Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The anti-gun idiots will be going ape shit over this one!!!

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Re: The anti-gun idiots will be going ape shit over this one!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Not sure on the Thornton gun law you are referring too, but The Denver Post put out a article saying that "concealed weapon" permits actually slowed the investigation

Didn't this shooter just use a standard handgun though? (not aware of gun laws on those, but I don't follow it close)

And before you attack me, I am just posting what the Denver Post wrote....so attack them and not me (I know how sensitive concealed weapon carriers are over the subject ).

When a gunman opened fire inside a Walmart in Thornton Wednesday night, shoppers screamed and ran for cover — and others pulled out their own handguns.
    But those who drew weapons during the shootings ultimately delayed the investigation as authorities pored over surveillance videotape trying to identify the assailant who killed three people, police said Thursday.
    Although authorities said “a few” individuals drew handguns, they posed no physical hazard to officers. But their presence “absolutely” slowed the process of determining who, and how many, suspects were involved in the shootings, said Thornton police spokesman Victor Avila.
    It took more than five hours to identify the suspect, 47-year-old Scott Ostrem, who is accused in the seemingly random shootings. The problem for investigators came when they reviewed the surveillance footage and had to follow each individual with a firearm until they could eliminate them as a suspect.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/11/02...mart-shooting/

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/11/02...ng-guns-chaos/
    I bet IF the shooter saw those other people pull theirs out, he thought twice about what he was doing. Perhaps those people prevented something bigger by doing that. I think slowing an investigation is better than more people potentially dying. But who knows if he actually saw them and it deterred him.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Gold Member

Not sure on the Thornton gun law you are referring too, but The Denver Post put out a article saying that "concealed weapon" permits actually slowed the investigation

Didn't this shooter just use a standard handgun though? (not aware of gun laws on those, but I don't follow it close)

And before you attack me, I am just posting what the Denver Post wrote....so attack them and not me (I know how sensitive concealed weapon carriers are over the subject ).

When a gunman opened fire inside a Walmart in Thornton Wednesday night, shoppers screamed and ran for cover — and others pulled out their own handguns.
    But those who drew weapons during the shootings ultimately delayed the investigation as authorities pored over surveillance videotape trying to identify the assailant who killed three people, police said Thursday.
    Although authorities said “a few” individuals drew handguns, they posed no physical hazard to officers. But their presence “absolutely” slowed the process of determining who, and how many, suspects were involved in the shootings, said Thornton police spokesman Victor Avila.
    It took more than five hours to identify the suspect, 47-year-old Scott Ostrem, who is accused in the seemingly random shootings. The problem for investigators came when they reviewed the surveillance footage and had to follow each individual with a firearm until they could eliminate them as a suspect.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/11/02...mart-shooting/

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/11/02...ng-guns-chaos/
    lol I was being a smartass and talking about the knee jerk laws that Colorado passed after the Aurora shooting.

as for the other stuff... yeah it clearly slowed them down. I'm calling bullshit but Colorado cops are basically related to Asperger's.... lol! oh mang.... FTP!!!

I keeed.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    sorry bro I stopped reading the moment you claimed everyone started freaking out right after the first shot.

after all the videos you have claimed to watch I'm surprised you haven't seen this.

https://youtu.be/v4oqTJ43mek

you keep talking like this dude was focused in trying to get a kill each shot. not sure why this is such a hard point to get across. thar video shows the crowd not even move move as what sounds like 100 rounds just get sprayed into them.

it's right there. the music finally shuts off at the very end of the burst. guess you missed the endless people saying they thought it was fire crackers. would you run from fire crackers? lol.

go into all the ballistic talk you want. but considering it takes less than a second for a 223 to travel 400 yards doesn't really give people a whole lot of time to get out of the way. lol. let's talk reaction times. reaction times to just apply brakes brakes while driving is .7 to a full three seconds. just to apply brakes on their car. so yeah.... bullet travel time really didn't mean much at 400 yards.

you keep claiming to see all these videos but you seem to think things were chaotic from the moment the first shot went off. the truth couldn't be farther from that idea. watching an extended clip you hear your so called sniper shots. long before the mag dumps. almost a good 15 seconds.

I think these so called videos you watched might have you messed up bro. maybe editing from someone trying to mess with the minds of the untrusting.

yeah 500 injured. true. still a pretty small number of casualties for the situation. you can't argue that. and for a second shooter to be there? that means we are cutting down those numbers by half.

basically you are saying that two shooters with a massive kill box were only able to kill 58 people and injure 500? that's borderline pathetic. so much for this conspiracy linking back to the government.
    Well I've debated this with you ad nauseum, but here's some more stuff for you.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but f*ck it, because I can't help thinking this today after the two recent shootings.

Thornton Shooting; handgun used, 3 dead.
    Texas Church Shooting; assualt rifle used, 26 dead.

Seems to me the different in casualties was quite different and one can only assume the different weapon is what was the biggest factor.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Seems to me the different in casualties was quite different and one can only assume the different weapon is what was the biggest factor.
    Didn't the Walmart fucker only fire three rounds? If so, his hit ratio blows away any rifle!

So, what's more deadly? Rifles or an accurate shooter...
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    Didn't the Walmart fucker only fire three rounds? If so, his hit ratio blows away any rifle!

So, what's more deadly? Rifles or an accurate shooter...
    Ok, well to simplify it then, what is more dangerous.....an accurate shooter with a handgun or an accurate shooter with an assault rifle?

Just saying.......

Actually, what is most deadly... are women drivers!!

Women drivers - No survivors.
    Kim & Dean

Actually, what is most deadly... are women drivers!!

Women drivers - No survivors.
    I know you are just joking...but nope, even that didn't compare as last week's truck terrorist killing only killed 8.....18 short of the church assault rifle attack.
    http://nypost.com/2017/10/31/8-kille...terror-attack/

Gold Member

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but f*ck it, because I can't help thinking this today after the two recent shootings.

Thornton Shooting; handgun used, 3 dead.
    Texas Church Shooting; assualt rifle used, 26 dead.

sigh.... first of all an assault rifle isn't wasn't the Texas shooter used. he used a rifle. an assault rifle is different than what you and I can walk down to the gun store and purchase and it's extremely expensive. 10-20k dollars.

second you are trying to compare firearms and not even coming close to density of targets. while Walmart had a hell of a lot more people in it then a church, a church has more people per square foot than a Walmart.

that made the church shooters body count what it was not the weapon.

Gold Member

I know you are just joking...but nope, even that didn't compare as last week's truck terrorist killing only killed 8.....18 short of the church assault rifle attack.
    http://nypost.com/2017/10/31/8-kille...terror-attack/

you keep saying assault rifle attack and I want to slap you. next thing you'll be saying is ghost gun. don't go full liberal.... no one goes full liberal...

here's a video to help you understand.

https://youtu.be/dAn_KdciO00

ps... I'm fucking with you about slapping you. don't get all angry. it was a joke. repeat... a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    you keep saying assault rifle attack and I want to slap you. next thing you'll be saying is ghost gun. don't go full liberal.... no one goes full liberal...

here's a video to help you understand.

https://youtu.be/dAn_KdciO00

ps... I'm fucking with you about slapping you. don't get all angry. it was a joke. repeat... a joke.
    Assault rifle is what they reported in news man...just going by that they said. Said he even had body armor.

I'll make you a fun bet then. We choose a FPS video game (I'd choose Killing Floor 2, but we can do COD). You start out with a handgun and I'll start out with an assault rifle (or rifle whatever) and see who gets more kills; same level/perks and all. It will prove that the better gun is going to make the difference. We can even switch and do the average. My bet is no way does a handgun out kill an assault rifle by evenly matched people.

Investigators confirmed Monday morning that they recovered a Ruger assault-type rifle at the First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs and two handguns in Kelley's sport utility vehicle.

The rifle used by Devin Kelley was the Ruger AR-556, Texas Department of Public Safety Regional Director Freeman Martin said in a news conference.

Shooter’s weapon described as AR-15 variant <-click

Oh yeah, looks like a hunting rifle.....no way!

Technical names aside a 25 plus clip is what I mean vs what a handgun can hold . I assume fire rate as well not to mention accuracy

basically reading on this gun it is highly customizable and can be converted to mimic a auto
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jmnAkm8qqv0
    Last edited by bulldog; Mon Nov 6th, 2017 at 03:59 PM.

Damn even crazier. One with a 90 clip magazine fully auto (well that bump clip they have se) https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IOg32bmlTGc

...Technical names aside a 25 plus clip is what I mean vs what a handgun can hold ....
    Now, I'm going to slap you for saying "clip". None of the MSRs use clips. They're magazines. You can thank Hollywood for the confusion...

Guns that use clips have the magazine as part of the body of the gun.

Guns that use magazines have a mag-well.

https://www.google.com/search?q=clip...=2560&bih=1345
    Last edited by Kim-n-Dean; Mon Nov 6th, 2017 at 05:01 PM.
    Kim & Dean

Now, I'm going to slap you for saying "clip". None of the MSRs use clips. They're magazines. You can thank Hollywood for the confusion...
    lol. Yeah I don't know a lot about guns. Just saying nobody uses that "Rifle" to hunt animals

i do know how to load my 9mm clip....or is it a magazine. Lol

lol. Yeah I don't know a lot about guns. Just saying nobody uses that "Rifle" to hunt animals

i do know how to load my 9mm clip....or it a magazine. Lol
    I don't hunt at all. I have no problem blowing Bambi away, I just can't stand the taste. Buy my tag and you can have the kill.

Anyway, I have a lot of high-power shit because I just like blowing shit up!
    Kim & Dean

Looks like we were both editing our posts at the same time. I posted a link to Mag vs Clip...
    Kim & Dean

Yeah Posting from iPhone and at gym with gloves on so all hard. Actually saw video said "mag" but was lazy

No wonder everyone is so confused on gun terminology. I was asked the other day what MSR meant on the latest rifle I bought. It means 'Modern Sporting Rifle'. Someone just pointed out to me when they googled it (because of my reference above), it came back "Modular Sniper Rifle". Never heard that one before. Lots of acronyms, I suppose. I meant Modern Sporting Rifle.
    Kim & Dean

Now here is something I'm surprised you guys have not talked about. Some big balls on this guy and who knows if he stopped a second assault

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ion/index.html

No wonder everyone is so confused on gun terminology. I was asked the other day what MSR meant on the latest rifle I bought. It means 'Modern Sporting Rifle'. Someone just pointed out to me when they googled it (because of my reference above), it came back "Modular Sniper Rifle". Never heard that one before. Lots of acronyms, I suppose. I meant Modern Sporting Rifle.
    A "Modular Sniper Rifle" is primarily for a sniper rifle on a chassis and/or the ability to change its caliber quickly. Meaning, it has the ability to have either side folding or a stock that collapses. Will have picatinny rails for scopes and bi-pods. Will have a box magazine, usually able to accept higher capacity mags. And some(not all) will have the ability to change calibers(i.e. FN Ballista)

Some MSR's include, the actual MSR by Remington, the FN Ballista, CheyTac's Intervention, Barrett's MRAD.

The FN Ballista for example, if you buy the entire three caliber kit($10000, last time I saw it) you get .308, .300 win mag and .338 Lapua. So the concept behind an MSR is the ability for the sniper to engage targets are any range. Short range - .308, Mid Range - .300 Win Mag and Long Range - .338 Lapua. What makes the Ballista so unique(and awesome) is the ability to take down and change calibers within three minutes.

The cool thing about an MSR is you can turn any rifle you have into one. I had my eye on the Savage 110BA in .338 Lapua but decided to go a different route and build my own. I took a off the rack Remington 700 in .300RUM(Remington Ultra Mag) and put it into a chassis. Basically, you take the action and barrel out of the standard hunting rifle stock, put in a chassis and boom, you now have a MSR rifle. I ended up with a Vortex scope, Magpul tube and stock and a few other bits and pieces. The build cost me right around $2000, which at the time the Savage 110BA's were at $1700(with no scope), now the damn things are going for just hair over a grand!!!($1049 at Bud's Guns). But I don't regret the build one bit, I have a very unique gun(not many shoot the .300RUM), have gone out to 1000yrds with it and my goal is a mile.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

The modular thing I've seen but more often heard MSR as modern sporting rifle and referring to AR variants. But I don't follow firearms as closely as many here.
    "On a cycle the frame is gone. You're completely in contact with it all. You're in the scene, not just watching it anymore, and the sense of presence is overwhelming.” Pirsig

Now here is something I'm surprised you guys have not talked about. Some big balls on this guy and who knows if he stopped a second assault

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ion/index.html
    Well, if we must...

I think it's hilarious that the guy had to load his magazines! Does he own guns for show, or is he someone who preaches "for protection"?

Since I own guns, and they're already in the house, why wouldn't you use that tool for protection?!? Not only are the mags full, they're in the gun as well. If you carry, you need to be chambered with the hammer back.
    Kim & Dean