Thread: Please help a disabled friend of mine

Please help a disabled friend of mine

His name is Bob, he works as a librarian at a local hospital. Seriously, he's disabled, cares for his elderly mother, and works as a librarian at a hospital, his job to help others. One of the best men I know.

He has Cerebral Palsy, and rides a tricycle to work every single day. Some low life motherfucker stole his tricycle, and I'm going to buy him a new one. Well, I lost my job a few months ago, and money is tight. If you can spare $10, $20, it's one of the best causes you could think of. Seriously guys I won't make a dime off this, and in fact however much this fundraiser is short I'll cover the rest. I hate seeing him struggle just to ride the heavy, single speed bicycle on flat ground.

Thank you all. PM me if you want more specific info, I just don't want it too public because he has too much pride to want this.

My PayPal is AaronZ34@gmail.com, and I'd prefer you send money via friends and family since GoFundMe takes like 10%.

https://www.gofundme.com/new-bike-fo...cerebral-palsy
    Last edited by Aaron; Thu Aug 31st, 2017 at 07:43 AM.

Re: Please help a disabled friend of mine

That's fucked up dude, some people are just below scum status, how and why would anyone steal at all, let alone from a disabled person, that's just grimmey as fuck... Sure hope he can get something nice and new soon and that won't be stolen too...
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

I was legit PISSED OFF when he told me. And it's not like the person didn't know, there was a damn Handicap tag attached to the back of the bicycle.

I've scoured Craigslist and the pawn shops, but nothing yet. I'm going down to the bike shop today to look at them, and hopefully order one. Also picked other a bike lock and new Handicap tag from Amazon for him.

Wow, Aaron, this is a super nice thing you are doing for this guy. I gave a little so hope it helps.

A few years ago my uncle's wheelchair was stolen from the back of a truck as he sat there. The people knew he was paralyzed from waist down and he could not do anything so they casually came up and stole his super expensive titanium wheelchair...his mean of getting around! Police found it weeks later thrashed as someone used it just to have fun in. I just don't get how some people can be so evil.....

One of my wife's friends is married to comedian Josh Blue who has Cerebral Palsy; he won Last Comic Standing. I've met the guy a few times and he is a super nice guy too and his comedy is funny too. Here he is http://www.cerebralpalsy.org/inspira...ists/josh-blue

P.S. Damir....your generosity is awesome man! I just had to say it because I know you aren't a rich guy, but you are always one of the first people to step up to help. Props to you man!
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Aug 31st, 2017 at 07:54 AM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Aaron, I checked Ebay and they do sell the bike you were thinking of getting for a much better price. I'm sure it would take some building, but you seem like a mechanical guy. Just an Idea:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...ng+24&_sacat=0

If money gets reallt tight they have some for like $250 shipped, but not a Komodo: http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Wheel-24-T...sAAOSwIWVY8lGV

Here is the one I think you were looking at $459 shipped. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adult-Tricyc...gAAOSwsTxXiRjS

Assembly doesn't seem to bad:
    We save you from common headaches by pre-assembling all but major components.

Brake wiring and shifting chain are pre-installed!

Frame is halfway assembled. Tires, handlebar, fenders, basket, brake and shifting wires have to be assembled or connected.
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Aug 31st, 2017 at 08:16 AM.

That's messed up, but good on you for doing something for him.

I know the feeling... Been out of work for a few months myself, but I also believe that you reap what you sow. Paypal incoming...
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post

My PayPal is AaronZ34@gmail.com, and I'd prefer you send money via friends and family since GoFundMe takes like 10%.

https://www.gofundme.com/new-bike-fo...cerebral-palsy
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    That's messed up, but good on you for doing something for him.

I know the feeling... Been out of work for a few months myself, but I also believe that you reap what you sow. Paypal incoming...
    Damn....totally missed the part to use paypal....my bad, went through GoFund me.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Damn....totally missed the part to use paypal....my bad, went through GoFund me.
    I'm sure PP will get it's cut somewhere along the way as well... It was just the easier route for me since I've got extra funds sitting in PP from selling a bunch of old paintball stuff.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

I'll kick-in a few bucks for this cause. Good on ya for doing this Aaron.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Bump

You guys are truly awesome, you have no idea how much this means to me. I know how tight everyone is, so I truly know and appreciate this. So far I've raised $270 from GoFundMe, and $170 through PayPal. I'm going to give it another few days.

I went down and talked to Bob today. Turns out he already bought himself a new bike before I could talk to him. He spent a little over $740 on it. So from here I'm going to donate all the funds collected to him in cash to help recover his costs. I'll kick in $100 myself, either that or I'm going to buy him a new lock for the bike. He has one, but it's a simple Master Lock on a cable.

So you get an idea of how much he rides, the one that was stolen had a little over 5,500 miles on it, in just 2 years.

I got a picture of Bob on the new bike, still trying to figure out how to post it.

www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )