Thread: 2017/2018 Tacoma

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 2017/2018 Tacoma

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Fuck man, I was just messing around, but now I feel like shit! Nice come back, I respect what that car means to you, and the years of hard work it took to get it. And at the end of the day, if you like it, then fuck everyone else!

Buying the house was smart though. My Dad made me buy my house when I was 23-24ish, and I'm glad he did, because it's a stable investment. My girlfriend is always mentioning how I don't save enough money, but she forgets I have a $130,000 savings account (Still owe $110k), and it's growing every day, and every mortgage payment I make is $1500 more into the savings account.

The 335i is rated at 300hp, which is slightly low, most well-maintained ones will put down 300 at the wheels. But if they haven't been maintained well, that number can fall fast. And although the AWD ones are quick off the line, up top the AWD hurts it of course. A few minor bolt ons and you'd have no problem walking a stock 335i/xi. You may need a few more mods to hang with me though [IMG]file:///C:/Users/NATHAN~1.MON/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]
    No big deal man….I figured you were just messing around, but I do know your BMW is nice and fast. Yeah stuff means way more when you never had much so when you get it, it tends to mean more. I got a friend with a Porshe, but he grew up rich, and doesn’t seem to really appreciate what he has and that is sad because if I had that car I’d baby it (well of course open her up as that is what she is meant for)….to him it’s just another expensive car of a long list of them he has had.

Good job man…..buying a house was the best decision I made. At age 20 it was a hard one because I did want to buy a STI/Evo instead or a new Honda CBR at the time. I had friends think I was crazy for doing this so young, but now it has been all worth it. Like you said, I consider my house a “savings account” in a way too; way houses are in Denver I doubt I’d have a hard time selling it pretty quick and making a ton of equity. Last I checked I owe about $120K and it values at $350K+ now…..took about 19 years, but I think I could always sell and get a nice $200k+check. To me it’s insane to rent here in Denver when you can buy a house cheaper, but I know it works for some people……

Yeah I forgot you have some mods on that BMW; mine is stock other than the STI parts it came with as I am sick of modding cars…..did it for years. Maybe I’ll get a COBB tuner and pay someone who knows what they are doing to remap it so it is closer to the STI HP. So far don’t want to mess with it much though. What all you got on that BMW?

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    Shit!! My 2005 F-250 ate WRX and STIs for breakfast. They didn't have a prayer.

Just fuckin' with you guys. I know it's not a fair comparison. I built the truck to 600 H.P. and 900 Ft/Lbs of torque. I put over $13,000 into that piece of shit and around a week after putting the last $5,000 into it, it broke a rod and cracked the block. Yay!!!!

I had to back the tune way down for towing (melt the cylinder heads), but it sure was fun messing with sports cars.

The new truck is 440 H.P. and 860 Ft/Lbs stock, so now I have that power for towing. It'll pull my 13,000 Lb. toyhauler 70 mph up the West side of Eisenhower. Love it!!
    lol....I almost put a disclaimer when I said that because there are some trucks that are super fast; some turbo diesels, those damn Turbo Porshe SUV's, those Acura SUV's, the SRT Jeeps, Raptors, etc.

EDIT: Was curious what is considered the fastest OEM truck; claim the Toyota Tundra TRD Supercharged! Damir, we found your next truck man! lol

There is a bit of controversy surrounding the world’s fastest pickup. In 2008, Motor Trend reported that the Toyota Tundra TRD Supercharger could scramble from zero to 60 in an insane 4.4 seconds. While some have called that number into question, no one has actually been able to refute it, so this Tundra variant gets to assume the throne as the world’s fastest. To put things in perspective, this is a full-size pickup truck that can keep pace with supercars from Ferrari, Aston Martin, etc. It gets there behind a goosed-up 5.7-liter V8 engine making 504 horsepower and 550 pound-feet of torque. Simply astounding stuff.

Last edited by bulldog; Wed Sep 27th, 2017 at 12:38 PM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Re: 2017/2018 Tacoma

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    lol....I almost put a disclaimer when I said that because there are some trucks that are super fast
    There are a few guys at Bandimere with 9 second turbo diesels. Everyday street trucks. Freakin' amazing!! Runnin' over 5,000 psi cylinder pressure. Propane injection, too...

BTW - Are you guys aware that diesels injector pressure is around 30,000 psi? Slightly more than the 80 psi on your average hi-performance car. When the injectors fuck up, they act like a water jet cutting head and will burn right through the pistons.
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M