Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: The anti-gun idiots will be going ape shit over this one!!!

Re: The anti-gun idiots will be going ape shit over this one!!!

All of my rifles have flash suppressors. They still light up the night. A lot of people saw the flashes from the hotel room.

Modern gun powder is pretty much smokeless. Indoor shooting ranges are a good example. Just need to vent the fumes...

Just tape a bag over the smoke detector.
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    ive hit a silver dollar at 200.... once. lol! and I do me once. lol.

yeah anything short of a real good long gun there's nothing you could have don't from the ground. nothing.
    I always shoot my hand guns on the rifle range. It's pretty amazing how good you can get with practice.

one thing I will say... the cops did an amazing fucking job here.

yeah the shooter had ten minutes of fire time but holy shit! in ten minutes swat was able to deploy, locate the target and eliminate it. I mean we are talking about some shit hole motel 6. that's a massive hotel.

nice work Vegas pd. respect.
    Wasn't it 72 minutes from first shot to breaching the room? The dude killed himself before the breach...
    Kim & Dean

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    I always shoot my hand guns on the rifle range. It's pretty amazing how good you can get with practice.

Wasn't it 72 minutes from first shot to breaching the room? The dude killed himself before the breach...

yeah sorry. they neutralize him in ten. they had located and moved in. a security officer was shot and they backed off for swat. but they had located and cornered him in almost ten minutes.

10:08 pm shots rang out.

at 10:14 an officer is on the 31st floor of Mandalay Bay saying the shooter is on the floor above him.

if you go check out the timelines it's pretty crazy how fast they reacted with everything going on. people stealing police cars to get get away from the shooting. two different possible suspects fleeing the area. people running on to the run ways at the airport.

all the officers calling for help from. wounded. I'm honestly amazed they did what they did.

Nate. smoke alarms can be defeated a number of ways. now I don't know how he was shooting but I honestly don't see him shooting from inside the room. I'm guessing the rifle was out of the window thus dumping most of the fumes outside. but that's just a guess.

as for the flash it would have depended on where you were. fro. the concert? I don't think one would have been visible. not with all the lights in that area of Vegas.

I love the comments in the media.... thanks to Hillary... about suppressors. lol. that's so funny.

what people don't get is that sometimes it's better to have a lot of noise not less. in this situation without a suppressor not only were you getting the shots but they also echoed of everything. masking a shooters position. then the cracking of the round. so without a suppressor you basically have three sounds in an urban environment.

but the media will be the media and politicians will do anything for votes.

I was curious myself so did a little digging; claims it was "smoke" that gave away his position.

According to this article (who knows if true at this point though) states "The SWAT team used the alarm triggered by the smoke to zero in on Paddock’s position in about 20 minutes".

So I guess it was triggered, but again not sure why it took 20 minutes as I have been caught in those hotels by the fire alarm for a vapor pen! I always assumed a fire alarms went off, then specific room is alerted to the front desk; pow, room is located.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/10/0...-officer-says/

So I'm still confused.....how long was he shooting in total? I've heard like 10 minutes all the way up to 72 minutes.
    EDIT: This shows 9 minutes. Where did the 72 minutes come from then? http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/04/us/las...ion/index.html
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Oct 4th, 2017 at 01:10 PM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

"From the first reports of gunshots at 10:08 p.m. Sunday, it would be 72 chaotic minutes until a SWAT team crept down a carpeted hallway on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay hotel and blew open the hotel room occupied by suspected gunman Stephen Paddock.

By then, the gunfire had long since ceased and Paddock was dead."
    http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-n...egas-response/

Ok, so appears he shot for 9-11 minutes, but took 72 minutes till they got into the room. So for 60 minutes the man just chilled in the room not firing (or dead, but same point)....wtf ??? So really this guy could have went another 60 minutes and only reason firing stopped is because he chose to stop....that is how I am reading it.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    "From the first reports of gunshots at 10:08 p.m. Sunday, it would be 72 chaotic minutes until a SWAT team crept down a carpeted hallway on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay hotel and blew open the hotel room occupied by suspected gunman Stephen Paddock.

By then, the gunfire had long since ceased and Paddock was dead."
    http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-n...egas-response/

Ok, so appears he shot for 9-11 minutes, but took 72 minutes till they got into the room. So for 60 minutes the man just chilled in the room not firing (or dead, but same point)....wtf ??? So really this guy could have went another 60 minutes and only reason firing stopped is because he chose to stop....that is how I am reading it.

a security guard was shot in the leg when police first located the suspect at that ten minute mark. probably took his life then. because the shooting stopped police didn't push it. I'm guessing if he had continued to shoot into the crowd or down the hall things would have been. much different.

a security guard was shot in the leg when police first located the suspect at that ten minute mark. probably took his life then. because the shooting stopped police didn't push it. I'm guessing if he had continued to shoot into the crowd or down the hall things would have been. much different.
    I suppose, but for all they knew he was re-loading all those weapons for a second go....or even arming a bomb. I know easier said than done, but it does make the 10 minute figure a bit misleading as many people think they were in that room in 10 minutes when that was not the case.

Gold Member

I suppose, but for all they knew he was re-loading all those weapons for a second go....or even arming a bomb. I know easier said than done, but it does make the 10 minute figure a bit misleading as many people think they were in that room in 10 minutes when that was not the case.

still pretty quick for what was going on.

Want to hear something strange. It has been suggested there may have been a second shooter. Listen to this video from a cab driver. You can hear what sound to be echos but then you hear gun fire in the distance and then gun fire right on top of the cab driver.

Not saying it's true, there's just a lot of stuff not adding up about all of this. Not only myself have thought they heard LMG fire, I've seen several videos with people commenting about hearing also sniper fire, and what sound to be LMG's.

The dual gun sound starts at the very beginning and give it a listen. Does make you think there may have been another shooter. I've been reading of people commenting on a 4th floor shooter.

I agree with Townie, the bump fire add-ons do simulate full auto. Reason why I mentioned an LMG, is the guy I work with, his friend had actual video from the night and he posted it on Facebook. So he was letting us all see it early in the morning(we all worked a night shift, so this happened while we were at work) and from the raw footage I saw, it did sound like the first initial gun fire was from an LMG.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Go to the 4:55 mark of the video and as the cab driver is leaving, she looks up towards Mandalay Bay and you can see flashes coming from where the 4th floor would be.

Also view the video on YouTube's website, it will allow you to enlarge the video.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Here is as close to a video of the initial shooting as I saw from my co-worker. This shows the initial attack and the steady fire rate sound. No deviation in fire rate and LMG's are known for producing very steady rate of fire. Any automatic is really for that matter, just assault rifles tend to be more sporadic from everything I've seen on a regular assault rifle going full auto.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

And what the hell is this all about??

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post

damn that is some weird shit. Could be a coincidence but who knows. I'd think security would remember this and it will get looked into. She did seem geniune though.

damn that is some weird shit. Could be a coincidence but who knows. I'd think security would remember this and it will get looked into. She did seem geniune though.
    Yeah man, that's what is getting me about this whole thing. This whole situation just stinks and nothing is adding up.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Yeah man, that's what is getting me about this whole thing. This whole situation just stinks and nothing is adding up.
    You know what makes me most upset, well other than the deaths/injuries of course, is the fact this coward didn't even leave a reason why he did this. Did he just hate country music, sick of Vegas, political, religious...maybe he just hated people. Not knowing just leaves me with this empty feeling always wondering "why".

Completely agree with you, it's very upsetting. Feels very Manchurian Candidate.

Now, the media (for what it's worth) is reporting this guy had books hotels overlooking other venues like lolapalooza in Chicago as well as Fenway Park...
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

I have to wonder if this is fake news. First notice it was posted by DNN - Deplorable News Network and I have searched the news3lv website and cant find this story. It is also very unusual for a producer to talk to a on air reporter for that length of time. All that had to be said was "ask here to describe the woman" - takes 2 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by longrider View Post
    I have to wonder if this is fake news. First notice it was posted by DNN - Deplorable News Network and I have searched the news3lv website and cant find this story. It is also very unusual for a producer to talk to a on air reporter for that length of time. All that had to be said was "ask here to describe the woman" - takes 2 seconds
    That is exactly what I thought. Knew it was bull shit the second I saw the video.

I have a friend who gets ALL his information on the internet, and never from a reliable source. This dude believes that perpetual motion machines exist. Our government just hides them from us...
    Kim & Dean

That is exactly what I thought. Knew it was bull shit the second I saw the video.

I have a friend who gets ALL his information on the internet, and never from a reliable source. This dude believes that perpetual motion machines exist. Our government just hides them from us...
    You have to give your friend some credit. It's been shown the MSM are full of shit and make fake news. The only reliable way to get some news is from wye witness people taking video. I'm a firm disbeliever in the MSM news. I don't believe a thing most journalist have to say, because they all have an agenda they are pushing and for the most part it's a Leftist agenda.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Gold Member

yeah the conspiracy thing isn't taking a hold on me. I have seen a lot of it flying around the internet. the conspiracy nonsense makes less sense than the shooting itself.

Soros trying to get control? okay.... the Democrats couldn't pull it off when it was a bunch of school kids. rednecks are all of a sudden going to change their stance because a concert was shot up? ummmm.... no.

unless the game plan is to keep increasing the body counts every few years just to ban one piece at time.... with that plan they will literally have to kill off an entire major metropolitan city to nail that coffin shut.

but what do I know. I'm just a dumb desert rat that loves pretending I live in the south. I traded swamps for sand dunes. lol.

as for the witness to a second shooter. yeah you will hear what sounds like several rounds in a city. the sounds will echo all over the place. the rounds that missed are also making sounds as they hit. don't forget the crack from the rounds breaking the sound barrier.

you basically have three cracks from each round fired echoing all over the place.

You have to give your friend some credit. ...
    No I don't. He's one of those people that think Sandy Hook was trauma actors.
    Kim & Dean

Go to the 4:55 mark of the video and as the cab driver is leaving, she looks up towards Mandalay Bay and you can see flashes coming from where the 4th floor would be.

Also view the video on YouTube's website, it will allow you to enlarge the video.
    Unless they managed to fix the 4th floor window overnight, where's the busted out window? There are certainly some questions surrounding the whole thing, but there are also a lot of conspiracy theories that don't pass even simple questioning.
    Blair
    2000 GSX750F, 2003 YZ450F, 2004 GSXR750, 2006 ZX-14
    2013 CBR500R, 2016 YZF-R6 - MRA #760

No I don't. He's one of those people that think Sandy Hook was trauma actors.
    Then you're a terrible friend. Just because he has a differing belief, point of view or belief doesn't make him crazy. I myself, don't believe that Sandy Hook was a hoax, however I do wonder about the supposed van of guys that were seen fleeing the scene only to leave the kid behind as the patsy. It's those sort of things that I look at and grab on to, I want to see where they go. People catch things out of the corner of their eyes and then process it. When they have time, things start to no add up.

Same thing with the Aurora shooter. He goes in, tries to wreak as much havoc as he can and then goes outside and sits down to wait for the cops?? That doesn't add up, that's not what a typical shooter would do.

Look at the Las Angeles bank shooters from the early 90's. Those guys had body armor on, full auto. They weren't going down without a fight. Now all of a sudden, today's modern active shooters just stop and wait for police??? Granted some of them commit suicide, or at least that's what we're led to believe the did.

When it comes to the mainstream media and the government, I don't for a minute believe a word they say. I heard it once said, "trust no one, even your teeth bite your tongue from time to time."

Here's another video comparing fire rates of the weapons. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks LMG's were used...

And for the record, I don't believe in every conspiracy that comes along. But you've got to admit, there sure are a lot of things that just don't add up anymore when it comes to most of these shootings. These shootings are to the point of not adding up so bad, that it makes you think this kind of stuff is being orchestrated. And if you step back and look at what this tragic event has ignited, the good old Gun Control debate. Now, more than ever those that want to ban, take away and completely wipe away the Second Amendment have the fodder they've been looking for.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Quote Originally Posted by blaircsf View Post
    Unless they managed to fix the 4th floor window overnight, where's the busted out window? There are certainly some questions surrounding the whole thing, but there are also a lot of conspiracy theories that don't pass even simple questioning.
    I agree with you man. I'm not saying there was a second shooter on the 4th or 6th floors. I'm just posting what people were hearing and seeing. There is evidence that there may have been multiple shooters, from where?? That's the question.

I've read a couple reports and saw one video of a guy saying he was hearing sniper fire as well during the incident. So we don't know what exactly he had in the room or who he had helping him in the room.

All we can go by is what the news puts out from the law enforcement briefings and the eye witness accounts from people there. There's just more and more people coming forth that are saying they think there were at least two shooters.

Again, if there was a shooter on the 4th or 6th floors and this was a cover up. Then yes, they could have had a brand new piece of glass ready and waiting to be put in on that floor. I'm not saying that's what happened, but if it is a conspiracy if a person can think it up, then those committing it can make it happen.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"