Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017/2018 Tacoma

Re: 2017/2018 Tacoma

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Wait a second, you wanted a fast car, so you bought a WRX?

Damir I wouldn't take any of this guy's advice. Your new Tacoma will have more horsepower than his "fast" car!
    I grew up pretty poor man so a WRX is pretty special to me; took me till like 35 to finally get one (mainly because I bought a house at age 20 instead). It's the Limited which has some of the STI mods so puts out about 300hp in that small car. Mainly it handles and performs well. Yeah I know it is no Ferrari, but I really do enjoy the car. I did test drive a used BMW 335 (the awd model; think a 2013 or 2014) a co-worker was selling and honestly I did not feel much of a power gain over the WRX...aren't those rated at like 300HP too (non "M" model)?. Not saying the WRX is faster, but I am a pretty good driver so I bet I could at least hang with you. I don't know, I guess compared to most "normal" cars I see on the road it is fast...it's no BMW, but I really do love the car and if I really got into more power it has a lot of potential

I only have three payment left on it, so if I really wanted to I could upgrade pretty easily....but I won't as happy with it and would rather have no car payment.

P.S. Not many people know, but the WRX is faster than the STI in quarter mile and 0-60; because has 5 gears vs 6 (all good to me as I don't race in the 100+ mph)

Damir knows what I mean and so happy he is getting to the same point of getting the truck he has wanted for years...he's a good guy that deserves it
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Sep 27th, 2017 at 10:48 AM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Fuck man, I was just messing around, but now I feel like shit! Nice come back, I respect what that car means to you, and the years of hard work it took to get it. And at the end of the day, if you like it, then fuck everyone else!

Buying the house was smart though. My Dad made me buy my house when I was 23-24ish, and I'm glad he did, because it's a stable investment. My girlfriend is always mentioning how I don't save enough money, but she forgets I have a $130,000 savings account (Still owe $110k), and it's growing every day, and every mortgage payment I make is $1500 more into the savings account.

The 335i is rated at 300hp, which is slightly low, most well-maintained ones will put down 300 at the wheels. But if they haven't been maintained well, that number can fall fast. And although the AWD ones are quick off the line, up top the AWD hurts it of course. A few minor bolt ons and you'd have no problem walking a stock 335i/xi. You may need a few more mods to hang with me though

I like my convertible and all, but it's very limited when you have to take stuff to the dump, make Home Depot runs, or deal with dogs. I miss my truck sometimes. We had two crew cab Frontiers, one basic SV 4x4 and one the Nismo edition. We test drove against the full sized 1/2 tons as well as the Taco. I didn't like the smaller Taco interior (what with dogs) and the fact that their seats placed me so low on the floor compared to the higher seating of the Frontier. Honestly if I were in the market for another pick up I would get the 2000-2006 Tundra again, for us that's an ideal size.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Shit!! My 2005 F-250 ate WRX and STIs for breakfast. They didn't have a prayer.

Just fuckin' with you guys. I know it's not a fair comparison. I built the truck to 600 H.P. and 900 Ft/Lbs of torque. I put over $13,000 into that piece of shit and around a week after putting the last $5,000 into it, it broke a rod and cracked the block. Yay!!!!

I had to back the tune way down for towing (melt the cylinder heads), but it sure was fun messing with sports cars.

The new truck is 440 H.P. and 860 Ft/Lbs stock, so now I have that power for towing. It'll pull my 13,000 Lb. toyhauler 70 mph up the West side of Eisenhower. Love it!!
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Fuck man, I was just messing around, but now I feel like shit! Nice come back, I respect what that car means to you, and the years of hard work it took to get it. And at the end of the day, if you like it, then fuck everyone else!

Buying the house was smart though. My Dad made me buy my house when I was 23-24ish, and I'm glad he did, because it's a stable investment. My girlfriend is always mentioning how I don't save enough money, but she forgets I have a $130,000 savings account (Still owe $110k), and it's growing every day, and every mortgage payment I make is $1500 more into the savings account.

The 335i is rated at 300hp, which is slightly low, most well-maintained ones will put down 300 at the wheels. But if they haven't been maintained well, that number can fall fast. And although the AWD ones are quick off the line, up top the AWD hurts it of course. A few minor bolt ons and you'd have no problem walking a stock 335i/xi. You may need a few more mods to hang with me though [IMG]file:///C:/Users/NATHAN~1.MON/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]
    No big deal man….I figured you were just messing around, but I do know your BMW is nice and fast. Yeah stuff means way more when you never had much so when you get it, it tends to mean more. I got a friend with a Porshe, but he grew up rich, and doesn’t seem to really appreciate what he has and that is sad because if I had that car I’d baby it (well of course open her up as that is what she is meant for)….to him it’s just another expensive car of a long list of them he has had.

Good job man…..buying a house was the best decision I made. At age 20 it was a hard one because I did want to buy a STI/Evo instead or a new Honda CBR at the time. I had friends think I was crazy for doing this so young, but now it has been all worth it. Like you said, I consider my house a “savings account” in a way too; way houses are in Denver I doubt I’d have a hard time selling it pretty quick and making a ton of equity. Last I checked I owe about $120K and it values at $350K+ now…..took about 19 years, but I think I could always sell and get a nice $200k+check. To me it’s insane to rent here in Denver when you can buy a house cheaper, but I know it works for some people……

Yeah I forgot you have some mods on that BMW; mine is stock other than the STI parts it came with as I am sick of modding cars…..did it for years. Maybe I’ll get a COBB tuner and pay someone who knows what they are doing to remap it so it is closer to the STI HP. So far don’t want to mess with it much though. What all you got on that BMW?

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    Shit!! My 2005 F-250 ate WRX and STIs for breakfast. They didn't have a prayer.

Just fuckin' with you guys. I know it's not a fair comparison. I built the truck to 600 H.P. and 900 Ft/Lbs of torque. I put over $13,000 into that piece of shit and around a week after putting the last $5,000 into it, it broke a rod and cracked the block. Yay!!!!

I had to back the tune way down for towing (melt the cylinder heads), but it sure was fun messing with sports cars.

The new truck is 440 H.P. and 860 Ft/Lbs stock, so now I have that power for towing. It'll pull my 13,000 Lb. toyhauler 70 mph up the West side of Eisenhower. Love it!!
    lol....I almost put a disclaimer when I said that because there are some trucks that are super fast; some turbo diesels, those damn Turbo Porshe SUV's, those Acura SUV's, the SRT Jeeps, Raptors, etc.

EDIT: Was curious what is considered the fastest OEM truck; claim the Toyota Tundra TRD Supercharged! Damir, we found your next truck man! lol

There is a bit of controversy surrounding the world’s fastest pickup. In 2008, Motor Trend reported that the Toyota Tundra TRD Supercharger could scramble from zero to 60 in an insane 4.4 seconds. While some have called that number into question, no one has actually been able to refute it, so this Tundra variant gets to assume the throne as the world’s fastest. To put things in perspective, this is a full-size pickup truck that can keep pace with supercars from Ferrari, Aston Martin, etc. It gets there behind a goosed-up 5.7-liter V8 engine making 504 horsepower and 550 pound-feet of torque. Simply astounding stuff.

Last edited by bulldog; Wed Sep 27th, 2017 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    Hopefully it doesn't do so for very long, otherwise you start seeing flying squirrels and shit!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    What all you got on that BMW?
    Intakes, charge pipes, intercooler, downpipes, e85 tune, low pressure fuel pump, and new coils. Basically what the community refers to as "full bolt on." Pushing 470rwhp/512rwtq.

Next on the list is a limited slip differential. Got it sitting in the garage, just waiting to get it put in. Just crazy BMW sold this car with a 1wd open diff, they were too scared of it competing with the M3.

Hopefully it doesn't do so for very long, otherwise you start seeing flying squirrels and shit!
    Sorry, don't get it, I'm slow on the uptake.

Next on the list is a limited slip differential. Got it sitting in the garage, just waiting to get it put in.
    Waiting to get it put in? Put that fucker in this weekend!!
    Kim & Dean

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

I've believe more accurately, they are "lamps".

P.S. My buddy Mark just moved a Tacoma through his business. If you really are looking for a '16 or newer one, he can probably find one in your price range; if one is available. Let me know and I can message him.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

lol....I almost put a disclaimer when I said that because there are some trucks that are super fast
    There are a few guys at Bandimere with 9 second turbo diesels. Everyday street trucks. Freakin' amazing!! Runnin' over 5,000 psi cylinder pressure. Propane injection, too...

BTW - Are you guys aware that diesels injector pressure is around 30,000 psi? Slightly more than the 80 psi on your average hi-performance car. When the injectors fuck up, they act like a water jet cutting head and will burn right through the pistons.
    Kim & Dean

Bulb is a description of shape. The bulbous bow on a ship, a flower bulb, the bulb on a turkey baster, light bulb. Electricians scream all the time that they are lamps. Well, they are that, too.

I do agree that's it's not "hot water heater", though...
    Kim & Dean

I work at Toyota and tell everyone who asks about buying the new generation Tacoma don't. They are the biggest pile of shit Toyota has put out since the FRS. They have no power, transmission shifts all the time, have noises, the quality control on them are terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by matt2778 View Post
    I work at Toyota and tell everyone who asks about buying the new generation Tacoma don't. They are the biggest pile of shit Toyota has put out since the FRS. They have no power, transmission shifts all the time, have noises, the quality control on them are terrible.
    What do you do there if you don't mind me asking? Yeah the FRS and BRZ are way too much and really not worth it. I always had heard great things about the Tacomas and while no car is without issues but heard the 2017 Tacomas got all the 2016 issues fixed. I did hear of the learning period of the automatic transmission which sucks and why I'm looking at a 6 spd manual. Just curious to know what you guys actually see specifically. I used to work in dealers and have seen some crazy shit haha. Yeah considering leasing the Q50 redsport too, have some connections at Infiniti for some good deals haha
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Car and Driver is certainly not overly impressed with it, that's for sure. Sucks the autotragic's manual mode still gets overridden by the computer, I hate that. Low seats was an issue for me in previous generations, I guess that hasn't been fixed. And they weren't thrilled with the engine either. Wish it was as good as it looks.

http://www.caranddriver.com/toyota/tacoma

There's compromises in all vehicles, plus it's a truck. If you want performance get a bike or a raptor ... I'm still going to test drive one and draw my own conclusions and even as much as it sucks, they're selling like hot cake still.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Just find the best deal on a Taco if it is big enough for you and keep it forever. My buddy purchased his older model 10+ years ago, drove it a ton until he had 300k on it, then the trnny started to act up, so bit the bullet and purchased a new one 2 years ago. They do put so many add ons that one starts to question, $40K+, why not just go up to a full size... Then they get you pushing up the price of the full size to be close to a diesel. You could always just go get a Mitsubishi Triton, they don't have a full size to tempt you.
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    I've believe more accurately, they are "lamps".

I prefer "torch"... Or, is that just a limey term for flash light?! I don't know... so confusing.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    I prefer "torch"... Or, is that just a limey term for flash light?! I don't know... so confusing.
    Reminds me of the new Twix commercials

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    Just find the best deal on a Taco if it is big enough for you and keep it forever. My buddy purchased his older model 10+ years ago, drove it a ton until he had 300k on it, then the trnny started to act up, so bit the bullet and purchased a new one 2 years ago. They do put so many add ons that one starts to question, $40K+, why not just go up to a full size... Then they get you pushing up the price of the full size to be close to a diesel. You could always just go get a Mitsubishi Triton, they don't have a full size to tempt you.
    Yeah, that's what I was noticing is that the limited double cab Tacoma goes for about $41-42k and then a limited crewmax Tundra is only $2k more, makes absolutely no sense lol.... my price range is about $38k max and even that is pushing it. Looking for a off-road package, the sports have too mushy of a suspension from what I've heard but I will test drive both and see what up, may even test ride the Tundra for giggles lol.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

I'm a tech. Every the entire new generation of Tacoma have problems. I seen everyone wrong with them. And if you plan on towing for sure look at something else

I'm a tech. Every the entire new generation of Tacoma have problems. I seen everyone wrong with them. And if you plan on towing for sure look at something else
    That bad huh... Well shit you just shattered my dreams cause that's the only truck I like thanks for the input dude
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

You got a reliable truck brand/model you could recommend to Damir?

You got a reliable truck brand/model you could recommend to Damir?
    Ford, Chevy and Dodge look like dog shit, on how they look and how they ride and they have a lot of reliability issues. Just not a fan, guess there's no good truck options per se anymore and if there is indeed that many problems with it, I'm not dropping that kind of money on a car that will spend most of its life in a shop... bummer. Well guess Infiniti is my next option though it won't be no truck obviously.
    Last edited by madvlad; Thu Sep 28th, 2017 at 01:51 PM.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Ford, Chevy and Dodge look like dog shit, on how they look and how they ride and they have a lot of reliability issues. Just not a fan, guess there's no good truck options per se anymore and if there is indeed that many problems with it, I'm not dropping that kind of money on a car that will spend most of its life in a shop... bummer. Well guess Infiniti is my next option though it won't be no truck obviously.
    Save some cash and get a WRX instead!

You know I had to say it, but honestly I'd recommend Subaru all day long as I've been super happy with them.

Plus Infinity is just a more expensive Nissan.....but you know this. I actually remember you talking about how good Infinities were years ago....I did check, but they are pricey for what I wanted.

P.S. If you do consider it I'd let you take my car for a drive to see what you think (well with me as passenger); I don't do this for anyone, but I know your stick shift skills are on point
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Sep 28th, 2017 at 02:16 PM.

Save some cash and get a WRX instead!

You know I had to say it, but honestly I'd recommend Subaru all day long as I've been super happy with them.

Plus Infinity is just a more expensive Nissan.....but you know this. I actually remember you talking about how good Infinities were years ago....I did check, but they are pricey for what I wanted.

P.S. If you do consider it I'd let you take my car for a drive to see what you think (well with me as passenger); I don't do this for anyone, but I know your stick shift skills are on point
    Nah, Subaru isn't my piece of cake to be honest plus I'm past the sport car phase, just want something comfy for the most part, 2 wheels is where the fun is at anyways lol. I drove my friends 2017 STi and was rather impressed though, fun little box. The new Q50 has AWD as well, it also comes with a 3.0 300hp turbo motor or if you go to the redsport it goes to 400hp and it costs just as much as a fully loaded Tacoma lol. Also the customer service at Infiniti is amazing and their warranties are amazing as well. I worked for them for 5 years and they were solid cars for the most part, again no car car without issue but they were good cars and have been getting better given they're a newer brand. Yes, they are owned by Nissan but they're rather independent from Nissan just sharing very few platforms.
    Last edited by madvlad; Thu Sep 28th, 2017 at 02:26 PM.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1