Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dead forum?

Re: Dead forum?

Quote Originally Posted by (( LO LO )) View Post
    I am good, thanks! I have been stationed everywhere it seems like except California. November 2015 I retired from the Army. The family and I are now in Georgia, until my wife retires from the Army in July 2018. Not sure what adventures are ahead.
    Word man. Glad to hear things are well and thank you both for your service
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Word man. Glad to hear things are well and thank you both for your service
    Thanks!
    2014 Ducati Hypermotard 821
    2015 HD FLHXS

Hey, everyone...i'm also still around here and there. Mostly lurking and just checking in here and there...

Moved from Aurora and now over more near Castle Rock/Parker
    Current - 2008 Blue R6
    Sold - 2003 Custom Red R6

Cage - 2012 Nissan Frontier Pro4x

Quote Originally Posted by (( LO LO )) View Post
    Thanks!
    You're in Powder Springs? I am in Mableton! Retired in 2014!
    Last edited by Mental; Wed Nov 15th, 2017 at 07:55 PM.
    GSXRScott made me follow him into that corner,...down that hill...there was the time up that washout...crankcase alley...man I gotta stop following him.
    Quote Originally Posted by PharmerKyle View Post
    ...I knew all too well what would happen if the old guy on the Beemer took the lead...

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Sadly, I'm just too busy these days, and don't have the time to spend on the forums, reading and contributing, or organizing and planning events, or do much riding, for that matter.

I can't even remember if I managed to hit a canyon this year!

I bought a new bike this year (the Bolt C-Spec), which is mostly for commuting, around town (e.g. bike nights, if and when we ever have another), and I'm (still) mid-motor-swap on an 06 R6 (street legal, but it begs to be flogged, and I'm afraid I might get arrested if I ride it on the street. lol), but my favorite bike is still my '02 R1 - I rode it to COTA to for the MotoGP race this year, and am thinking about doing it again next year, but a conference that starts that Sunday might put a damper on that.
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

Bash here, still lurk once in awhile.
    Still ride as much as possible, mostly into touring and dual sport, cross country and in Mexico.
    Keep to the small groups and ride mostly with experienced persons. Not into large groups and calling Flight for Life like in the old days.
    Still do excessive speeds when appropriate, and love doing high speed gravel road and two track on the DS bike.
    Happy Holidays!
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Quote Originally Posted by Mental View Post
    You're in Powder Springs? I am in Mableton! Retired in 2014!
    Retired? Mableton? WTF?

Had a house in Austell before I moved to COS. No way i'd go back.
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    Retired? Mableton? WTF?

Had a house in Austell before I moved to COS. No way i'd go back.
    Ha! I think I remember us talking about that what, 10 years ago?. I grew up here, so we moved back. The folks are just down the road in Hiram.

I was out that COS way a few years ago when I was a full-time racing instructor. Got to meet up with a few of the old heads. It was fun!

You may not miss Austell, but don't pretend you don't miss Road Atlanta! We have another track up north, Atlanta Motorsports Park outside of Dawsonville. I recall you were a big VIR guy as well, I raced (a car) out there last year and I am gonna do a track day this fall with some racing buddies.

But I do miss Colorado (which is why I am back on the forum).

Its a shame we don't talk like we all used to, I blame Facebook. This is one of the last message boards I frequented that's still standing. The rest have all gone the way of the 56k modem, like every bike in my signature.

VFRing it these days.

GSXRScott made me follow him into that corner,...down that hill...there was the time up that washout...crankcase alley...man I gotta stop following him.
    Quote Originally Posted by PharmerKyle View Post
    ...I knew all too well what would happen if the old guy on the Beemer took the lead...

Good memory on Road A (endurance race there with a couple buddies was my last race). We got 3rd but that was due to only 4 entries in the Heavyweight twins class.

VIR is a great track as well.

Hey! The big chicken! Like the VFR, was looking at one the other day. Really need to get the TLR back on the road. Sold one bike 2 weeks ago trying to streamline my life.
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

I have a few odds and ends stock parts from my TLR if you need something. Not much but ya never know?
    2000 Zx-12R; 2007 GSXR 600 (bosses bike)
    2016 BMW R1200RS Granite FOG ride
    09 G8GT, 02 WJ

whats up lolo! qood to hear from you! so you retired 20 yrs, sgt major? thats awsome!! you a cool dude i met at hooters in 2005, i miss those RR days, with gotti,threat, budda

i'm still here...
    Current - 2008 Blue R6
    Sold - 2003 Custom Red R6

Cage - 2012 Nissan Frontier Pro4x

Everything went to the faceplant side of the webz, only very few remain
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )