Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017/2018 Tacoma

Re: 2017/2018 Tacoma

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    If I had the cash I would do an AWD car and do an 90's Toyota pickup with the 22re, little shits are awesome and indestructible lol but only have money for one and I'm not buying the newer car used, I want a brand spanking new car lol
    Well you could get a new Subaru Baja, is a car and has a bed. Plus the car already looks like a mullet going down the road.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Well you could get a new Subaru Baja, is a car and has a bed. Plus the car already looks like a mullet going down the road.
    Yeah, no hard pass
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

When are you thinking of pulling the trigger? Mark has found a few. Also, do you have a hard budget you're trying to stay under and will you want financing or do you want to see financing comparisons?
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    When are you thinking of pulling the trigger? Mark has found a few. Also, do you have a hard budget you're trying to stay under and will you want financing or do you want to see financing comparisons?
    In the next week, the trick part is trying to find the package I want like salsa said lol, it's been hell. They just sold the last 3 6spd in the state and only one I've been able to find with the package I want is in California and for the price I want too. I'm trying to stay anywhere in between 35 to 37 max. If I go any higher than that, might as well get a Tundra at that point but don't want to spend that kind of money. Unfortunately most banks I've looked at and even credit unions aren't offering very good rates for new cars right now. TFS actually has very good rates at this moment from what I've gathered.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Gotcha. Well I'll let Mark know you've got it all covered, but if you want to talk to him lemme know!
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Does he work at a Toyota dealer or something?
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Seriously, call my friend, Damir. Definitely wouldn't hurt to see what she can do for you

Oh and Aaron, you can't seriously compare a Taco to a F-150, they aren't even in the same class other than you can call them both a "truck"
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Other than the Colorado, there are no other small trucks really and the Honda Ridgeline can't even be considered one
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Thats kind of my point, Sully. There are 3 distinct classes just like sportbikes, light duty, medium duty, and heavy duty.

But the price of the light duty Tacoma was within $5,000 of the medium duty F150, the F150 of course offering higher specifications, but also more comfort items too.

I'm disappointed with how much the Tacoma costs, with how little it offers. And at the end of the day, the only reason it costs so much is Toyota capitalizing on its strong reputation for never dying. I'm not saying Damir is making a bad choice, I think it'll be a great truck, and certainly competant enough for most everything we could use it for. Plus it looks great.

I like the tacomas. My kid says it's a lil tundra. We're just Toyota bias. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Does he work at a Toyota dealer or something?
    No, he's an independent broker.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

We'll see what Ford has for Toyota when the new Ranger comes out in 2019.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

I was interested in the Tacoma but when I drove it with the air conditioning on, it just didn't have the power... plus, with the cost of it, I felt that I could get more with a different vehicle. It also felt very cramped inside. I also looked at the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon and their prices were RIDICULOUS, especially since they aren't very reliable. I ended up getting an FJ and it took me about two years to really like it and enjoy everything it could do (compared to a Jeep). Granted, it has ZIP ZERO and absolutely no luxuries whatsoever, but it's very reliable and inexpensive to own (over my BMW's)!
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

The FJ's are sweet rides, and may be inexpensive to own, but they sure as hell aren't to buy. I want to say they were the lowest depreciating car in recent history.

They will hold their value even more now that Toyota decided to scrap it which I think it's very stupid imo. They were selling very well.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

I definitely agree. Bought it new the last year they were made and I've had it about 4 years now and I could sell it now for what I paid for it back then, if not more . I'm on a couple FJ Forums and people do some fun and crazy stuff with theirs.
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Well depriciation is really only a concern if you plan to sell the car in the next few years; don't get it as cars are horrible investments (if you can even call them that; more just a "product" that will lose value). Unless someone is leasing I don't really get why people don't see they lose so much money just so they can get the "newer" model of a car when they sell every few years. So many people don't realize that if they sell the car and still owe, they just add that on to your new loan; therefore higher amount to pay interest on! Most are just happy they got approved for the loan.

Yes some cars will make the money back, but I'd say that is very rare; either some unique car or you got it really cheap.

I guess that is why I tend to keep cars for many years....plus love no car payments......3 more for me and my 2014 with 15K miles will be paid! Since I was 16 (39 now) I've only owned three cars...all paid off and kept payment free for many years! Just put it towards a house...now there is a great investment!

Considering Damir had his car for so long I would not worry about depreciation all that much since it seems you keep your cars a long time. Although my advice would be to save up to buy a house/condo instead and just get a beater for now.....get some roommates if needed!
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Oct 5th, 2017 at 09:37 AM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

I've made money on 1 motorcycle and 3 cars. The cars were bought cheap, I was smart and knew they'd make money. The bike made money because it was a desirable model that was actually going up in value.

But by and large I'd agree with you, cars in general are shit investments. I've lost money on 5 of those, and 2 motorcycles. But I knew I'd lose that money going in.

Some people, like you bulldog, don't want to throw that money away. Personally I don't mind, it's a passion for me. Some people burn money on clothes, watches, vacations, etc. I spend it on cars/motorcycles. And I'm ok with that. I told my girlfriend, I will have a $1000/mo car or bike payment for the rest of my life. I'm only at 700 right now, so I'm under budget!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I've made money on 1 motorcycle and 3 cars. The cars were bought cheap, I was smart and knew they'd make money. The bike made money because it was a desirable model that was actually going up in value.

But by and large I'd agree with you, cars in general are shit investments. I've lost money on 5 of those, and 2 motorcycles. But I knew I'd lose that money going in.

Some people, like you bulldog, don't want to throw that money away. Personally I don't mind, it's a passion for me. Some people burn money on clothes, watches, vacations, etc. I spend it on cars/motorcycles. And I'm ok with that. I told my girlfriend, I will have a $1000/mo car or bike payment for the rest of my life. I'm only at 700 right now, so I'm under budget!
    Yeah I’ve made money (or broke even) on two of my motorcycles. First one was from Fey Meyers and they kind of screwed me; a used Katana. Second bike I said I was going to save till I had full money. Found a guy going through a divorce and took him cash about $1500 under what it was valued at for a F4I. Kind of a jerk move, but I told him “hey, you’re going through a divorce and most people are not going to bring in cash, therefore it would be reported and your wife would get half. With cash, this is your decision to report it (not my problem)” and he went for it. Rode for a few years and put about 15K miles on it…..in end sold it and made like $500. Next bike I bought from Dana (devaclis) and he was a cool guy who gave me a sweet deal on a CBR600RR. Again rode for a few years and a little over $10K miles on it and then sold it and think I broke even….rode for free all those years is how I feel about it.

You ever see that appraisal car show with Jay Leno? He goes through cars he has bought and gets them appraised and it is amazing how much he makes, but he knows what to look for. Think one episode he had a McLaren that went up in value crazy amounts! For sure it can be done!
    Here it is

True, my newest passion has been vacations so I’ve spent a lot of money on them over the last few years I’ll never get back; at least one 7+ day vacation a year. Same with you though it makes me happy and that is what matters. Although you own a house, so at least you did that step first too…good job!

Damn, yeah I’ve never had a car payment over $400 a month. The WRX Limited was about $37K, but I sold my paid car and sportbike and put like $10K down. I do pay $500 a month though. At this point after the car is paid off I’ll be at zero debt (still have house payment, but that makes money in the end). I truly hate financing anything as I am frugal and hate paying interest.

I agree with Bulldog... cars are not investments but can people make money selling them? Sure... My FJ is paid off and I'm not really interested in a car payment, but I would like another luxury vehicle, so we'll see what happens, but there is NO WAY in hell I would have a car payment over $500/600 I would also rather spend my $$ on experiences rather than material things...
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    I agree with Bulldog... cars are not investments but can people make money selling them? Sure... My FJ is paid off and I'm not really interested in a car payment, but I would like another luxury vehicle, so we'll see what happens, but there is NO WAY in hell I would have a car payment over $500/600 I would also rather spend my $$ on experiences rather than material things...
    I wonder if "experiences" comes with age because when I was younger I thought vacations were a waste of money because in the end you get nothing material. When Dave and Ashli got married I was in wedding so I was forced to go to Playa Del Carmen. We both loved it and since then we try each year for some vacation. Just having a vacation to look forward to helps a a lot, then just being able to see new places has made me more happy than the material possessions I used to think were everything. On my deathbed hopefully I will think of all the vacations I took and the experiences I got over the material stuff I've had.

Damir is probably going to get into the $500+ a month car payment....$37K on a standard loan is usually about $700 a month (depending how much is put down)....yeah too much for my cheap ass. I think his Columbian connections are helping him out

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Working like mad to pay off my car... So I can go hunt for another fun car

After selling the Opel, my garage has an open slot... Once I get Keyser's FJ outta there, I'll need another "fun" car.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    I wonder if "experiences" comes with age because when I was younger I thought vacations were a waste of money because in the end you get nothing material. When Dave and Ashli got married I was in wedding so I was forced to go to Playa Del Carmen. We both loved it and since then we try each year for some vacation. Just having a vacation to look forward to helps a a lot, then just being able to see new places has made me more happy than the material possessions I used to think were everything. On my deathbed hopefully I will think of all the vacations I took and the experiences I got over the material stuff I've had.
    I'll tell you, after spending the last few years travelling all over the world for work (and some for fun), I regret not trying to travel more. When I was younger, it was all about stupid purchases with expendable funds. I should have been putting that money into plane tickets instead of paintball and bar tabs! haha...

Next on my list is to go back to Japan, and actually spend time there instead of a long layover. Hopefully in 2018.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Yeah, they're not willing to budge on price which is bullshit given the truck I'm looking at has been on the lot for nearly a year. Well won't buy until I find the proper price. The 2018 models are already on the lot so don't understand why they're overcharging the truck. I want one but not that bad lol. If not fuck it, I'll keep driving my maxima haha
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

My next car is going to have an "M" or an "AMG" badge on it, methinks. That or the prancing horse of Stuttgart.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson