Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: The anti-gun idiots will be going ape shit over this one!!!

Re: The anti-gun idiots will be going ape shit over this one!!!

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    my momma said I'm pretty cool no matter what the internet says. lol

I do change my position when people can actually provide valid information. notice bk and I don't agree on some things and others we do. it's just a difference in opinions.
    Cool, can we move on now, because we will never agree a handgun is equal to an AR-15 when it comes to how many people they can kill in the same timeframe.....
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Gold Member

Still at it huh

You should embbed videos as looks much nicer!
    For less than $200 it can get a slide stock and be like this......then add in a 90 magazine drum!
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Nov 8th, 2017 at 03:35 PM.

A handgun in a small church(small quarters) is just as potent, a rifle is used for distance. That's why the military has both. BTW, the media has labeled the AR as an assault rifle. Any hunting rifle can be an assault rifle!

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Ok, on a happier note. Wicky let me know if you want to sell or trade for that Gran Turismo when done. I got so many PS4 (and PS3) games to trade, so always down!
    I've been working crazy hours and weekends for this damn DHA project we're doing. So once I get some spare time, I'll get the free 14 day PS online trial to see if it's worth keeping it around and spending the extra money for online. If not, I might pick up Project Cars 2 instead.

my momma said I'm pretty cool no matter what the internet says. lol
    My mom says I have a face for radio. I'm not sure what that means....
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by Kristian View Post
    A handgun in a small church(small quarters) is just as potent, a rifle is used for distance. That's why the military has both. BTW, the media has labeled the AR as an assault rifle. Any hunting rifle can be an assault rifle!
    Even with a $200 slide stock shown in post above (#219)? Is it even possible to do this to a handgun for under $200. I've heard of a few auto (or mimic), but thought on a handgun it would be tough to hold. I once shot a Mac22 and that was even hard to hold much less be accurate. I'm seriously asking because a bunch of my gun friends do this to rifles, but not handguns that I have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    I've been working crazy hours and weekends for this damn DHA project we're doing. So once I get some spare time, I'll get the free 14 day PS online trial to see if it's worth keeping it around and spending the extra money for online. If not, I might pick up Project Cars 2 instead.

My mom says I have a face for radio. I'm not sure what that means....
    sounds good man. Let me know. You're always welcome to borrow a game or two either way...I trust you to return them
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Nov 8th, 2017 at 03:47 PM.

Gold Member

Nate you are confusing rounds down range vs rounds on target. just because you can get more rounds down range does not mean you are going to be able to kill more people.

like in the video you posted. sure he gets a lot of rounds down range real fast but how many actually hit anything?

see I didn't agree with you because life isn't black and white. in an open mall I would fear a rifle shooter much more than a pistol shooter. range... accuracy... all that fun stuff. in a kill box like a church? we should be thankful he didn't use a saiga with a 20 round drum shooting slugs. different situations calls for different firearms. that's why house clearing is typically done with a pistol or tactical shotgun.

while yes a rifle can be extremely deadly so can any firearm used the way it was designed. a 9mm pistol on an extremely crowded subway? that could do a lot of damage where a rifle the guy probably wouldn't even get a shot off because he wouldn't be able to raise it. maybe. hopefully no nut tests this theory.

as for the slide fire stock... honestly man there is a million different ways to make a semi auto firearm fire like a full auto.

because I know how much you love fat people I found this video just for you. lol

https://youtu.be/BOnOlLM9EYQ

life just isn't black and white and scenario is the same.

Gold Member

here's another.

https://youtu.be/8Zo5ju4EVLc

so to answer your question yes it's possible and it's even cheaper. you don't actually need a special tool to do it.

Nate you are confusing rounds down range vs rounds on target. just because you can get more rounds down range does not mean you are going to be able to kill more people.
    This ^^^, that church was literally like shooting fish in a barrel. It wouldn't have mattered much if it was pistol or rifle because everything was going to hit in that densely packed room.

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    This ^^^, that church was literally like shooting fish in a barrel. It wouldn't have mattered much if it was pistol or rifle because everything was going to hit in that densely packed room.
    ok so educate me. Doesn't a rifle shot have a higher velocity. So couldn't it hit one persons and go through them to hit another? I'm talking like a 9mm vs a ar15.

really not trying to start drama. I just see how fast these guns shoot on these videos and it's nowhere near what my 9mm can fire. My 9mm holds like 12 bullets but my friends ar-15 holds like 25 plus. So to me I'd think 25 will always be greater than 12; therefore a higher kill

Gold Member

ok so educate me. Doesn't a rifle shot have a higher velocity. So couldn't it hit one persons and go through them to hit another? I'm talking like a 9mm vs a ar15.

really not trying to start drama. I just see how fast these guns shoot on these videos and it's nowhere near what my 9mm can fire. My 9mm holds like 12 bullets but my friends ar-15 holds like 25 plus. So to me I'd think 25 will always be greater than 12; therefore a higher kill
    now you're getting into penetrating. or over penetrating actually. pistols can do this as well.

What motorcycle oil do you guys like for semi-auto firearm lube? Valvoline conventional 4 stroke 10/40 seems to do okay. But, wondering if synthetic might do better?
    "On a cycle the frame is gone. You're completely in contact with it all. You're in the scene, not just watching it anymore, and the sense of presence is overwhelming.” Pirsig

Wow, all this because I compared a handgun to a Ruger556 (AR-15) which I thought was pretty obvious it was a superior gun.

Ok, to sum it up.....I don't think these type of guns will ever be banned....they are here to stay. Yet, you guys clearly love and cherish these weapons and that is fine, but realize this "love" has also lead to them being very easy to obtain by protecting this 2nd amendment. So if one of your loved ones dies in one of these mass shootings (I pray that never happens), understand that the "love" for these guns and second amendment has basically allowed these guns to be out in the hands of crazy people (you may feel different if it hits home). Basically we reap what we sow and that is all I am saying.....

And I do get your guys position too....be equally armed as not much else we can do......in America this is our choice

Damn, I really just want to hear if Wicky is playing the new Gran Turismo and how it is....thinking of getting it, but $60 right now is rough considering it's probably similar to the last one (yet loved that game). Wicky, tell me!!!!!
    See I wasn't saying you are for the banning of AR15's or pistols. What I was asking and I think you missed the question, is if you're for changing the 2nd Amendment, then are you o.k. with everything else within the Constitution being changed??

That was the premise of my question. It wasn't about specific weapons but that you seem o.k. with tampering with the Constitution. So, I think you kind of missed the point or purposely dodged the question. I'll ask again(usually I won't ask twice, because a person's first response or lack thereof is their most true and revealing) but are you willing to stand by your convictions and say that it is fine for the Constitution to be changed as some see fit??

Because once you allow an Amendment to be changed, that sets precedent for all of the others within the Bill of Rights to be changed as well. It's the proverbial, "not being able to put that genie back in the bottle" scenario. Because one you start allowing for the tampering, changing or limiting of freedoms within our Bill of Rights, is the moment you start down the path of oppression and tyranny. If you restrict or even altogether do away with the 2nd Amendment, what then is there left to stop "them(the powers that be)" from coming for the rest of your liberties??

There's a reason the 2nd Amendment is placed right after the 1st Amendment. That is because 1st we must use our voices and show reason and have civil discourse in times of trouble. When all else fails, when our voice of opposition is being silenced, then it is our duty as citizens to protect our liberties with the 2nd Amendment. The Framer's put those two Amendments right next to each other to remind us of what they just went through. When the voice of the people wasn't listened too, then the sound of the gun must be hearkened too.

You say, "we reap what we sow" and that goes for you as well. By allowing rights to be trampled upon, you will reap the whirlwinds of strife of oppression and tyranny.

So what will suffice you? Living with freedoms and liberties as we always have. Dealing with mass shootings that are a cause of mentally ill/unstable individuals and look for ways to improve in the mental health aspect.

or

Live under the oppressive thumb of a dominating government that has taken away all of your rights, your voice, your life and your pursuit of happiness. To then in turn be considered nothing more than cattle, fatted up for when the slaughter will inevitably take place.

"we keep you alive to serve this ship, row well and live..." <------ is that the life you're fine living with??

Depends on the ballistics and the bullet. Are we talking FMJ's vs. Accubond, Ballistic, Partition tip??

FMJ(full metal jacket) rounds are designed to rip through a target. Most FMJ's are steel core wrapped in a copper jacket.

Accubond, Ballistic, Partition tip rounds are designed to mushroom upon impact. The point of these rounds is to expand to a large as possible size, inflict maximum damage upon entry and not exit the target.

Yes, the rifle round will have a higher velocity but it will also have a much smaller grain bullet. The average .223/5.56 round is between 52 and 60gr in size, traveling close to 3000fps with a muzzle energy of 1400lbs. 9mm by contrast is a much larger caliber(9mm = .354inchs), travels around 1100fps(depending on either common ammo or +P ammo) and has a muzzle energy of around 350lbs. 9mm rounds can vary in size from 115gr to 147gr in size. That is a considerable size difference between the two. Also, most performance 9mm ammo(self-defense) is hollow point ammo. It's made with an expandable jacket, meaning it is designed to deal the most damage upon impact.

So while yes you are right in that a rifle is deadly and can deal lots of damage. It all depends on the round used. You can load 80gr solid lead bullets in a .223 and they won't over penetrate the way a 62gr FMJ will. Same as 9mm FMJ's have the ability to penetrate walls better than a more powerful self-defense round would, due to expansion because of bullet design.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

I would much rather put a thumb sized hole in someone with my .45 than a .22 sized hole in someone with my .223.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Okrapp View Post
    What motorcycle oil do you guys like for semi-auto firearm lube? Valvoline conventional 4 stroke 10/40 seems to do okay. But, wondering if synthetic might do better?
    I actually choose atf over motor oil.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    See I wasn't saying you are for the banning of AR15's or pistols. What I was asking and I think you missed the question, is if you're for changing the 2nd Amendment, then are you o.k. with everything else within the Constitution being changed??

That was the premise of my question. It wasn't about specific weapons but that you seem o.k. with tampering with the Constitution. So, I think you kind of missed the point or purposely dodged the question. I'll ask again(usually I won't ask twice, because a person's first response or lack thereof is their most true and revealing) but are you willing to stand by your convictions and say that it is fine for the Constitution to be changed as some see fit??

Because once you allow an Amendment to be changed, that sets precedent for all of the others within the Bill of Rights to be changed as well. It's the proverbial, "not being able to put that genie back in the bottle" scenario. Because one you start allowing for the tampering, changing or limiting of freedoms within our Bill of Rights, is the moment you start down the path of oppression and tyranny. If you restrict or even altogether do away with the 2nd Amendment, what then is there left to stop "them(the powers that be)" from coming for the rest of your liberties??

There's a reason the 2nd Amendment is placed right after the 1st Amendment. That is because 1st we must use our voices and show reason and have civil discourse in times of trouble. When all else fails, when our voice of opposition is being silenced, then it is our duty as citizens to protect our liberties with the 2nd Amendment. The Framer's put those two Amendments right next to each other to remind us of what they just went through. When the voice of the people wasn't listened too, then the sound of the gun must be hearkened too.

You say, "we reap what we sow" and that goes for you as well. By allowing rights to be trampled upon, you will reap the whirlwinds of strife of oppression and tyranny.

So what will suffice you? Living with freedoms and liberties as we always have. Dealing with mass shootings that are a cause of mentally ill/unstable individuals and look for ways to improve in the mental health aspect.

or

Live under the oppressive thumb of a dominating government that has taken away all of your rights, your voice, your life and your pursuit of happiness. To then in turn be considered nothing more than cattle, fatted up for when the slaughter will inevitably take place.

"we keep you alive to serve this ship, row well and live..." <------ is that the life you're fine living with??

Depends on the ballistics and the bullet. Are we talking FMJ's vs. Accubond, Ballistic, Partition tip??

FMJ(full metal jacket) rounds are designed to rip through a target. Most FMJ's are steel core wrapped in a copper jacket.

Accubond, Ballistic, Partition tip rounds are designed to mushroom upon impact. The point of these rounds is to expand to a large as possible size, inflict maximum damage upon entry and not exit the target.

Yes, the rifle round will have a higher velocity but it will also have a much smaller grain bullet. The average .223/5.56 round is between 52 and 60gr in size, traveling close to 3000fps with a muzzle energy of 1400lbs. 9mm by contrast is a much larger caliber(9mm = .354inchs), travels around 1100fps(depending on either common ammo or +P ammo) and has a muzzle energy of around 350lbs. 9mm rounds can vary in size from 115gr to 147gr in size. That is a considerable size difference between the two. Also, most performance 9mm ammo(self-defense) is hollow point ammo. It's made with an expandable jacket, meaning it is designed to deal the most damage upon impact.

So while yes you are right in that a rifle is deadly and can deal lots of damage. It all depends on the round used. You can load 80gr solid lead bullets in a .223 and they won't over penetrate the way a 62gr FMJ will. Same as 9mm FMJ's have the ability to penetrate walls better than a more powerful self-defense round would, due to expansion because of bullet design.
    I don't know man, I was under the impression the constitution had been changed a few times in the past

In the past 200 years, the Constitution has been amended 27 times
    https://www.scholastic.com/teachers/...ved-over-time/

Really busy today at work, so doubt I will be joining in much on this topic.......plus kind of over it. Honestly just answered since you asked twice and didn't wan to seem like a dick by ignoring you since I did read what you posted and appreciate the education/insight/opinion.
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Nov 9th, 2017 at 08:02 AM.

Well, what I can I say. I hate being right... Toe in the door, genie out of the bottle, tip of the iceberg, etc. Take your pick on phrases but knew it was coming.

Denver bans bump stocks
    https://www.denverpost.com/2018/02/2...e-gun-control/

Boulder considering Assault Weapons Ban
    http://www.dailycamera.com/news/boul...ault-rifle-ban

Mike Merrifield(D) proposing state level legislature for Bump Stock Ban
    http://www.koaa.com/story/37547902/s...un-legislation

Trump agrees with Bump Stock Ban and raising age to buy a rifle to 21 years of age.
    http://www.koaa.com/story/37547902/s...un-legislation

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...rol-talks.html

So there it is, the beginning of the end, and of our civil liberties being flushed down the toilet at the drop of a hat.

Everyone thought I was way out there after the Las Vegas shooting, and here we are now. Even Republicans are starting to cave to the pressure and starting to kick around the idea of Gun Control. Now we see the Left exploiting the tragedy and using it as a platform for Gun Control. Now they finally have found a way to press the issue by getting these mind controlled puppet children to start organizing marches and staging "lie-ins" and meeting with the President to cry and demand gun control.

If you people don't see this as a war on our Liberty, than you're all blind. This isn't about saving lives, it's now about controlling people, controlling the masses.

We're now standing at the precipice, and our Rights as citizens are under threat. As soon as one Amendment falls, the rest will fall with it. The moment we lose the Right to defend our lives, liberty and pursuit of happiness. The Right to protect the rest of our civil liberties, will be the moment we lose all freedoms. We will then be at the mercy of the powers that be. And if you people don't think that the slow erosion of our inalienable rights isn't where we are headed, then you have your head up your ass.

And here's an old video of a still prominent Anti-Gun Senator(in her words, not mine):

And now I leave you with some true inspiration in these matters...

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
    - Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun."
    - Patrick Henry, Speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 5, 1778

"To disarm the people...s the most effectual way to enslave them."
    - George Mason, referencing advice given to the British Parliament by Pennsylvania governor Sir William Keith, The Debates in the Several State Conventions on the Adooption of the Federal Constitution, June 14, 1788

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined..."
    - George Washington, First Annual Address, to both House of Congress, January 8, 1790

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787

"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Thu Feb 22nd, 2018 at 05:56 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

And here's my response to those who want my Arms......

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Gold Member

the bump stocks were going away the moment that asshole opened fire. was just a matter of time. as for the bans on ars and stuff? happy I'm not in Colorado. what rifles are on that last? every semi auto rifle? when will hand guns be deemed assault?

truth is we lost this fight years ago the moment we allowed political parties to control the schools and the media.

Most people would agree that restricting our liberties for greater good is a reasonable thing to do. Otherwise, why can't one buy some grenades in Target? Or ride wheelies down on Colfax?

the bump stocks were going away the moment that asshole opened fire. was just a matter of time. as for the bans on ars and stuff? happy I'm not in Colorado. what rifles are on that last? every semi auto rifle? when will hand guns be deemed assault?

truth is we lost this fight years ago the moment we allowed political parties to control the schools and the media.
    The woman from Boulder said in an interview last night(one of the local news stations was running the story) that she'd like to see handguns placed on the lists eventually. So I'm sure they aren't far behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiutis View Post
    Most people would agree that restricting our liberties for greater good is a reasonable thing to do. Otherwise, why can't one buy some grenades in Target? Or ride wheelies down on Colfax?
    And that's the kind of mentality that is losing us our Rights. Reason we can't buy grenades, well those are classified as explosive ordinance. Honestly, you need to be trained well in order to deal with explosives(grenades, semtex, claymores, C4). So yeah, that's a whole different ball of wax. Riding a wheelie down Colfax?? Well, once on a back wheel you can't really control where the bike is going(otherwise, more people would just ride around on one wheel all the time). Lastly, transportation is not a right but a privilege and can thus be restricted with speed limits, safe operation of a vehicle, etc.

I'll post it one more time...

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

I have plenty of those scary black rifles. With that said, you got any quotes from modern times?

BTW - Where the hell is my buggy whip?
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    I have plenty of those scary black rifles. With that said, you got any quotes from modern times?

BTW - Where the hell is my buggy whip?
    This should handle your old and antiquated issue

Last edited by The Black Knight; Sat Feb 24th, 2018 at 09:28 AM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

A small part of me (very small) hopes they ban ARs and the like so that when a school shooting happens again with the same weapon that was banned, they'll finally realize it's not the weapon.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli