Thread: Looking for a good RV body shop

Looking for a good RV body shop

Had a blow-out on the fifth-wheel on the way back home from Montrose last week. Did some pretty good damage.

Anyone know a body shop that works on RVs?
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Re: Looking for a good RV body shop

Dang! that sucks.We had a blowout that did some minor damage to the skirting. I found that Lowes carries an embossed FRP sheet that is a dead ringer for the pebbly texture of the original.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

I'll fix it myself if I can find parts...

The skirting is probably going to be the problem. It's diamond plate, but thin, stamped sheet metal. The metal band/channel that wraps the entire RV that connects the skirting to the fiberglass might be a problem, too.

Fender is completely disintegrated along with some bent frame members. Got some fiberglass damage, too.

Fortunately, I found some hi-speed rated trailer tires. Rated to 87mph. They cost three times as much as regular trailer tires, but I haul ass!!
    Kim & Dean

I'm just happy you guys are ok. A few years back my mom's boyfriend was towing a trailer and had a blowout and it made him go off the side of a cliff and he died. Shit can be fixed, so could have been way worse.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    I'll fix it myself if I can find parts...

The skirting is probably going to be the problem. It's diamond plate, but thin, stamped sheet metal. The metal band/channel that wraps the entire RV that connects the skirting to the fiberglass might be a problem, too.

Fender is completely disintegrated along with some bent frame members. Got some fiberglass damage, too.

Fortunately, I found some hi-speed rated trailer tires. Rated to 87mph. They cost three times as much as regular trailer tires, but I haul ass!!
    Lowes also has thin diamond plate in 2'x4' pieces. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Steelworks-...-Metal/3054573 Can't help with the other bits though.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    I'm just happy you guys are ok. A few years back my mom's boyfriend was towing a trailer and had a blowout and it made him go off the side of a cliff and he died. Shit can be fixed, so could have been way worse.
    Except for the insanely loud explosion, I would never have known it blew up. Same with the first blow-out five years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    Lowes also has thin diamond plate in 2'x4' pieces. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Steelworks-...-Metal/3054573 Can't help with the other bits though.
    Damn, that's real close. Mine is grey, though. Gives me hope...
    Kim & Dean