Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Thread: The anti-gun idiots will be going ape shit over this one!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The anti-gun idiots will be going ape shit over this one!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Gold Member

well I don't know why the bold is stuck on now. but I can't turn it off.

point is I don't see you trying to ban McDonald's. I don't see you trying to stop abortion. I don't see you trying to make new laws against soda. all of those things kill many more Americans every year than all of guns combined including police shootings and self defense.

this is a very small problem that is being blown out of proportion by politicians who are using these kids as propaganda. if it was about saving kids we would have locked the schools up a long time ago. after 911 we didn't ban knives or box cutters. we secured the airports. after the first trade towers attacks and bombings like Oklahoma City we didn't ban box trucks. we secured things better. yet when it comes to kids we are trying to ban something that we will never be able to ban? come on. let's be real about this. it's not about saving lives. it's about a political agenda. one that should terrify you.

Do you/we really trust everyone with a permit in schools? Heck, I’m not the best with a pistol but am better than a lot. I’m not sure I wouldn’t cause collateral damage. Would the purposed armed staff do better/worse?

Quote Originally Posted by Kristian View Post
    Do you/we really trust everyone with a permit in schools? Heck, I’m not the best with a pistol but am better than a lot. I’m not sure I wouldn’t cause collateral damage. Would the purposed armed staff do better/worse?
    It's not like the average cop can hit shit, either! Ever go target shooting with police officers? They can't hit the side of a battleship! Kim does better...

Even the show "Cops" shows they can't hit shit. Practice, practice, practice, practice, practice is what it takes! Most people don't have the commitment.

Be armed, buy know what the hell you are doing!

Shit, Kris... I've been shooting with you. I would trust you to hit the bad guy and not hit me....Well, maybe not after lunch....
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Quote Originally Posted by Kristian View Post
    It is hard to say how anyone would react under duress of the situation. However, that's why you practice. Muscle memory takes over and you do what you've trained to do.

I can honestly say that across all of my guns, I shoot a little over 1000 rounds a month. Not much more than that, as I've got to a point where I just maintain my skills with a pistol and rifle. It is somewhat of a perishable skill, so people should shoot more than they do. Usually my pistols I at least shoot twice a month, my rifles are monthly.

So 1000 rounds a month = 12000 rounds per year and I've been shooting for close to 14 years solid. No I'll admit when I first got into shooting and learning skills, I was shooting close to 50000 rounds in a year. Back then ammo was cheap and I burned through it. Then right around when Obama was elected, we had the ammo scare and supplies went down, while prices shot up. Ammo prices are still high in my opinion but not as high as they used to be. Which is why I got into reloading. I reload my 9mm for some ridiculous .3 cents a round, .45auto for about .10 cents. My 300 ultra mag for about .75 cents a round and my .338 Lapua right under 2.00 a round. I don't reload my .223/5.56 or 7.62 as I mainly just shoot military surplus ammo in that, and it's all steel cased(non-reloadable, it is but very hard) for the most part.

Contrast those prices with factory(9mm around .10 cents, .45 about .25 cents, .300 ultra mag $2.50(for top level ammo) and .338 Lapua(some of the best stuff is close to $10.00 a round), and I'm saving a ton just reloading. My biggest expenditure is my time. I can bang out 50 to 100 rifles rounds in one night(that's start to finish) but pistol will take me a good week to do around 500 rounds(start to finish).

Point is, I carry and know that I must practice, practice, practice if that dreaded day should ever come where I have to draw and protect myself or others. I feel very confident in my skills to hit what I'm aiming at.

That being said, I'm certainly not going to go and engage an active shooter. For one I know the sound of a carbine/rifle, and know that with my pistol I'm already out-matched. Second, you never underestimate the enemy. The active shooter, could have body armor and/or multiple weapons, again advantage goes to the active shooter. Third, I'm not going to engage a shooter while other people are running around getting in my way, or potentially bumping into me and distracting my aim. Fourth, going back to one and two, if I get shot and go down, I've effectively taken myself out of the equation for helping anyone. A CCW must always protect themselves first, you are #1 in this scenario. And finally, fifth... I'm going to leave if I can and get to safety. If I'm in a spot where I can't extract myself/family/friends, then I'm going to back myself and others in a nice dark corner and wait for the gunman. I'm going to remain quiet and do as little as possible to call attention of the active shooter to myself. If that means barricading a room door, hiding in a dark movie theater or mall restroom.

Now, having said all that. If people(the public) were cool with CCW's walking around with our own AR15's w/extra mags, then hell yes I'll be more than happy to engage any active shooter. If people were o.k. with me walking with my rifle around my neck, extra mags and my tac vest(w/sidearm), then yes consider the active shooter finished. He's really going to be up a creek if I have any of my AR's with a scope on it.

But the public isn't o.k. with that. That's my normal gear when I do my training, but people would freak seeing me walk around like that. They'd freak seeing other "Law Abiding" gun owners walking around like that. So alas, we have to CCW, and then be at a disadvantage because all we have are sidearms.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Senior Member Moderator

Food for thought.

And now it begins...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...hem/488987002/

The ordinance goes into effect June 13 and makes it unlawful to possess, sell, transport or store assault rifles. The weapons are defined as semi-automatic rifles able to accept a large magazine. The ordinance also bans certain models, including the AR-15, the AK-47 and Uzis.

Deerfield residents with assault weapons may sell them, hand them over to police or move them out of the village within 60 days of the ordinance going into effect. There are exceptions for law enforcement officers and members of the military.

Violating the ordinance could result in a fine of at least $250 and up to $1,000 for each day the violation occurs.

The village, in a statement, said the ordinance followed a Highland Park, Ill., assault weapons ban from 2013. That ordinance survived a legal challenge by Arie Friedman, a pediatrician who argued the ordinance denied him the right to protect himself and his family using semi-automatic weapons, the Chicago Tribune reported.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    And now it begins...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...hem/488987002/

The ordinance goes into effect June 13 and makes it unlawful to possess, sell, transport or store assault rifles. The weapons are defined as semi-automatic rifles able to accept a large magazine. The ordinance also bans certain models, including the AR-15, the AK-47 and Uzis.

Deerfield residents with assault weapons may sell them, hand them over to police or move them out of the village within 60 days of the ordinance going into effect. There are exceptions for law enforcement officers and members of the military.

Violating the ordinance could result in a fine of at least $250 and up to $1,000 for each day the violation occurs.

The village, in a statement, said the ordinance followed a Highland Park, Ill., assault weapons ban from 2013. That ordinance survived a legal challenge by Arie Friedman, a pediatrician who argued the ordinance denied him the right to protect himself and his family using semi-automatic weapons, the Chicago Tribune reported.
    And now it begins... ?!? The article itself mentions a 2013 ban, and there were many more before that.
    Kim & Dean

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    And now it begins... ?!? The article itself mentions a 2013 ban, and there were many more before that.
    Well, as usual I can tell it went right over your head.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Well, as usual I can tell it went right over your head.
    True dat! You got me!
    Kim & Dean

*facepalm*
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR
    2024 Aprilia Tuono Factory Ultra Gold