Thread: The anti-gun idiots will be going ape shit over this one!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The anti-gun idiots will be going ape shit over this one!!!

Kim has a lot of family in Vegas. Her cousin and her husband were there. They and all their friends got out safely.

We don't know anyone that was killed, and haven't heard anything about anyone being injured. Hopefully it stays that way!

I cracks me up that people are bitching that the venue didn't allow weapons. First off, NO VENUE ALLOWS WEAPONS you fucking morons. Second, what would you have done if you did have a gun. Light up the side of that hotel and kill everyone in the surrounding rooms?!?

I hope you're good with a pistol at 500 yards!
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    Kim has a lot of family in Vegas. Her cousin and her husband were there. They and all their friends got out safely.

We don't know anyone that was killed, and haven't heard anything about anyone being injured. Hopefully it stays that way!

I cracks me up that people are bitching that the venue didn't allow weapons. First off, NO VENUE ALLOWS WEAPONS you fucking morons. Second, what would you have done if you did have a gun. Light up the side of that hotel and kill everyone in the surrounding rooms?!?

No doubt.

Gold Member

ive hit a silver dollar at 200.... once. lol! and I do me once. lol.

yeah anything short of a real good long gun there's nothing you could have don't from the ground. nothing.

one thing I will say... the cops did an amazing fucking job here.

yeah the shooter had ten minutes of fire time but holy shit! in ten minutes swat was able to deploy, locate the target and eliminate it. I mean we are talking about some shit hole motel 6. that's a massive hotel.

nice work Vegas pd. respect.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post

yeah the shooter had ten minutes of fire time but holy shit! in ten minutes swat was able to deploy, locate the target and eliminate it. I mean we are talking about some shit hole motel 6. that's a massive hotel.

You gun experts educate me. There were rumors of him using a "flash suppressor". Does this mask the flash that one of those guns would have? If so, how well?

Considering that, the swat did a very good job IMO. Just wondered how hard it would have been to see those flashes.

Oh yeah, one other question. My understanding is guns like those would create a lot of smoke. Therefore wouldn't the fire alarm have went on in that room pretty quick and then that info would be sent to front desk who would pass that on to cops? If one room has a smoke alarm going off, I'd expect that one should be checked as a priority. (I know easier said than done, but something I have pondered.)
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Oct 4th, 2017 at 11:29 AM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

ive hit a silver dollar at 200.... once. lol! and I do me once. lol.

yeah anything short of a real good long gun there's nothing you could have don't from the ground. nothing.
    I always shoot my hand guns on the rifle range. It's pretty amazing how good you can get with practice.

Wasn't it 72 minutes from first shot to breaching the room? The dude killed himself before the breach...
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Gold Member

I always shoot my hand guns on the rifle range. It's pretty amazing how good you can get with practice.

Wasn't it 72 minutes from first shot to breaching the room? The dude killed himself before the breach...

yeah sorry. they neutralize him in ten. they had located and moved in. a security officer was shot and they backed off for swat. but they had located and cornered him in almost ten minutes.

10:08 pm shots rang out.

at 10:14 an officer is on the 31st floor of Mandalay Bay saying the shooter is on the floor above him.

if you go check out the timelines it's pretty crazy how fast they reacted with everything going on. people stealing police cars to get get away from the shooting. two different possible suspects fleeing the area. people running on to the run ways at the airport.

all the officers calling for help from. wounded. I'm honestly amazed they did what they did.

Nate. smoke alarms can be defeated a number of ways. now I don't know how he was shooting but I honestly don't see him shooting from inside the room. I'm guessing the rifle was out of the window thus dumping most of the fumes outside. but that's just a guess.

as for the flash it would have depended on where you were. fro. the concert? I don't think one would have been visible. not with all the lights in that area of Vegas.

I love the comments in the media.... thanks to Hillary... about suppressors. lol. that's so funny.

what people don't get is that sometimes it's better to have a lot of noise not less. in this situation without a suppressor not only were you getting the shots but they also echoed of everything. masking a shooters position. then the cracking of the round. so without a suppressor you basically have three sounds in an urban environment.

but the media will be the media and politicians will do anything for votes.

I was curious myself so did a little digging; claims it was "smoke" that gave away his position.

According to this article (who knows if true at this point though) states "The SWAT team used the alarm triggered by the smoke to zero in on Paddock’s position in about 20 minutes".

So I guess it was triggered, but again not sure why it took 20 minutes as I have been caught in those hotels by the fire alarm for a vapor pen! I always assumed a fire alarms went off, then specific room is alerted to the front desk; pow, room is located.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/10/0...-officer-says/

So I'm still confused.....how long was he shooting in total? I've heard like 10 minutes all the way up to 72 minutes.
    EDIT: This shows 9 minutes. Where did the 72 minutes come from then? http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/04/us/las...ion/index.html
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Oct 4th, 2017 at 01:10 PM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!