Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: 2017/2018 Tacoma

Re: 2017/2018 Tacoma

Quote Originally Posted by DrKnow65 View Post
    Yah, a little audiophile

I've also rebuilt a pair a Parasound 2250 amps and mated them to a set of 4412 JBL studio monitors that I did custom drivers in and ran 5 way active from a set of DAC's I built,
    that are ran from a MiniDSP (4X8 ) so that I could do all digital room correction as well as tailor all the crossover points depending on what speakers I was trying
    At one point I had +/- 2db to my room curve from 5hz to 24Khz...

The whole setup is now under the workbench, as it was like having an oven in the room when left powered up (it was only ever powered down when we left for more than 3 days).

I'm thinking of upgrading to some solid JBL PA drivers when I get back into it...

Beer? Hell yah! I'm loving New Belgium 1554, seem to not tire of it
    Yeah..... I'm gonna have to read that again to make sure I know what I'm talking about, but that sounds like something I've seen in recording studios. I think they used it for adjusting for room acoustics.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Not too familiar with free air. Put a free air in a truck one time and was ok, but nothing compared to a normal enclosure. That was back in the day though.
    Free air/infinite baffle just requires that the front and rear air volumes are completely separated. An IB speaker can be mounted in the trunk of a car and the trunk becomes the box.
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Well as I thought this deal was too good to be true. The salesman or manager won't return my calls nor give me any updates on the truck at all and it's been 2 days, nobody at the dealer can give me any updates at all, last I knew they were trying to secure the truck which is usually a couple of hour deal at worst case scenario, it really isn't that hard to do but they keep stalling for some reason, Toyota Financial already approved a week ago!!! Something tells me they realized how insanely good of a deal I was getting and they're most likely trying to get me to back out of the deal so they can sell the truck to someone else for much more money... Go figure, well guess that ends the dream for the time being. Just told those guys to go pound sand and just sent Toyota Corporate a nice little email that I am sure I will be hearing from. Car dealers are honestly too much and it's insane how these people think or conduct business, which also brings me to the conclusion as of why I stopped being an auto tech or have anything to do with that dishonest and bullshit industry, also they wonder why people don't trust them at all. Rather disappointed but not surprised they were going to pull the rabbit out of the hat. Toyota sells so fucking much that if I walk, they'll just find another buyer instantly anyways. Sure hope Toyota Corporate rectifies this situation but as of right now I honestly don't want any other car or truck so the Maxima will remain with me for the time being.... bleh, this just fucked my week up. Anyways back to subwoofer talk
    That's fucked up! Seen it a thousand times. They've probably already sold it. Happens all the time!

If I hadn't been typing about speakers all day, I'd tell ya some stories about this crap....
    Kim & Dean

Oh I believe it dude, I was in the industry for 15 years and saw all kinds of fucked up shit... Just damn shame people can't do things right from the get-go, they'd save themselves a whole lot of trouble... oh well. Maybe I'll just keep the Maxima and go sign for the 60th anniversary R1 I wanted anyways lol, much cheaper lol
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

... oh well. Maybe I'll just keep the Maxima and go sign for the 60th anniversary R1 I wanted anyways lol, much cheaper lol
    Well, that would piss me off. I go out buy a ridiculous R1M and then Kim gets her anniversary R6. My bike looks like shit next to hers. As a matter of fact, everywhere we go, no one even notices my bike!

Supposed to be a high of 77 in Denver on Saturday. Like always, I'll be out...
    Kim & Dean

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    Well, that would piss me off. I go out buy a ridiculous R1M and then Kim gets her anniversary R6. My bike looks like shit next to hers. As a matter of fact, everywhere we go, no one even notices my bike!

Supposed to be a high of 77 in Denver on Saturday. Like always, I'll be out...
    Those Kenny Roberts colors man, can't go wrong with them. Love that color scheme. If I wasn't corner working the last round, I'd put up a ride and or join ya.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Oh this is the place we're supposed to diacuss the tires? I really don't like the deodorant I just got. Same 2 pack as usual but the scent got drastically stronger. Likely the marketing asshats. ::

Whatever hope you find a good truck
    "On a cycle the frame is gone. You're completely in contact with it all. You're in the scene, not just watching it anymore, and the sense of presence is overwhelming.” Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by Okrapp View Post
    I really don't like the deodorant I just got. Same 2 pack as usual but the scent got drastically stronger. Likely the marketing asshats. ::

Whatever hope you find a good truck
    It's gotta be a conspiracy, I just know it.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

That darn old spice
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Damn Damir that sucks.....it's happened to most of us before, but sometimes it is a blessing. Before the WRX I almost bought a Mitsubishi Evo. To make a long story short the deal was done and I told them I was taking my trade in home real quick to take some of my contents out while they finalized the paperwork. Gone maybe 20 mins and come back all excited over the new car and I walk in and suddenly I could see a difference. They went back on original offer and tried to blame it on something missed on a car fax. In end they were assholes after that and I ended up walking from there pretty pissed off.

Well that dealership, Quality Mitsubishi, went under and I am pretty sure Mitsubishi as a car company is not doing that well; think we have one dealer left in Denver.

So yeah, got the WRX instead and my experience with Groove Subaru (on Broadway) was total opposite and so glad I did not get the Evo!
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

You should really call my friend, Damir. She is honest and very upfront about what she can and cannot do for you. I can guarantee you wouldn't have this type of run around or headache with her.
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Damn Damir that sucks.....it's happened to most of us before, but sometimes it is a blessing. Before the WRX I almost bought a Mitsubishi Evo. To make a long story short the deal was done and I told them I was taking my trade in home real quick to take some of my contents out while they finalized the paperwork. Gone maybe 20 mins and come back all excited over the new car and I walk in and suddenly I could see a difference. They went back on original offer and tried to blame it on something missed on a car fax. In end they were assholes after that and I ended up walking from there pretty pissed off.

Well that dealership, Quality Mitsubishi, went under and I am pretty sure Mitsubishi as a car company is not doing that well; think we have one dealer left in Denver.

So yeah, got the WRX instead and my experience with Groove Subaru (on Broadway) was total opposite and so glad I did not get the Evo!
    Yeah, Mitsubishi as a brand has officially pulled out of the US. They will have a couple dealers here and there more for service support and parts but as far as sales goes, they announced it a couple of years ago that they're done. Overseas and Latin America sales for them are doing super well so they're not done as a brand. Which Evo was it? The X? Cause if so man you were blessed not getting that piece of shit, those things suck beyond belief.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    You should really call my friend, Damir. She is honest and very upfront about what she can and cannot do for you. I can guarantee you wouldn't have this type of run around or headache with her.
    Well I was forced to going out of state anyways for what I wanted and I'm sure she couldn't have beat the price locally nor been able to go out of state for me on getting a truck anyways plus all manuals on the color and package I want are non existent in Colorado so was kind of pointless to call her up, didn't want to waste her time. I had researched insanely well on those trucks and they're pretty scarce.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Yeah, Mitsubishi as a brand has officially pulled out of the US. They will have a couple dealers here and there more for service support and parts but as far as sales goes, they announced it a couple of years ago that they're done. Overseas and Latin America sales for them are doing super well so they're not done as a brand. Which Evo was it? The X? Cause if so man you were blessed not getting that piece of shit, those things suck beyond belief.
    Would have been 2014, so it was the "X". The one I test drove had the dual transmission as they didn't have a manual and so glad in end I did not settle for a auto. When I drove the WRX and STI, I really liked how it drove way more than the Evo or RallyArt.....I had just had two Mitsubishi's before so wanted to take advantage of their "customer loyalty" discount. Bad customer service ruined it for me, but in end so glad.

P.S. Went with the WRX as I just felt too old looking in the STI with it's giant wing. Basically why I got top of the line WRX with the STI package.

See now you know why I was at the dealership within 15 minutes when they got the car I wanted....can't believe anything till you drive off with the car.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Would have been 2014, so it was the "X". The one I test drove had the dual transmission as they didn't have a manual and so glad in end I did not settle for a auto. When I drove the WRX and STI, I really liked how it drove way more than the Evo or RallyArt.....I had just had two Mitsubishi's before so wanted to take advantage of their "customer loyalty" discount. Bad customer service ruined it for me, but in end so glad.

P.S. Went with the WRX as I just felt too old looking in the STI with it's giant wing. Basically why I got top of the line WRX with the STI package.

See now you know why I was at the dealership within 15 minutes when they got the car I wanted....can't believe anything till you drive off with the car.
    Yeah the Evo X was plagued with issues, the only last Evo worth a fuck was the IX, thing was nearly perfect. Yeah the limited WRX is cool man and it has juat a much cleaner look imo in comparison to the STi plus it's lighter and it has pretty much STi components for the most part. Your package on that car is pretty badass including the color, love that pearl white.

Quick update on my truck, so did reach Sully's friend Colleen and holy smokes talk about diligent and professional. I am very impressed how quickly she moved to attempt to find a truck for me and she did!!! Granted a bit more expensive than what I would have gotten the truck in SLC (just for you Nate ) but I don't care as she has surpassed all my expectations in a matter of an hour, insane dude. Working on the deal and we'll see what happens *fingers crossed*
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

I have a 16 Taco Offroad with every option. I got the short bed because I wanted a shorter wheel base for trails and a long bed wouldn't fit in my garage bay

Ordered it December 15, arrived Feb 16. I've got about 25k miles on it now and still love it. It's fantastic off road, the crawl control has gotten me out of a lot of sticky situations. My friend Mo bought the same truck a couple months ago.

I highly recommend paying the extra money for the JBL sound system though. For a stock system it sounds really good.
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"