Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving to Southern CO

Re: Moving to Southern CO

My Pueblo story. Some years ago we were at Pueblo Motorsports Park for an SCCA regional race. At 7am on a Sunday morning, an announcement comes over the PA system to stay in our trailers or in the race clubhouse. After the cops come to asses the situation, turns out some idiot with a gun was shooting at bowling balls for target practice .. aiming in the direction of the track!
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I wouldn't avoid Pueblo because of the homicide rate, the odds of getting homicided are still slim. But just because murders are stupid high, don't you think every other crime is too? The city is outrageously high in DUI, thefts, hit/runs, vandalism, literally every crime. It's a fucking shit hole.
    I was worried I was being too hard on Pueblo. Then I came across this list of the top 10 worst cities to live in Colorado.....guess who was #1...yup Pueblo
    https://reporttoday.net/top-10-worst...orado-2017/10/

Population: 106,944
    Crime: 3rd highest in Colorado for cities over 5,000
    Unemployment rate: 9.2%
    Household income: $35,176
    Average home value: $105,000

When you’re looking at things from purely a scientific standpoint, Pueblo is by far the worst place in Colorado.
    The crime here is really bad and nearly 1 in 10 residents are without jobs – by far the highest in the state. And those who are employed earn a measly salary. The schools are underfunded and home values are low and not climbing at all.
    If you’ve been to Pueblo, it would be hard to argue against this ranking. And if you live there, you might have expected to see your town towards the top of the list. The rest of these cities are a distant second.

OMG, average house cost is $105K....you couldn't get a crappy condo for that in Denver.

Couple more sites that agree:
    https://www.roadsnacks.net/worst-pla...e-in-colorado/
    https://www.roadsnacks.net/most-dang...s-in-colorado/
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Sep 20th, 2017 at 10:02 AM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

And remember crime rates come from the police, and the police come from the city, and the city is biased and has an agenda. I bet Pueblo is even higher than just 3rd.

And remember crime rates come from the police, and the police come from the city, and the city is biased and has an agenda. I bet Pueblo is even higher than just 3rd.
    Good point.....

The fact that 1 in 10 people are unemployed is scary. Like you said previously this is all connected. No job usually ends to people doing more drugs/alchol because they are depressed and have too much free time. Then when money gets bad it goes to theft and robbery which equals more crime. Then until you climb out of that hole, your entire family suffers until it becomes a cycle that continues; seen it over and over again from friends that didn't get out of that mess. I go back to my hometown and friends I had growing up brag how they are still in same gang as when we were in HS (never been in a gang by the way; I feel they are for cowards). I'm like "bro your almost 40 and still in a gang"....they tell me "it's for life" and their brothers/cousins/nephews see this and expect this is what they need to do too....goes on for generations. Best move I ever made was to get away from that mess.
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Sep 20th, 2017 at 02:13 PM.

Board Newbie

Meh, I'm just tired of the message that "Nowhere is safe! Nothing is safe! Fear for your life at all times!! Hide in your very specific corner of your very specific suburb and make sure the triple HEPA filter in your Prius was changed yesterday by a super-duper certified $200 / hr dealership. Because only this tiny corner of one-upping the Jones-es and medicating everything away and being afraid of red meat and exhaust fumes is safe!"

Does Colorado even HAVE ten cities? I could name maybe half that: Denver, Springs, Grand Junction, Fort Collins and Pueblo. The last three barely even count as cities. Both Philly and Seattle are full of areas that were deemed "shitholes" in the past, and are now booming. Only way that happens is by someone putting in the money and effort to convince decent people to come back. Until then you get an endless sprawl of strip malls and postage stamp cookie cutter developments around larger cities. Those malls and developments turn to disrepair, and the cancer spreads.

Quote Originally Posted by HalcyonSon View Post
    Meh, I'm just tired of the message that "Nowhere is safe! Nothing is safe! Fear for your life at all times!! Hide in your very specific corner of your very specific suburb and make sure the triple HEPA filter in your Prius was changed yesterday by a super-duper certified $200 / hr dealership. Because only this tiny corner of one-upping the Jones-es and medicating everything away and being afraid of red meat and exhaust fumes is safe!"

Does Colorado even HAVE ten cities? I could name maybe half that: Denver, Springs, Grand Junction, Fort Collins and Pueblo. The last three barely even count as cities. Both Philly and Seattle are full of areas that were deemed "shitholes" in the past, and are now booming. Only way that happens is by someone putting in the money and effort to convince decent people to come back. Until then you get an endless sprawl of strip malls and postage stamp cookie cutter developments around larger cities. Those malls and developments turn to disrepair, and the cancer spreads.
    Bro, you are the ones that asked....not sure why you asked if it never concerned you! V

Quote Originally Posted by HalcyonSon View Post

How bad is Pueblo really for gangs / theft / a family? Everyone I spoke to at the mill lives in Springs and commutes. I would prefer not to drive that far, but also see kids in my near future. ... Plus a house with a nice big garage and several bikes. Bikes that I intend to ride everywhere: to work (possibly at the mill), Downtown, to the Reservoir, to a friend's place in Belmont, etc. I've never really worried about my bike here, except for having my plate stolen once, but I hear crime is pretty bad in Pueblo.

Here you go man: Colorado currently has 271 incorporated municipalities, comprising 196 towns, 73 cities, and two consolidated city and county governments.[1][2]

I'm done helping man as I am not from Philly or carry so I am not invincible like you and see a way bigger issue here with Pueblo (like my house going up in equity)....plus you don't seem very appreciative......good luck.

P.S. Some of the advice you were given was straight for a member here that has law enforcement experience as a police officer: if he doesn't know crime, not sure who else would know better.
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Sep 21st, 2017 at 01:29 PM.

Not that I'm a huge fan of the Independent paper but they had a decent article about the possibility of Amazon bringing a second HQ to Colorado Springs. I first saw the story on News 13, where they mentioned that if Amazon were to bring a headquarters to the Springs, it would have the potential to bring 50,000 jobs to the Springs area. That's an insane amount of growth and tons of change to the city layout(I'm guessing they would be located in the North or East sides of town) If we weren't getting crowded before, we might now. Looks like I really need to start looking at land out east and get out of the city. I love economic growth and enjoy seeing the city flourish and do well, I just don't want to live in it.

https://www.csindy.com/TheWire/archi...d-headquarters

http://coloradosprings.com/colorado-...rticle/1611273
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Then move to Pueblo, God knows it's not flourishing or doing well.

Pueblo's ugly....
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Let operation gentrification begin....

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Not that I'm a huge fan of the Independent paper but they had a decent article about the possibility of Amazon bringing a second HQ to Colorado Springs. I first saw the story on News 13, where they mentioned that if Amazon were to bring a headquarters to the Springs, it would have the potential to bring 50,000 jobs to the Springs area. That's an insane amount of growth and tons of change to the city layout(I'm guessing they would be located in the North or East sides of town) If we weren't getting crowded before, we might now. Looks like I really need to start looking at land out east and get out of the city. I love economic growth and enjoy seeing the city flourish and do well, I just don't want to live in it.

https://www.csindy.com/TheWire/archi...d-headquarters

http://coloradosprings.com/colorado-...rticle/1611273
    Yeah heard same report on news. It will be huge for CO Springs for sure. Although guess they said there other HQ is also on west coast sp they think it may be one on East coast they pick...guess we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by mdub View Post
    Let operation gentrification begin....
    Right.....someone please fix Pueblo so it can stop being the shame of CO. Hope this is the guy to do it...honestly....but I am very doubtful.
    Last edited by bulldog; Fri Sep 22nd, 2017 at 08:12 AM.

Having lived just outside of Baltimore for several years, I've been through Filthadelphia more than a time or two... Hey, if that's your kind of Utopia, then maybe you'll enjoy Pueblo as well...

You're right... people need to get out of their comfort zone and realized that you don't need to live your entire life in a state of bubble-wrapped, pharma-induced haze. However, having a bit of situational awareness goes a long way.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Yeah heard same report on news. It will be huge for CO Springs for sure. Although guess they said there other HQ is also on west coast sp they think it may be one on East coast they pick...guess we will see.

Right.....someone please fix Pueblo so it can stop being the shame of CO. Hope this is the guy to do it...honestly....but I am very doubtful.
    Who knows . This thread makes Peeblo look so bad. But hey I have never exp the place. It would definitely keep people outta there from all its issues. If I had to move there I'd make sure I had a vo and weapons strategically placed all over property . Like The Acountant. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by mdub View Post
    Who knows . This thread makes Peeblo look so bad. But hey I have never exp the place. It would definitely keep people outta there from all its issues. If I had to move there I'd make sure I had a vo and weapons strategically placed all over property . Like The Acountant. Haha
    I've always wanted a mini-gun mounted in the garage! Especially during storm season when all the roofing scam artists are going door to door...
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

My minigun is a GAU-8 Avenger.
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Well, let's put it this way, Safeway closed every single supermarket they had in Pueblo, all 3 of them, because the theft problems could not be controlled.