Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast

Thread: The anti-gun idiots will be going ape shit over this one!!!

Re: The anti-gun idiots will be going ape shit over this one!!!

One giant flaw in your plan, BK. Many school shootings are carried out by current students that are already cleared for entry. Also, sounds more like a prison than a school. How many school districts are willing to allocate funds to that kind of security? You think all employees in a school district would be willing to take a pay cut to pay for it? It's a complex problem with no easy fix answers.
    Last edited by FZRguy; Sun Feb 25th, 2018 at 01:03 PM.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    actually a lot of people have used an ar15 for home defense. I wouldn't but that's me. I do not feel it's my place to dictate how another person chooses to defend themselves. there was actually a shooting just last year. it would actually be classified as a mass shooting but it wasn't a bad guy with the gun. three men had broken into a home and a 23 year old man used an ar15 to defend himself. also was just couple of years ago that a teen grabbed his father's ar15 and killed a home Invader while the parents were at work and it was just him and his sister.

I have been debating guns non stop and it's starting to blend but I'm pretty sure I already posted about Columbine in here. those shooters didn't achieve getting those firearms legally. neither did that guy in Newtown. he actually killed his mom. how does gun control prevent that? someone willing to their own mother just to get their hands on firearms? that's pretty hell bent on killing.

so you won't let me bring up tyranny? we are already doomed? okay what about a solar flare? how about a nuclear attack? how about an invasion? these things are fantasies? they are all very real. they are also more likely to happen than you being caught in a mass shooting. the numbers are so low on that that you literally have better odds of winning the lottery.

see you can't guarantee me something. you guarantee me that these arms are no longer needed. that is what you have to convince me of first before I even think about surrending arms for any reason. you have to first prove to me world peace. but sadly you can't and you know it. see you want me to sit here and tell me I need to think about our children. I'm sitting here and telling you I'm not only thinking about them but their grandkids as well. I am fighting to ensure that our grandchildren's grandchildren are not left in a situation where they are looking at their past wishing we had the balls to stand up to evil now so they stood a chance then.

see it's easy to get stuck with out fancy toys. be able to jump in a car and be across the country in a few short days. hell jump on a plan and be on the other side of the world tomorrow. but honestly it means nothing. during Rome's prime they had fancy toys too. they thought they would be on top forever. we know through history that wasn't to be.

so yeah I'm sorry but I just can't get on board with anything firearm related. it won't actually solve anything. it's a feel good law. a knee jerk reaction like Colorado doing the high capacity mag law that has been deemed worthless.

what I will support is real common sense. common sense asks why do we let random people walk into a school? bk this post is for you as well.

there is no reason people should be allowed to just walk into a school. none. zip. lock the doors. we don't need armed guards. they aren't a bad idea but we all we have to do is lock them out. keep them out until some cops willing to actually fight the bad guy show up.

speaking of that. have you read about these four sheriff deputies that just sat around while kids were being shot? kind of brings up another reason to not surrender anything under the idea someone else will show up and defend me.
    He might have used AR15 to defend but probably a handgun would have sufficed once the intruders heard or saw somebody inside fire a gun. My point is people usually don't carry it as a concealed weapon. I think such weapons should be better be available for local enforcement a few trained, security people.

If the government turned against again that they are willing to kill certain race, ethnicity or all, we would be fucked regardless of our weapons at home.

Now bk's plan is probably better plan than mandating all teaching to carry a gun. It's a plan worth discussion out there. I would not mind also allowing certain teachers who have prior military training or willing to be trained on to carry a gun too. I think the kids should be screened too to make sure they are not bringing in guns. I know it sounds like a prison but that is the world we're living today. Our airports already are like that but we determined it's better that than have airplanes flown into buildings.

Raise taxes on guns, alcohol, marijuana.. On side note, reduce foreign military military spending, better yet stupid war or two. We've got plenty of work here and could use a few well trained individuals protect our schools and borders.

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post
    One giant flaw in your plan, BK. Many school shootings are carried out by current students that are already cleared for entry. Also, sounds more like a prison than a school. How many school districts are willing to allocate funds to that kind of security? You think all employees in a school district would be willing to take a pay cut to pay for it? It's a complex problem with no easy fix answers.
    True but most of these kids come in after school has already started, so they can have a full school to shoot.

Again, if a kid arrives to the school after the doors have closed for the morning, then he's going to have to go through the same clearance check to get in to the school. Which would mean, having to be screened by the same armed security guard. Ain't no active gunman going to get past that, when he's already locked out of the building.

It's not a prison. The water treatment and power plants that I have access on, I'm free to move as I please. But guess what? If you don't have clearance, then you don't get to go through doors or even get on the plants. It's that simple man. Now granted, power plants and water treatment plants are more important than schools, that's the plain truth of it. If the wrong person(read: terrorist) were to gain access to either of them, power to a whole city could be knocked out or water that's been tampered with could easily make an entire city sick. So yes, those places are a lot more secure and should be.

However, a simple badge in system for people after the school shuts its doors in the mornings would eliminate 98% of the problem. It's a school and not a prison you're right. However, in this changing day and age, kids need to stay on campus and not leave. No more ditching class to get high or screw off. You're in school, you stay in school until 3:30PM or whenever they let out.

As far as employees taking a pay cut, well that may need to happen. Like I said, I'd pay a little more in taxes to implement this kind of system. It's better to pay a percentage more in taxes and have some pay cuts be enacted. Then to infringe on the Rights of ever citizen within the country.

Maybe if kids were forced to stay on school grounds, they might actually learn something. Cause I see way to many of them out in the local park across from one of the big highschools here just screwing off at all hours of the day. "Idle minds are the Devil's playground...."
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Sun Feb 25th, 2018 at 02:59 PM. Reason: typos
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

..... It's a complex problem with no easy fix answers.
    Of course there's an easy fix.... Ban all the guns!!!
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    Of course there's an easy fix.... Ban all the guns!!!
    I say, Ban all people!!

Better yet, take off and nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

No more ditching class to get high or screw off.

My high school crowd would have a serious issue with this!
    John
    KTM Duke 690

No more ditching class to get high or screw off.

My high school crowd would have a serious issue with this!
    Yeah, I was in private schools my whole life. My senior year I should have only gone maybe a half day, and the rest I could have spent at work. But they felt the need to make sure everyone had full days, so I ended up with extra credit History, English and a couple teacher's Aid credits. Now that I look back, it was all still a waste and I would have much rather been at work.

Then again, times are different. I started working at 16 as a sophomore(mowed lawns since 14), so by my Senior year, I was in love with earning money to buy stuff. Dude I missed Prom, Senior Trip(I got dicked out of) and Graduation(missed this purpose because I got dicked on the Senior trip) because I was working.

What's crazy is I worked usually four days a week(Sunday and three weeknights) but my best friend(whom I still hang out with to this day) was working a full time job(sometimes 7 days a week) at Cub Foods because he financed a Mazda Navajo for his Senior year. There was even one guy(can't this of his name, he was a Sophomore when I was a Senior) that was working full time as well because he was paying for his tuition to go to the school. That's drive like I've never seen. Suffice to say, the group of people I ran around with in Highschool all worked. So we never had time for cutting class or not going to school. If we weren't in school, we worked.

That's something a lot of kids these days don't do. I'm blown away when I hear of 18 year old's finally getting their drivers license. Or finally finding a first job. By the time I was 18 I had three jobs already. Been driving since I was 15 1/2.

It's this lazy modern Millennial mentality that promotes mediocrity at its best. No one wants to go out and earn their keep and earn some stripes. Start at the bottom and work their way to the top, inch by inch. To learn the lesson of keep your head down and grind it out for a couple years. Gaining experience and knowledge that actually makes you worth something in the real world.

Today's schools and college's fill kids heads with such lies and propaganda, that as soon as they hit the workforce they will be catered too and become Managers, and Directors, and VP's and CEO's. They are told they get to bypass the small time little work and leap over a couple steps in the process. That's not how it works.

sorry... rant over
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiutis View Post
    He might have used AR15 to defend but probably a handgun would have sufficed once the intruders heard or saw somebody inside fire a gun. My point is people usually don't carry it as a concealed weapon. I think such weapons should be better be available for local enforcement a few trained, security people.

If the government turned against again that they are willing to kill certain race, ethnicity or all, we would be fucked regardless of our weapons at home.

Now bk's plan is probably better plan than mandating all teaching to carry a gun. It's a plan worth discussion out there. I would not mind also allowing certain teachers who have prior military training or willing to be trained on to carry a gun too. I think the kids should be screened too to make sure they are not bringing in guns. I know it sounds like a prison but that is the world we're living today. Our airports already are like that but we determined it's better that than have airplanes flown into buildings.

Raise taxes on guns, alcohol, marijuana.. On side note, reduce foreign military military spending, better yet stupid war or two. We've got plenty of work here and could use a few well trained individuals protect our schools and borders.
    so your plan is we are already screwed so we just give up and surrender our arms? not sure if you heard about these little group called The Taliban but they have been fighting off our military now for 16 years and are still going strong. they grew up in caves without running water. I don't think I feel the same about your theories. hell when England raided the colonies that was best equipped military of the time. we know how that ended.

so you are ready to guarantee me that in the next 1000 years life is going to be perfect? I keep asking you this but I can't seem to get an answer. the entire point of the second amendment is to have arms for for war. no I'm not saying we should all be driving Abrams tanks with nuclear capabilities but we also can't just give up. that's crazy. no one can predict the future. I for one will not stand by and leave future generations handguns when what they will need is much more. definitely not for such a minor problem that can be fixed very easily without passing more laws. even more so when those laws won't actually solve the problem at hand.

schools have already started to figure this out. here you go.

https://youtu.be/kcpsnrxHdCc

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Jason Britton is not the typical person that rides a motorcycle and FWIW, I watched him ride(stunt show after Supermotard race) up at Copper Mtn, during Cycle Fest and he no less than laid his bike down two times doing stunts(and this is a paid professional stunt rider).

That's like throwing up a video of Ghost Rider in Sweden, saying well he can speed and go between people easily, why can't we all. First off, we don't live in Sweden(their traffic is different), and Second, he's got a brass set bigger than most Isle of Man racers. And not one of us could even attempt to do what Ghost Rider does.

Sure you could switch lanes on one wheel. Yet, you were still speeding while you did it.
    I was learning slow wheelies with my first street bike. It can be done by anyone that wants to put the effort into it. I just put up the first video I found, sorry I used a professional instead of Joe Blow.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

What about the schools that aren't in an enclosed building? My high school was like that. It was all separate buildings with multiple entrances into the campus. To get to the gym, my history classes and wood shop, I had to walk outside of the main campus and cross the street to get to the other buildings. There's no way to regulate who goes in and out of a place like that.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    I was learning slow wheelies with my first street bike. It can be done by anyone that wants to put the effort into it. I just put up the first video I found, sorry I used a professional instead of Joe Blow.
    I get it, wheelies are cool but not everyone does them, nor does everyone who rides a motorcycle want to do wheelies. I can say, that most of the weak wheelies I ever pulled were at the track coming off a corner hard. Was never a big fan of doing wheelies, or stoppies or endos. Just was never my thing. I'd rather drag my knee vs. do stunts.

So I get it, you can do fast wheelies and slow wheelies. Tell me, can you stop normally with a wheelie? Meaning if someone pulls out in front of you, and you only have one wheel and one brake. Riding normal, you'll have all wheels on the ground and be in control of the brakes. See what I'm getting at? The bike is not being used for what it is intended for.

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    What about the schools that aren't in an enclosed building? My high school was like that. It was all separate buildings with multiple entrances into the campus. To get to the gym, my history classes and wood shop, I had to walk outside of the main campus and cross the street to get to the other buildings. There's no way to regulate who goes in and out of a place like that.
    Well maybe schools need to change their layouts. Have guards posted up at all buildings where kids will be walking to and from.

But I get it, it's way easier to screw 300+ Million people out of their unalienable Rights, vs. actually having to expend a little brainpower and come up with new and innovative ways to protect schools. You know doing some restructuring and change the way business is done at school. Maybe, redesign the layout so that kids don't travel to different buildings, and have them stay in one building for the day. It can be done, people are just too lazy to want to change. Because why?? It's an inconvenience, kids might actually have to stay in school, or not change buildings.

Better to inconvenience kids and have them stay alive, than wreck our Bill of Rights. Rights that our forefathers so selflessly died for and fought tyranny for.

Yeah why not give all that up!!! Our Rights were only paid for with blood and sweat and death, so that generations to come could live in a free country and free society.

And that's what it all boils down too. Let's dick people out of their Rights, because we're all too f**kin lazy to do anything correctly.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

I suggest you all read this and remember where we came from: http://www.ushistory.org/declaration/document/

Here's just a little excerpt of what started this great nation....

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--"
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness...."
    Written by a bunch of tax dodging slave owners!
    Kim & Dean

Last edited by The Black Knight; Tue Feb 27th, 2018 at 08:49 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

so your plan is we are already screwed so we just give up and surrender our arms? not sure if you heard about these little group called The Taliban but they have been fighting off our military now for 16 years and are still going strong. they grew up in caves without running water. I don't think I feel the same about your theories. hell when England raided the colonies that was best equipped military of the time. we know how that ended.

so you are ready to guarantee me that in the next 1000 years life is going to be perfect? I keep asking you this but I can't seem to get an answer. the entire point of the second amendment is to have arms for for war. no I'm not saying we should all be driving Abrams tanks with nuclear capabilities but we also can't just give up. that's crazy. no one can predict the future. I for one will not stand by and leave future generations handguns when what they will need is much more. definitely not for such a minor problem that can be fixed very easily without passing more laws. even more so when those laws won't actually solve the problem at hand.

schools have already started to figure this out. here you go.

https://youtu.be/kcpsnrxHdCc
    I'm trying to understand your point of view that insists on semi automatic ownership to protect again tyrannic governments and I'm not convinced. You give Taliban an example which, imo, is not a good example because it does not apply to our country first of all. Are you saying there is a chance of this happening in our country? I can't guarantee anything but this is crazy talk, most people would not go and buy AR15 if you told them about it. And if US wanted they could take over Taliban which they had temporarily, I believe. US does not want to get involved ground fighting in country they don't know well. It would result in many US casualties. And US does not want deploy extreme weapons which would result in collateral damage.
    Ok, let's say, for example, we were to elect somebody crazy who would turn extreme against us. Imagine if our government ordered to raid our homes asking to turn our AR15 and those that were to refuse were gassed and forced out of their homes. Do you think we had a chance just cause we had AR 15 at home when our government were willing to kill us?
    If there was a bill tomorrow to vote whether to allow any more sale of semi-automatic weapons to the public, I think I would for it. I don't see reason for allowing such weapons to the public. Despite those weapons being a small contributing weapon of choice for mass murders but if it resulted in fewer murders committed by those weapons, than it would be a bonus.

I'm trying to understand your point of view that insists on semi automatic ownership to protect again tyrannic governments and I'm not convinced. You give Taliban an example which, imo, is not a good example because it does not apply to our country first of all. Are you saying there is a chance of this happening in our country? I can't guarantee anything but this is crazy talk, most people would not go and buy AR15 if you told them about it. And if US wanted they could take over Taliban which they had temporarily, I believe. US does not want to get involved ground fighting in country they don't know well. It would result in many US casualties. And US does not want deploy extreme weapons which would result in collateral damage.
    Ok, let's say, for example, we were to elect somebody crazy who would turn extreme against us. Imagine if our government ordered to raid our homes asking to turn our AR15 and those that were to refuse were gassed and forced out of their homes. Do you think we had a chance just cause we had AR 15 at home when our government were willing to kill us?
    If there was a bill tomorrow to vote whether to allow any more sale of semi-automatic weapons to the public, I think I would for it. I don't see reason for allowing such weapons to the public. Despite those weapons being a small contributing weapon of choice for mass murders but if it resulted in fewer murders committed by those weapons, than it would be a bonus.
    Then you sir are exactly what the oppressors want, and that's nothing more than a sheep that is being fatted up for the slaughter.

Let me ask you something. Are you willing to die on your feet or live on your knees? There will come a time when you have to choose. And believe me, there are things that gnaw on a man worse than dying.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Gold Member

huh? we didn't know the country? that's funny because the CIA spent many years in Afghanistan long before 911. hell we trained the taliban and even armed them. sure it was to fight the Russians but it still happened.

you don't get this do you? these are not weapons of war. what we own today would be the equivalent of swords during our countries fight for independence. we don't have weapons of war. that is the lefts attempt at propaganda. clearly it's working.

you say you don't see why anyone would need. okay that's fine. you have lived in a nice little bubble your whole life. let's flip the script. how would you feel about being told you had to go buy these guns? the government is going to make you go waste thousands of dollars on these firearms. you are now part of the militia and as such you need to be well regulated and prepared. the cost us on you and if you don't comply you will be charged with a felony and locked up.

I'm guessing you wouldn't like this very much but that's what we are facing. one side trying to force opinions on the other side.

see we can't compare ourselves to other countries because other countries have never had 300 million firearms in their country. you think banning these things will magically make them disappear? what, criminals are just going to turn them in? hey guys these guns are all bad mmmkay. we have to turn them in. lol. yeah no.

now the only people who are armed are the criminals. the gangs. the drug dealers. the bad guys.

why would we ban something that saves people at almost 1000 times more than hurts anyone? in the video I posted way back it gave the stats on medical malpractice.

Medical errors are the third leading cause of death in the U.S., after heart disease and cancer, causing at least 250,000 deaths every year, according to an analysis out Tuesday indicating that patient safety efforts fall far short.

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles...eath-in-the-us

More than 100,000 people in America are shot in murders, assaults, suicides & suicide attempts, accidents, or by police intervention. 31,537 people die from gun violence

Gold Member

well I don't know why the bold is stuck on now. but I can't turn it off.

point is I don't see you trying to ban McDonald's. I don't see you trying to stop abortion. I don't see you trying to make new laws against soda. all of those things kill many more Americans every year than all of guns combined including police shootings and self defense.

this is a very small problem that is being blown out of proportion by politicians who are using these kids as propaganda. if it was about saving kids we would have locked the schools up a long time ago. after 911 we didn't ban knives or box cutters. we secured the airports. after the first trade towers attacks and bombings like Oklahoma City we didn't ban box trucks. we secured things better. yet when it comes to kids we are trying to ban something that we will never be able to ban? come on. let's be real about this. it's not about saving lives. it's about a political agenda. one that should terrify you.

Do you/we really trust everyone with a permit in schools? Heck, I’m not the best with a pistol but am better than a lot. I’m not sure I wouldn’t cause collateral damage. Would the purposed armed staff do better/worse?

Quote Originally Posted by Kristian View Post
    Do you/we really trust everyone with a permit in schools? Heck, I’m not the best with a pistol but am better than a lot. I’m not sure I wouldn’t cause collateral damage. Would the purposed armed staff do better/worse?
    It's not like the average cop can hit shit, either! Ever go target shooting with police officers? They can't hit the side of a battleship! Kim does better...

Even the show "Cops" shows they can't hit shit. Practice, practice, practice, practice, practice is what it takes! Most people don't have the commitment.

Be armed, buy know what the hell you are doing!

Shit, Kris... I've been shooting with you. I would trust you to hit the bad guy and not hit me....Well, maybe not after lunch....
    Kim & Dean

Quote Originally Posted by Kristian View Post
    It is hard to say how anyone would react under duress of the situation. However, that's why you practice. Muscle memory takes over and you do what you've trained to do.

I can honestly say that across all of my guns, I shoot a little over 1000 rounds a month. Not much more than that, as I've got to a point where I just maintain my skills with a pistol and rifle. It is somewhat of a perishable skill, so people should shoot more than they do. Usually my pistols I at least shoot twice a month, my rifles are monthly.

So 1000 rounds a month = 12000 rounds per year and I've been shooting for close to 14 years solid. No I'll admit when I first got into shooting and learning skills, I was shooting close to 50000 rounds in a year. Back then ammo was cheap and I burned through it. Then right around when Obama was elected, we had the ammo scare and supplies went down, while prices shot up. Ammo prices are still high in my opinion but not as high as they used to be. Which is why I got into reloading. I reload my 9mm for some ridiculous .3 cents a round, .45auto for about .10 cents. My 300 ultra mag for about .75 cents a round and my .338 Lapua right under 2.00 a round. I don't reload my .223/5.56 or 7.62 as I mainly just shoot military surplus ammo in that, and it's all steel cased(non-reloadable, it is but very hard) for the most part.

Contrast those prices with factory(9mm around .10 cents, .45 about .25 cents, .300 ultra mag $2.50(for top level ammo) and .338 Lapua(some of the best stuff is close to $10.00 a round), and I'm saving a ton just reloading. My biggest expenditure is my time. I can bang out 50 to 100 rifles rounds in one night(that's start to finish) but pistol will take me a good week to do around 500 rounds(start to finish).

Point is, I carry and know that I must practice, practice, practice if that dreaded day should ever come where I have to draw and protect myself or others. I feel very confident in my skills to hit what I'm aiming at.

That being said, I'm certainly not going to go and engage an active shooter. For one I know the sound of a carbine/rifle, and know that with my pistol I'm already out-matched. Second, you never underestimate the enemy. The active shooter, could have body armor and/or multiple weapons, again advantage goes to the active shooter. Third, I'm not going to engage a shooter while other people are running around getting in my way, or potentially bumping into me and distracting my aim. Fourth, going back to one and two, if I get shot and go down, I've effectively taken myself out of the equation for helping anyone. A CCW must always protect themselves first, you are #1 in this scenario. And finally, fifth... I'm going to leave if I can and get to safety. If I'm in a spot where I can't extract myself/family/friends, then I'm going to back myself and others in a nice dark corner and wait for the gunman. I'm going to remain quiet and do as little as possible to call attention of the active shooter to myself. If that means barricading a room door, hiding in a dark movie theater or mall restroom.

Now, having said all that. If people(the public) were cool with CCW's walking around with our own AR15's w/extra mags, then hell yes I'll be more than happy to engage any active shooter. If people were o.k. with me walking with my rifle around my neck, extra mags and my tac vest(w/sidearm), then yes consider the active shooter finished. He's really going to be up a creek if I have any of my AR's with a scope on it.

But the public isn't o.k. with that. That's my normal gear when I do my training, but people would freak seeing me walk around like that. They'd freak seeing other "Law Abiding" gun owners walking around like that. So alas, we have to CCW, and then be at a disadvantage because all we have are sidearms.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

huh? we didn't know the country? that's funny because the CIA spent many years in Afghanistan long before 911. hell we trained the taliban and even armed them. sure it was to fight the Russians but it still happened.

you don't get this do you? these are not weapons of war. what we own today would be the equivalent of swords during our countries fight for independence. we don't have weapons of war. that is the lefts attempt at propaganda. clearly it's working.

you say you don't see why anyone would need. okay that's fine. you have lived in a nice little bubble your whole life. let's flip the script. how would you feel about being told you had to go buy these guns? the government is going to make you go waste thousands of dollars on these firearms. you are now part of the militia and as such you need to be well regulated and prepared. the cost us on you and if you don't comply you will be charged with a felony and locked up.

I'm guessing you wouldn't like this very much but that's what we are facing. one side trying to force opinions on the other side.

see we can't compare ourselves to other countries because other countries have never had 300 million firearms in their country. you think banning these things will magically make them disappear? what, criminals are just going to turn them in? hey guys these guns are all bad mmmkay. we have to turn them in. lol. yeah no.

now the only people who are armed are the criminals. the gangs. the drug dealers. the bad guys.

why would we ban something that saves people at almost 1000 times more than hurts anyone? in the video I posted way back it gave the stats on medical malpractice.

Medical errors are the third leading cause of death in the U.S., after heart disease and cancer, causing at least 250,000 deaths every year, according to an analysis out Tuesday indicating that patient safety efforts fall far short.

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles...eath-in-the-us

More than 100,000 people in America are shot in murders, assaults, suicides & suicide attempts, accidents, or by police intervention. 31,537 people die from gun violence

A better example would be if I was forced to buy certain type of automobile, like sedan, and the SUV would be banned from public sales floors. I would not like it, just like the current airport travel scene.
    I completely agree that the AR15s and such are a rather minuscule problem in the pond but I see why people perceive it bigger than it should. I'm sure there have been more knife-committed murders since the Parkland shooting in the states, however, all we hear in the media is about the school-shooting. People are also emotionally attached to it. Agreed, healthcare and medical errors should be much more discussed than guns..
    Regarding war weapons, I meant all the weapons that the government has at their disposal renders your AR15 a very innocent toy. Hence, I would not feel that much more powerful if I owned one. Although, articles like this https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...n-guns/553937/, don't help making AR15 seem innocent to the general public.
    BK's and your sentiment that the government is out there to take a way our rights so they can kill us or control us sooner or later, maybe in our lifetime? It does not resonate with me. It's possible.. Do you have any events you want to share that's happened to you or others to support those extreme beliefs? Perhaps then we should propose a bill to get our cannons back.

Gold Member

A better example would be if I was forced to buy certain type of automobile, like sedan, and the SUV would be banned from public sales floors. I would not like it, just like the current airport travel scene.
    I completely agree that the AR15s and such are a rather minuscule problem in the pond but I see why people perceive it bigger than it should. I'm sure there have been more knife-committed murders since the Parkland shooting in the states, however, all we hear in the media is about the school-shooting. People are also emotionally attached to it. Agreed, healthcare and medical errors should be much more discussed than guns..
    Regarding war weapons, I meant all the weapons that the government has at their disposal renders your AR15 a very innocent toy. Hence, I would not feel that much more powerful if I owned one. Although, articles like this https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...n-guns/553937/, don't help making AR15 seem innocent to the general public.
    BK's and your sentiment that the government is out there to take a way our rights so they can kill us or control us sooner or later, maybe in our lifetime? It does not resonate with me. It's possible.. Do you have any events you want to share that's happened to you or others to support those extreme beliefs? Perhaps then we should propose a bill to get our cannons back.
    Ruby ridge. Waco... even better... hurricane Katrina. after hurricane Katrina authorities rounded up as many of the guns as they could. you say they aren't doing? I say they have been doing it.

https://youtu.be/kf8trl69kzo

so... while these guys are going around and flat out destroying our right to defend ourselves what else was taking place?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danz...idge_shootings

so while the police were illegally taking people's guns away they were also killing the unarmed citizens for fun basically. that's nice. that's with all the national guard troops. all the mercenaries... all the police... yeah it was the wild west. so I ask you... is it really that difficult to picture a way that a rifle of this sort could be needed in today's society? most cops have one. why? why does a law enforcement officer need a firearm like this? is it that most crimes are committed against cops and we the normal people of this country are left alone? do I really need to answer that?

yes the article you showed gives some sad thoughts into what it looks like when a bunch of kids are shot up. propaganda good sir. anything that is designed or written to affect you emotionally is just propaganda.

have any idea what what a person looks like at after a shotgun blast? how about the muskets everyone talks about? they were only 50 caliber. how about hand guns? they will do some pretty good work on flesh. they are guns. they are all designed to kill. no one gun is designed to kill humans and other animals.

see the biggest problem here is the slippery slope. we not only are on it but we are moving into dangerous territory. so we are going to ban something that isn't actually an issue and isn't actually the problem. then when this happens again with another kind of firearm then what are we going to do? see these shooters are doing this just to make the news. when they ban these rifles and school shootings still take place what is next? ban the handguns because they actually account for the majority of the murders? then where are we? do we get to walk around with shotguns and 308 and bigger hunting rifles? what happens when the shooters use these guns? what are we left with? nothing? we get baseball bats? enjoy using a bat against four or five guys that just broke into your home. I'm not saying you won't win but you'll be in for the fight of your life. guess you could just get on your knees and beg them to leave you are your family alone. see I'm not there. I won't ever beg someone for my protection. o don't have that in me. as long as there is air in my lungs I'll protect my loved ones with every tool I have at my disposal.

see you have been told we don't need these things. who told you this? CNN? liberals? how many of them are protected by armed guards? personal security? tall walls and secure houses? if they disarm us do we get private security? how are you going to guarantee my safety? you are limiting my ability to defend myself so I ask you how you will guarantee my safety.

you are still avoiding these questions. you can't talk about this world harmony without answering these questions. what if in 200 years China has overgrown themselves and has decided the untied states looks like a good place to spread out? you can guarantee that we will never face a nuclear war? sure maybe it would be the end of the world. what if it's not? what if it just turns out world into post apocalyptic style world? do you want to leave future generations with nothing to defend themselves if an invading army comes to town? you say our firearms are worthless yet people who live in caves are still fighting off our troops. they run around with just rifles and some RPGs. yet here we are. still fighting. you say it's different and I laugh at that. it's only different because you can't counter that argument.

see you won't guarantee me anything because you can't. just like our government can't. you claim weapons of war. it's nothing more than a sword to the knights many years ago. nothing more than arrows. nothing more than muskets. they are all weapons of war. guns are designed to kill. that is their function. that's why I laugh at these terms weapons of war. all weapons we're at some point a function of war. knives are just modern daggers. rifles replaced swords. swords replaced rocks.