Thread: 2017/2018 Tacoma

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 2017/2018 Tacoma

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post

Yeah, it doesn't even come with HID lights so will upgrade those as soon as I get it, it will at least come with projector headlamps so the output will be great, doing nothing more or less than a 5,000k set for the low beam and maybe same for the fogs or go to 3,000k on those. Not sure yet. They discontinued the ranger, else I would consider it, they're warrior trucks man. Ford was stupid for discontinuing that truck. It sold so damn well
    Pretty sure HID and projection headlights are the same man....just different name. Maybe you mean HID vs LED. Although there may be a HID bulb used not in a projector housing; best way to tell is if it has that glass globe.... I'll never go back to standard headlights!!!!

FZRGuy sold one a while back on here.....considered it, but sold super fast I think.
    Last edited by bulldog; Tue Sep 26th, 2017 at 09:41 AM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Pretty sure HID and projection headlights are the same man....just different name. Maybe you mean HID vs LED. Although there may be a HID bulb used not in a projector housing; best way to tell is if it has that glass globe.... I'll never go back to standard headlights!!!!.
    My 2016 R1M has projector LED headlights.

Which are completely useless in a turn at night. They point straight at the ground when leaned over. Can't do Lookout Mtn. at night anymore!
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    My 2016 R1M has projector LED headlights.

Which are completely useless in a turn at night. They point straight at the ground when leaned over. Can't do Lookout Mtn. at night anymore!
    Good point....never had them on a bike, but I borrowed one that did and was amazed how the "lean" really messed up the viewpoint. Since they project basically a rectangle, at a lean they were horrible.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!