Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
actually a lot of people have used an ar15 for home defense. I wouldn't but that's me. I do not feel it's my place to dictate how another person chooses to defend themselves. there was actually a shooting just last year. it would actually be classified as a mass shooting but it wasn't a bad guy with the gun. three men had broken into a home and a 23 year old man used an ar15 to defend himself. also was just couple of years ago that a teen grabbed his father's ar15 and killed a home Invader while the parents were at work and it was just him and his sister.

I have been debating guns non stop and it's starting to blend but I'm pretty sure I already posted about Columbine in here. those shooters didn't achieve getting those firearms legally. neither did that guy in Newtown. he actually killed his mom. how does gun control prevent that? someone willing to their own mother just to get their hands on firearms? that's pretty hell bent on killing.

so you won't let me bring up tyranny? we are already doomed? okay what about a solar flare? how about a nuclear attack? how about an invasion? these things are fantasies? they are all very real. they are also more likely to happen than you being caught in a mass shooting. the numbers are so low on that that you literally have better odds of winning the lottery.

see you can't guarantee me something. you guarantee me that these arms are no longer needed. that is what you have to convince me of first before I even think about surrending arms for any reason. you have to first prove to me world peace. but sadly you can't and you know it. see you want me to sit here and tell me I need to think about our children. I'm sitting here and telling you I'm not only thinking about them but their grandkids as well. I am fighting to ensure that our grandchildren's grandchildren are not left in a situation where they are looking at their past wishing we had the balls to stand up to evil now so they stood a chance then.

see it's easy to get stuck with out fancy toys. be able to jump in a car and be across the country in a few short days. hell jump on a plan and be on the other side of the world tomorrow. but honestly it means nothing. during Rome's prime they had fancy toys too. they thought they would be on top forever. we know through history that wasn't to be.

so yeah I'm sorry but I just can't get on board with anything firearm related. it won't actually solve anything. it's a feel good law. a knee jerk reaction like Colorado doing the high capacity mag law that has been deemed worthless.

what I will support is real common sense. common sense asks why do we let random people walk into a school? bk this post is for you as well.

there is no reason people should be allowed to just walk into a school. none. zip. lock the doors. we don't need armed guards. they aren't a bad idea but we all we have to do is lock them out. keep them out until some cops willing to actually fight the bad guy show up.

speaking of that. have you read about these four sheriff deputies that just sat around while kids were being shot? kind of brings up another reason to not surrender anything under the idea someone else will show up and defend me.
He might have used AR15 to defend but probably a handgun would have sufficed once the intruders heard or saw somebody inside fire a gun. My point is people usually don't carry it as a concealed weapon. I think such weapons should be better be available for local enforcement a few trained, security people.

If the government turned against again that they are willing to kill certain race, ethnicity or all, we would be fucked regardless of our weapons at home.

Now bk's plan is probably better plan than mandating all teaching to carry a gun. It's a plan worth discussion out there. I would not mind also allowing certain teachers who have prior military training or willing to be trained on to carry a gun too. I think the kids should be screened too to make sure they are not bringing in guns. I know it sounds like a prison but that is the world we're living today. Our airports already are like that but we determined it's better that than have airplanes flown into buildings.

Raise taxes on guns, alcohol, marijuana.. On side note, reduce foreign military military spending, better yet stupid war or two. We've got plenty of work here and could use a few well trained individuals protect our schools and borders.