Quote Originally Posted by DrKnow65 View Post
Yah, a little audiophile

I've also rebuilt a pair a Parasound 2250 amps and mated them to a set of 4412 JBL studio monitors that I did custom drivers in and ran 5 way active from a set of DAC's I built,
that are ran from a MiniDSP (4X8 ) so that I could do all digital room correction as well as tailor all the crossover points depending on what speakers I was trying
At one point I had +/- 2db to my room curve from 5hz to 24Khz...

The whole setup is now under the workbench, as it was like having an oven in the room when left powered up (it was only ever powered down when we left for more than 3 days).

I'm thinking of upgrading to some solid JBL PA drivers when I get back into it...

Beer? Hell yah! I'm loving New Belgium 1554, seem to not tire of it
Yeah..... I'm gonna have to read that again to make sure I know what I'm talking about, but that sounds like something I've seen in recording studios. I think they used it for adjusting for room acoustics.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
Not too familiar with free air. Put a free air in a truck one time and was ok, but nothing compared to a normal enclosure. That was back in the day though.
Free air/infinite baffle just requires that the front and rear air volumes are completely separated. An IB speaker can be mounted in the trunk of a car and the trunk becomes the box.