Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 24 of 232

Thread: The anti-gun idiots will be going ape shit over this one!!!

  1. #1
    Gold Member Kim-n-Dean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Aurora
    Posts
    5,492

    The anti-gun idiots will be going ape shit over this one!!!

    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M


    .

  2. #2
    Gold Member madvlad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Greenwood Village, CO
    Posts
    9,447

    Re: The anti-gun idiots will be going ape shit over this one!!!

    People are losing their minds and no, gun control wouldn't have done shit in this instance, that dude would have gotten gun and ammo no matter what... what is this world coming to dude, insane shit
    Last edited by madvlad; Mon Oct 2nd, 2017 at 08:37 AM.
    www.mo-door.com

    2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098
    2002 Nissan Maxima SE 6SPD

  3. #3
    Gold Member Kim-n-Dean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Aurora
    Posts
    5,492

    Re: The anti-gun idiots will be going ape shit over this one!!!

    Have no idea what this guys mental history is, but it's amazing that mental health records aren't part of the gun background check. Fuck doctor patient confidentiality when it come to owning a gun!!
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M


    .

  4. #4
    Senior Member longrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Elizabeth
    Posts
    1,774

    Re: The anti-gun idiots will be going ape shit over this one!!!

    Only hours and it has already started:

    "We need to make people responsible for the guns they own. I'm not saying that we should do away with Second Amendment rights," he said. "What I'm saying is, for instance, we should have a required safety check every year of somebody who purchases a gun. Bring in your weapon."
    LINK

  5. #5
    Senior Member longrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Elizabeth
    Posts
    1,774

    Re: The anti-gun idiots will be going ape shit over this one!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    Have no idea what this guys mental history is, but it's amazing that mental health records aren't part of the gun background check. Fuck doctor patient confidentiality when it come to owning a gun!!
    Mental already is part of the background check, remember the scandal when the Social Security Administration reported anybody who had appointed a Representative Payee to help them with their finances as "incompetent" and they could not get a gun

  6. #6
    Gold Member Kim-n-Dean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Aurora
    Posts
    5,492

    Re: The anti-gun idiots will be going ape shit over this one!!!

    If I were under the care of a psychiatrist and taking meds because I hear voices, that would not be part of the background check and I could get a gun.

    I do remember the S.S. deal, but not sure how it was really applied.

    It's like how every year you hear about the "gun show" loophole needs to be closed. Really? What loophole? I've always had to do a background check at a gun show.

    Never knew what the hell they're talking about there, either...
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M


    .

  7. #7
    Senior Member j0ker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Longmont, CO
    Posts
    1,247

    Re: The anti-gun idiots will be going ape shit over this one!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    If I were under the care of a psychiatrist and taking meds because I hear voices, that would not be part of the background check and I could get a gun.
    Exactly. A good friends mom was just involved with a murder incident where a mental patient came into her medical office and stabbed a doctor to death in Wichita Kansas. The patient did try to buy a gun earlier in the week, but when he couldn't get a gun, took a knife and the result is the same. Dr is now dead.
    Last edited by j0ker; Mon Oct 2nd, 2017 at 11:13 AM.

  8. #8
    Senior Member longrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Elizabeth
    Posts
    1,774

    Re: The anti-gun idiots will be going ape shit over this one!!!

    I fully realize that not all or even most mental conditions are reported I was just pointing out there already is a mental element to the background check. The question becomes who determines what is a disqualifying condition? Obviously the SSA went too far but who decides?

    The big question that has not been answered is did he obtain the guns legally or illegally? If illegally this whole discussion becomes moot (except of course to gun control advocates)

  9. #9
    Senior Member The Black Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    4,304

    Re: The anti-gun idiots will be going ape shit over this one!!!

    See the problem here is the type of weapons he obtained. Everyone all over the news are calling them AR15 assault weapons. As usual, the media donesn't know any other kind of rifle.

    However, not all the shots sounded the same. Honestly, the first gun that was used sounded like an LMG(Light Machine Gun). It had such a report and concussive sound. I've never heard an AR15 or AK47 make that sound. Now I will give the one guy I heard on the news credit that one of the burst of fire did sound similar to an AK47. But the first gun used sounded to me to be something bigger and with a very large capacity.

    So if that's the case, then yes he's obtaining illegal weapons. Even with the class 3 weapons license the cost of an LMG is astronomical, no regular joe can even afford one of those.

    The other side of it, is if he modified his weapons to go full auto. Which again, is illegal.

    The comment from the former NYPD police commissioner is bullsh*t as well. I'm sorry, this is a tragic event and a horrible thing that anyone could commit. But it still doesn't warrant me and every other law abiding gun owner give up our rights and privacy just to start having our weapons checked. I'm not about to give up any of my freedoms, just to appease gun control advocates.

    I believe Benjamin Franklin said it so perfectly, "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    "So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

    "Never tell anyone outside the family what you're thinking."

    "Respect is earned, not given. Some people have done nothing to earn my respect."






  10. #10
    Senior Member The Black Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    4,304

    Re: The anti-gun idiots will be going ape shit over this one!!!

    Just watching Neil Cavuto, and he's getting reports that this guy was a millionaire. So right there shows that he had the money to obtain full automatic weapons. Last time I saw a automatic weapon for sale it was an M16 and the cost was right around $30,000. Regular Joe's won't even get a sniff of weapons like that.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    "So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

    "Never tell anyone outside the family what you're thinking."

    "Respect is earned, not given. Some people have done nothing to earn my respect."






  11. #11
    I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Lone Tree
    Posts
    17,576

    Re: The anti-gun idiots will be going ape shit over this one!!!

    The irony of this thread is not lost on me.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 675 - "Amy Lou"
    (720)935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move its in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

  12. #12
    Senior Member The Black Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    4,304

    Re: The anti-gun idiots will be going ape shit over this one!!!

    Just saw the comment from Hillary Clinton, attacking the NRA, placing blame. Also her rant about how a "Silencer" would have made the situation worse.

    Would someone please educate these dumbass liberals on how "suppressors" actually work. First off, a suppressor will only produce the "silenced" affect if the round is sub-sonic. Secondly, .223 and .308 rounds are supersonic. You can make both of those rounds sub-sonic with a custom hand-load, however it greatly affects the performance of the round.

    Here is a suppressor on a M249 LMG. AS you can see, it does zero to stop sound and in reality is just a waste of time and money.

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    "So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

    "Never tell anyone outside the family what you're thinking."

    "Respect is earned, not given. Some people have done nothing to earn my respect."






  13. #13
    Senior Member The Black Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    4,304

    Re: The anti-gun idiots will be going ape shit over this one!!!

    This is the sound I heard from the first gun. One of the guys I work with has a friend in Vegas and took video. This is the sound I heard from the first gun. Whether or not it turns out to be a LMG will be determined by the investigation. With the way things get covered up, we may never know what was used. But this is what I heard on my co-workers video this morning.

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    "So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

    "Never tell anyone outside the family what you're thinking."

    "Respect is earned, not given. Some people have done nothing to earn my respect."






  14. #14
    Senior Member WolFeYeZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    DU
    Posts
    1,761

    Re: The anti-gun idiots will be going ape shit over this one!!!

    Not the best source, but looks like bump-fire stocks on semi-auto rifles judging by the pictures.

    http://tribunist.com/news/images-lea...utm_source=MOH

    Edit: Looks like the photos are legit, I just ran across a pic of the dead shooter with the same carpet.
    Last edited by WolFeYeZ; Tue Oct 3rd, 2017 at 01:05 PM.
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

    Text: (72O) 432-7236

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    194

    Re: The anti-gun idiots will be going ape shit over this one!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    Exactly. A good friends mom was just involved with a murder incident where a mental patient came into her medical office and stabbed a doctor to death in Wichita Kansas. The patient did try to buy a gun earlier in the week, but when he couldn't get a gun, took a knife and the result is the same. Dr is now dead.
    Sure, but who has the time to stab 500+ people at a concert? That would take hours.

  16. #16
    Senior Member WolFeYeZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    DU
    Posts
    1,761

    Re: The anti-gun idiots will be going ape shit over this one!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by koop View Post
    Sure, but who has the time to stab 500+ people at a concert? That would take hours.
    They could rent a big truck and plow down that many people.
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

    Text: (72O) 432-7236

  17. #17
    Gold Member madvlad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Greenwood Village, CO
    Posts
    9,447

    Re: The anti-gun idiots will be going ape shit over this one!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by WolFeYeZ View Post
    They could rent a big truck and plow down that many people.
    Bad people will do bad things with whatever they can, even if the dude didn't have access to guns, he would have found other ways to fuck society up.
    www.mo-door.com

    2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098
    2002 Nissan Maxima SE 6SPD

  18. #18
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    nv
    Posts
    8,356

    Re: The anti-gun idiots will be going ape shit over this one!!!

    the sound of the rounds was to me as well bk until I found a video of guy shooting an ar with a bump stock in a canyon shooting into water.

    https://youtu.be/pqxoiAjSrAU

    watch skip about three quarters of the way through it.


    as for background checks? a background check only captures what has already happened. time and time again we hear how there was no criminal background. here we have the same thing. another guy with no criminal background. not even any coverage about mental illnesses. how could a background stop this?

    bk I was thinking he used a bump stock from the get go. the sounds of the shots was never consistent. full auto doesn't change in rate of fire. you can hear the rounds slow down.

    now my question to anyone who thinks this could have been prevented is simple. how do you stop a man who's willing to spend more than ten thousand dollars just to kill thousands of people. if not guns it would have been bombs. seriously think about that for a second and take into account how involved this plan was. he had at least ten thousand dollars in just fire arms. he spent a week in this hotel room preparing. even shipped his wife out of the country before he attacked. video surveillance on the hall so he could see law enforcement coming.


    it's a tragic thing but honestly the only way to save us from these things is to stop leaving our houses. the world is not a safe place. we do not live in some Utopia.

    freedom does not come with sacrifices and those sacrifices don't just come on battlefields. let's stop pretending the world is rainbows and sunshine.

  19. #19
    Gold Member bulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    8,582

    Re: The anti-gun idiots will be going ape shit over this one!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    the sound of the rounds was to me as well bk until I found a video of guy shooting an ar with a bump stock in a canyon shooting into water.

    https://youtu.be/pqxoiAjSrAU

    watch skip about three quarters of the way through it.


    as for background checks? a background check only captures what has already happened. time and time again we hear how there was no criminal background. here we have the same thing. another guy with no criminal background. not even any coverage about mental illnesses. how could a background stop this?

    bk I was thinking he used a bump stock from the get go. the sounds of the shots was never consistent. full auto doesn't change in rate of fire. you can hear the rounds slow down.

    now my question to anyone who thinks this could have been prevented is simple. how do you stop a man who's willing to spend more than ten thousand dollars just to kill thousands of people. if not guns it would have been bombs. seriously think about that for a second and take into account how involved this plan was. he had at least ten thousand dollars in just fire arms. he spent a week in this hotel room preparing. even shipped his wife out of the country before he attacked. video surveillance on the hall so he could see law enforcement coming.


    it's a tragic thing but honestly the only way to save us from these things is to stop leaving our houses. the world is not a safe place. we do not live in some Utopia.

    freedom does not come with sacrifices and those sacrifices don't just come on battlefields. let's stop pretending the world is rainbows and sunshine.
    I was more worried since you lived in NV that you may have had people effected. Everything ok?
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

  20. #20
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    nv
    Posts
    8,356

    Re: The anti-gun idiots will be going ape shit over this one!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    I was more worried since you lived in NV that you may have had people effected. Everything ok?
    you

    you know what man I have some really good life long friends in Vegas. myself and my little circle of the world was very very fortunate not to face any loss at that concert. think one of the worst stories I ever heard came from that concert.

    a gal that my old lady works worth had a daughter there. her daughter called in a panic and told her mother there was dead bodies everywhere and she was calling to say she loved her mom in case she didn't make it out alive. then hung up. her mom didn't hear back for a long time and was stuck to watching it unfold on the news.

    finally she heard from her daughter who was alive and well. she took refuge under the stage until the shooting stopped and got out without a scratch.

    a close friend to me had parents and cousins at the concert. all made it out safe and uninjured.

    the shooting sucks. not sure why people have to rake their anger out on strangers like this. not sure we will ever know.

  21. #21
    Gold Member Kim-n-Dean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Aurora
    Posts
    5,492

    Re: The anti-gun idiots will be going ape shit over this one!!!

    Kim has a lot of family in Vegas. Her cousin and her husband were there. They and all their friends got out safely.

    We don't know anyone that was killed, and haven't heard anything about anyone being injured. Hopefully it stays that way!

    I cracks me up that people are bitching that the venue didn't allow weapons. First off, NO VENUE ALLOWS WEAPONS you fucking morons. Second, what would you have done if you did have a gun. Light up the side of that hotel and kill everyone in the surrounding rooms?!?

    I hope you're good with a pistol at 500 yards!
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M


    .

  22. #22
    Senior Member j0ker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Longmont, CO
    Posts
    1,247

    Re: The anti-gun idiots will be going ape shit over this one!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    Kim has a lot of family in Vegas. Her cousin and her husband were there. They and all their friends got out safely.

    We don't know anyone that was killed, and haven't heard anything about anyone being injured. Hopefully it stays that way!

    I cracks me up that people are bitching that the venue didn't allow weapons. First off, NO VENUE ALLOWS WEAPONS you fucking morons. Second, what would you have done if you did have a gun. Light up the side of that hotel and kill everyone in the surrounding rooms?!?

    I hope you're good with a pistol at 500 yards!
    No doubt.

  23. #23
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    nv
    Posts
    8,356

    Re: The anti-gun idiots will be going ape shit over this one!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    Kim has a lot of family in Vegas. Her cousin and her husband were there. They and all their friends got out safely.

    We don't know anyone that was killed, and haven't heard anything about anyone being injured. Hopefully it stays that way!

    I cracks me up that people are bitching that the venue didn't allow weapons. First off, NO VENUE ALLOWS WEAPONS you fucking morons. Second, what would you have done if you did have a gun. Light up the side of that hotel and kill everyone in the surrounding rooms?!?

    I hope you're good with a pistol at 500 yards!
    ive hit a silver dollar at 200.... once. lol! and I do me once. lol.

    yeah anything short of a real good long gun there's nothing you could have don't from the ground. nothing.



    one thing I will say... the cops did an amazing fucking job here.

    yeah the shooter had ten minutes of fire time but holy shit! in ten minutes swat was able to deploy, locate the target and eliminate it. I mean we are talking about some shit hole motel 6. that's a massive hotel.

    nice work Vegas pd. respect.

  24. #24
    Gold Member bulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    8,582

    Re: The anti-gun idiots will be going ape shit over this one!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    one thing I will say... the cops did an amazing fucking job here.

    yeah the shooter had ten minutes of fire time but holy shit! in ten minutes swat was able to deploy, locate the target and eliminate it. I mean we are talking about some shit hole motel 6. that's a massive hotel.

    nice work Vegas pd. respect.
    You gun experts educate me. There were rumors of him using a "flash suppressor". Does this mask the flash that one of those guns would have? If so, how well?

    Considering that, the swat did a very good job IMO. Just wondered how hard it would have been to see those flashes.



    Oh yeah, one other question. My understanding is guns like those would create a lot of smoke. Therefore wouldn't the fire alarm have went on in that room pretty quick and then that info would be sent to front desk who would pass that on to cops? If one room has a smoke alarm going off, I'd expect that one should be checked as a priority. (I know easier said than done, but something I have pondered.)
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Oct 4th, 2017 at 12:29 PM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Similar Threads

  1. Two idiots in one minute
    By Grim2.0 in forum Nothing But Two
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: Thu Jan 31st, 2013, 09:07 PM
  2. Idiots in costumes
    By grim in forum Pics and Videos
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Mon Jul 9th, 2012, 04:21 PM
  3. Idiots are out! Video
    By vort3xr6 in forum Pics and Videos
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Wed May 9th, 2012, 04:26 PM
  4. We must be idiots...
    By Jenny in forum Jokes & Stuff
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Mon Nov 15th, 2004, 02:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •