Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dead forum?

Re: Dead forum?

No way you are thinking of giving up on two wheels right?????

Nope, but I'm much more passionate about mountain biking than motorcycles these days. Planning a trip to ride Monarch Crest in Sept if anyone here is interested.

I agree those new vets are great cars; to me probably the best American made car out. The Z06 (and soon to be released Z08 are awesome cars! ) Do it man!!!!!

Stevenson has one Z06 with sticker of $103k, and a number of GS models for $84k. I could live happily with the base model.
    They have one ZL1 Camaro for $74k. I enjoyed chatting with the FOG gearhead sales guy. He drove a Z06 on the Chevy test track in Cali. A mid-engine Vette? Maybe I should wait!
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    The only thing that'd stop me from going cross country on Dranos Tunono is Drano. And the windscreen. But bolt a Honda Goldwing windscreen to it and I'd ride it all day.
    I have done a bit of touring on mine... Put a taller windscreen on it, and for a time, I had a tailbag and rack installed. I lost a tail bag on my way home from work a while back and lost a bunch of stuff. So, I took the rack off. I replaced the box in case I want to do more touring. But not a priority right now...

Here's my ape on the Dragon... kitted out for light touring duty.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post

Nope, but I'm much more passionate about mountain biking than motorcycles these days. Planning a trip to ride Monarch Crest in Sept if anyone here is interested.

I agree those new vets are great cars; to me probably the best American made car out. The Z06 (and soon to be released Z08 are awesome cars! ) Do it man!!!!!

Stevenson has one Z06 with sticker of $103k, and a number of GS models for $84k. I could live happily with the base model.
    They have one ZL1 Camaro for $74k. I enjoyed chatting with the FOG gearhead sales guy. He drove a Z06 on the Chevy test track in Cali. A mid-engine Vette? Maybe I should wait!
    Check out the new 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE model that's coming out. Saw a video on youtube of them testing one, looked to be almost black in color but more of that cyber grey they are doing these days. Sharp looking car and very aggressive looking. 650hp supercharged 6.2L, all kinds of crazy track ready adjustable suspension.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post

I agree those new vets are great cars; to me probably the best American made car out.

Rode Monarch Crest a month ago cpl times. One of the best trails I have ridden in Colorado. Very scenic.

We're going to Winter Park in a couple weeks to bomb the ski runs. My fat ass loves gravity!!
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Went there during the lame eclipse. Smooth lotsa jumps..and found some magic mushrooms off of Roof of the Rockies trail

Quote Originally Posted by mdub View Post
    Went there during the lame eclipse. Smooth lotsa jumps..and found some magic mushrooms off of Roof of the Rockies trail
    Did you sign the waiver for Banana Peal?

A friend of mine who grows mushrooms (he's a chef) says that well over 90% of shrooms in the wild are poisonous and he's not the only shroom grower to tell me that. Even experts have an extremely hard time telling them apart. He says to never eat a found mushroom.

How did you know they were safe?
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post

A friend of mine who grows mushrooms (he's a chef) says that well over 90% of shrooms in the wild are poisonous and he's not the only shroom grower to tell me that. Even experts have an extremely hard time telling them apart. He says to never eat a found mushroom.

yeah super dangerous as I know someone who ruined their life this way. The difference between a safe mushroom and a deadly one can be so minuscule I'd never take the chance. Plus most magic mushrooms are grown on cow shit naturally or rice pattties if home grown.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post

JUst found. no comsumption.

I wouldn't have called that eclipse lame
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    I wouldn't have called that eclipse lame

Damn photo bucket is no longer free...

JUst found. no comsumption.
    Oh Yeah just be careful. When I was younger I had a buddy think he knew enough about mushrooms and did eat some he found. It was scary as he almost died from poisoning and then he was never the same; went from a energetic charismatic guy to a quiet guy who never said much after. I'm pretty sure all magic mushrooms do is poison you enough to hallucinate.....but yeah I did them a bunch of time when I was younger One time my cousin did so many he thought he was a monkey and jumped off a cliff. Broke his ankle and we had to take him to the ER all shroomed out.

Damn, still has not hit me yet. It must be coming in waves. http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...307#post783307

I think it is because the picture is of the coolest Bulldog ever...RIP my buddy Indy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5TuvYXaNDE&t=30s not sure if I did it right. that's what ive been doing. getting the TLR ready for next year. still too much fishing to do.

They'll charge for air soon enough... oh wait Lays already does
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

They'll charge for air soon enough... oh wait Lays already does
    It's Obama's fault!

Seriously though bro, that air is there for a purpose....you do not get charged for it...and it is not air it it nitrogen

Here...because knowing is half the battle (GI Joe)

As disappointing as it can be to tear into a bag of Lay’s to find empty air where your afternoon snack should be, that extra space in the package is there for a reason. “Slack fill” is an intentional choice by snack makers who want to protect their delicate products from the damage of rough handling during the shipping process. When products are stacked atop one another, crammed into tight spaces, or simply jostled around in the back of a delivery truck, slack fill serves as an air cushion that prevents potato chips from becoming potato crumbs.
    That’s not just any ordinary air puffing up potato chip bags, either: It’s nitrogen. Oxygen can cause the potatoes to spoil and the oil to go rancid, and the humidity found in ambient air makes the chips go soggy. Instead, packages are filled with nitrogen gas to help the snacks stay fresh, which a trained panel of tasters confirmed in a 1994 food science study.

I still check in/lurk from time to time. Maybe a once a month, a quick scan for any interesting posts.

Sadly, CSC has been slowly fading away the past few years. The best days, IMO, were circa 2007-2008 when we started doing epic overnight adventure rides like to Durango and such.

Since my crash last year, I haven't replaced the bike. I keep eyeing a '17 KTM Superduke 1290 R or the GT version, even checked it out today... but Mrs. Clovis wants the motorcycle stuff sold. Who knows, maybe next year?

The crash gave me some pause over some things and this summer I did a lot of fun things with my family. Took the kiddo (3yrs old now!) camping 3 times including one last trip from Labor Day through Wednesday Lots of trips to hot springs and the mountains. The bike phase may just be over for me for awhile, at least until the kiddo is older.

That was really the worst part about the crash. Realizing that if I had died, I wouldn't even be a memory to my daughter, then just 2, but I would be a story.

I love my girl too much to not be in her life. Daddy is "her best friend"

(The dog is also her "best friend"... ha)

Guess we'll see what the future brings.
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    It's Obama's fault!

Seriously though bro, that air is there for a purpose....you do not get charged for it...and it is not air it it nitrogen

Here...because knowing is half the battle (GI Joe)

As disappointing as it can be to tear into a bag of Lay’s to find empty air where your afternoon snack should be, that extra space in the package is there for a reason. “Slack fill” is an intentional choice by snack makers who want to protect their delicate products from the damage of rough handling during the shipping process. When products are stacked atop one another, crammed into tight spaces, or simply jostled around in the back of a delivery truck, slack fill serves as an air cushion that prevents potato chips from becoming potato crumbs.
    That’s not just any ordinary air puffing up potato chip bags, either: It’s nitrogen. Oxygen can cause the potatoes to spoil and the oil to go rancid, and the humidity found in ambient air makes the chips go soggy. Instead, packages are filled with nitrogen gas to help the snacks stay fresh, which a trained panel of tasters confirmed in a 1994 food science study.
    I was being sarcastic Holmes lol, I just want more damn chips we watching the fight tonight or what? Hope my girl Schevchenko wrecks Nunes.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    I still check in/lurk from time to time. Maybe a once a month, a quick scan for any interesting posts.

Sadly, CSC has been slowly fading away the past few years. The best days, IMO, were circa 2007-2008 when we started doing epic overnight adventure rides like to Durango and such.

Since my crash last year, I haven't replaced the bike. I keep eyeing a '17 KTM Superduke 1290 R or the GT version, even checked it out today... but Mrs. Clovis wants the motorcycle stuff sold. Who knows, maybe next year?

The crash gave me some pause over some things and this summer I did a lot of fun things with my family. Took the kiddo (3yrs old now!) camping 3 times including one last trip from Labor Day through Wednesday Lots of trips to hot springs and the mountains. The bike phase may just be over for me for awhile, at least until the kiddo is older.

That was really the worst part about the crash. Realizing that if I had died, I wouldn't even be a memory to my daughter, then just 2, but I would be a story.

Yeah dude, I lurked around since 05' and didn't join until 07' but those were fun days, full moon rides, north meets the south, poker runs, random rides, etc. Miss those days but times move on, many have sold their bikes, moved to ADV type riding or do their own private rides with specific people or gone to full racing. While I still have my bike but I honestly have very little desire to ride on the street anymore, it's become an utter shit show with the transplants and it's just no longer fun, not even in the hills. I ride maybe once a month. I've racked a whole whooping 800 miles of riding this season when it used to be like 20k a year before. Making memories with the family is definitely more important and trust me you're not missing out on much out here lol
    Last edited by madvlad; Sat Sep 9th, 2017 at 07:50 AM.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post

Clovis, lol. you still in widefield?
    down the street. still clovis as i read.
    btw new video trailer. pike and trout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQJWs-5XMWg

Hey Brat! No, we built a house and moved to the west side of town about 4 years ago.
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

What's up everyone! I heard my name whispered on the CSC, and *poof*, here I am. Glad to see a lot of you are on here still. I miss everyone on the CSC, and maybe some day will be back in Colorado. If any of you are in Georgia, feel free to hit me up.
    Last edited by (( LO LO )); Mon Oct 2nd, 2017 at 01:35 PM.
    2014 Ducati Hypermotard 821
    2015 HD FLHXS

Quote Originally Posted by (( LO LO )) View Post
    What's up everyone! I heard my name whispered on the CSC, and *poof*, here I am. Glad to see a lot of you are on here still. I miss everyone on the CSC, and maybe some day will be back in Colorado. If any of you are in Georgia, feel free to hit me up.
    Holy crap, he lives!!! Good hearing from you man. No more Cali huh? Last I heard you had moved out there. Hope all is well
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Holy crap, he lives!!! Good hearing from you man. No more Cali huh? Last I heard you had moved out there. Hope all is well
    I am good, thanks! I have been stationed everywhere it seems like except California. November 2015 I retired from the Army. The family and I are now in Georgia, until my wife retires from the Army in July 2018. Not sure what adventures are ahead.
    2014 Ducati Hypermotard 821
    2015 HD FLHXS

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Ha. Awesome!
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson