Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The anti-gun idiots will be going ape shit over this one!!!

Gold Member

Re: The anti-gun idiots will be going ape shit over this one!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Now here is something I'm surprised you guys have not talked about. Some big balls on this guy and who knows if he stopped a second assault

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ion/index.html
    actually something I'm more interested in is the fact he was allowed to buy a firearm at all. considering he had a domestic violence charges on him he should not have been able to purchase a firearm.

the background check system can only work if those in charge of filing actually do their job. you can thank the United States air Force for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    What makes the Ballista so unique(and awesome) is the ability to take down and change calibers within three minutes.
    That sounds kind of long. I don't know shit about that rifle, but I can completely disassemble and reassemble every single one of my guns in under three minutes.

I guess that's kind of cheating on the pistols. To "completely disassemble" them requires a lot of 'extra' work on the trigger/hammer assembly that's usually not done for regular maintenance. On my rifles, though, I'm including bolt/receiver, extractor, ejectors. I LOVE parts!!

I say "ejectors", as in plural. My new GII Recon has dual ejectors. I hope they actually improved it rather than just making a change!
    Last edited by Kim-n-Dean; Mon Nov 6th, 2017 at 06:41 PM.
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    actually something I'm more interested in is the fact he was allowed to buy a firearm at all. considering he had a domestic violence charges on him he should not have been able to purchase a firearm.

the background check system can only work if those in charge of filing actually do their job. you can thank the United States air Force for this one.
    Amen! It sure is looking that way.
    Kim & Dean

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    That sounds kind of long. I don't know shit about that rifle, but I can completely disassemble and reassemble every single one of my guns in under three minutes.

I guess that's kind of cheating on the pistols. To "completely disassemble" them requires a lot of 'extra' work on the trigger/hammer assembly that's usually not done for regular maintenance. On my rifles, though, I'm including bolt/receiver, extractor, ejectors. I LOVE parts!!

I say "ejectors", as in plural. My new GII Recon has dual ejectors. I hope they actually improved it rather than just making a change!
    It has to do with not so much being able to strip a weapon down, more has to do with the shooter being able to change caliber size in under three minutes. Which for the Ballista wasn't a ton of parts. Mainly it was changing out the barrel(s) and bolts, while maintaining the same magazine for all three sizes and same action for all three. It's a cool gun for what it is. Can't say as I'd pay $10G's for one. The $7500 price I believe is just for one caliber, if you want all three it goes up to $10k

https://fnamerica.com/products/rifles/fn-ballista/
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Ummm, what's an assault rifle? I know what an Armalite rifle is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristian View Post
    Ummm, what's an assault rifle? I know what an Armalite rifle is.
    I think it is when you take the rifle, that you have run out of ammo with, and beat a person with it.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but f*ck it, because I can't help thinking this today after the two recent shootings.

Thornton Shooting; handgun used, 3 dead.
    Texas Church Shooting; assualt rifle used, 26 dead.

Seems to me the different in casualties was quite different and one can only assume the different weapon is what was the biggest factor.
    The people in the church were trapped and had no where to go. It isn't the gun, it's the nut behind it. You can keep blaming the tool instead of the operator if it makes you feel better. I can think of many ways that mass casualties could be inflicted in that environment without the use of a firearm.

Gold Member

lol. Yeah I don't know a lot about guns. Just saying nobody uses that "Rifle" to hunt animals

i do know how to load my 9mm clip....or is it a magazine. Lol
    want to try again?
    http://time.com/4390506/gun-control-...omatic-rifles/

the ar15 is an extremely popular firearm for many reasons. as you just said you don't know a whole a lot about guns, shouldn't you educate yourself on these things before you make statements about them? people who try to make statements about subjects they know little about usually can't make an honest decision about that subject because of their lack of information.

also our right to bear arms has nothing to do with hunting. not a single thing. it's about being the last line to protect a free state. I know I sound like a conspiracy theorist here buts let's get real. right now in our current political climate can you honestly tell me we have a trust worthy government? I'm sure you have been watching the news. you were a Burney supporter right? aren't you even a little upset how the Democratic side of our government rigged the election? can you honestly sit there and tell me when the shit hits the fan we are going to be perfectly safe? let's move away from from tyranny and let's just say we could never face an invasion on US soil because we are clearly too badass for either of those things to happen. let's put it in mother nature's hands.

https://gizmodo.com/what-would-happe...art-1724650105

what would happen if the lights turned off tomorrow? have you ever imagined the hell you would face if something like this ever happened? because it has.

this is not a new threat and the last time it happened the only real technology we had was the telegraph so it was that big of a deal. if that were to happen today it would destroy our countries. you folks living in major cities would be hit the hardest. have you ever looked into what happens when trucks stop delivering food and water? what happens when there is no fuel? shit cars won't even work because their computers are fried.

in the end it will be on you for your protection. sure a handgun works for defending a house against one person. it works great! but what happens when you aren't facing one person but five or six? you're going to be a perfect shot like in Hollywood? you will all of a sudden become Bruce Willis and go all lethal weapon on some fools?

it's about safety not hunting. protecting our loved ones.

do these shootings suck? yes. but are you seriously going to sit here and ask me to give up a tool like this to help make others feel safe? and it's a fake safe. banning a firearm isn't going to make anyone safer. not a single person. evil people want to hurt others. just a fact of life. the weapon they use now is much better than others they could choose from.

want to try again?
    http://time.com/4390506/gun-control-...omatic-rifles/

the ar15 is an extremely popular firearm for many reasons. as you just said you don't know a whole a lot about guns, shouldn't you educate yourself on these things before you make statements about them? people who try to make statements about subjects they know little about usually can't make an honest decision about that subject because of their lack of information.

also our right to bear arms has nothing to do with hunting. not a single thing. it's about being the last line to protect a free state. I know I sound like a conspiracy theorist here buts let's get real. right now in our current political climate can you honestly tell me we have a trust worthy government? I'm sure you have been watching the news. you were a Burney supporter right? aren't you even a little upset how the Democratic side of our government rigged the election? can you honestly sit there and tell me when the shit hits the fan we are going to be perfectly safe? let's move away from from tyranny and let's just say we could never face an invasion on US soil because we are clearly too badass for either of those things to happen. let's put it in mother nature's hands.

https://gizmodo.com/what-would-happe...art-1724650105

what would happen if the lights turned off tomorrow? have you ever imagined the hell you would face if something like this ever happened? because it has.

this is not a new threat and the last time it happened the only real technology we had was the telegraph so it was that big of a deal. if that were to happen today it would destroy our countries. you folks living in major cities would be hit the hardest. have you ever looked into what happens when trucks stop delivering food and water? what happens when there is no fuel? shit cars won't even work because their computers are fried.

in the end it will be on you for your protection. sure a handgun works for defending a house against one person. it works great! but what happens when you aren't facing one person but five or six? you're going to be a perfect shot like in Hollywood? you will all of a sudden become Bruce Willis and go all lethal weapon on some fools?

it's about safety not hunting. protecting our loved ones.

do these shootings suck? yes. but are you seriously going to sit here and ask me to give up a tool like this to help make others feel safe? and it's a fake safe. banning a firearm isn't going to make anyone safer. not a single person. evil people want to hurt others. just a fact of life. the weapon they use now is much better than others they could choose from.
    Hey I may not know a lot about guns, but I can clearly see a weapon like a AR-15 could easily be used to make a "assault".

We can look up the definition of assault:
    a :a violent physical or verbal attack
    b :a military attack usually involving direct combat with enemy forces
    • an assault on the enemy's air base

c :a concerted effort (as to reach a goal or defeat an adversary)
    • an assault on drug trafficking

As you can see the word has many meanings, so just because somebody tells me the technical term is not assualt, does not mean my opinion is it is a gun that could not create massive damage; as these shooting have proven. So yeah, you can go by technicalities that you know more about guns, but common sense goes a long way and if you feel a handgun can create the same "assault" as a AR-15, then so be it, but my common sense tells me that is BS.

The lights turn out....wow, sorry man, but I just don't worry about things like that. if it comes to it I am sure I can find a weak guy without his weapon and steal all of his....I got a buddy who has a arsenal, but is scared to death to get in a fist fight and would take a quick punch to own all his guns.....in that situation that is (me saving my family).

P.S. Whoever said anything about banning these guns....you always go to this and I never once have EVER said this! My point was that it clearly shows the more powerful the weapon, the more damage is going to be caused. I get there are responsible people who own these types of guns, and I have no problem with that, but in end we have created these guns that do make it easier for a crazy person to cause major damage.

Burney supporter???? What the h*ll you talking about man.....again you are getting me mixed up with someone else. Only person I ever defended was Obama. As for 2nd amendment, sorry bro, but something written in 1791 clearly could not see into the future of what guns would become, so it is hard to for me to take it all that serious. In 1791 they had single loading muzzle loaded musket guns right?
    Last edited by bulldog; Tue Nov 7th, 2017 at 07:25 AM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Hey, can you guys throw in an 'an' once in a while?
    Kim & Dean

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Hey, can you guys throw in an 'an' once in a while?
    Your crazy.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

As for 2nd amendment, sorry bro, but something written in 1791 clearly could not see into the future of what guns would become, so it is hard to for me to take it all that serious. In 1791 they had single loading muzzle loaded musket guns right?
    So do you also think the 1st amendment only covers printing presses?

For the record, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puckle_gun patented in 1718, so no it wasn't just single shot muskets.
    Blair
    2000 GSX750F, 2003 YZ450F, 2004 GSXR750, 2006 ZX-14
    2013 CBR500R, 2016 YZF-R6 - MRA #760

Quote Originally Posted by blaircsf View Post
    So do you also think the 1st amendment only covers printing presses?

For the record, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puckle_gun patented in 1718, so no it wasn't just single shot muskets.
    And you must still support slavery and blacks/women/18 year olds not able to vote? Times change and throughout history we have seen these things changed to keep up with the times! Here is a good read on it (wow with even article 5 of constitution very aware changes would need to be made in future): https://www.scholastic.com/teachers/...ved-over-time/

P.S. Just because something was patented does not mean it ever went into production (I believe two were made, so no this was not considered I feel):

The Puckle gun drew few investors and never achieved mass production or sales to the British armed forces.

Now 100 years later it came to be (sorry no Puckle Gun mentioned):
    Elisha Collier invented a flintlock revolver in 1814, nearly a hundred years after the Puckle gun (though examples of flintlock and matchlock revolvers exist much earlier, with the earliest known dating back to the 15th century). Unlike the Puckle, the cylinder of the Collier was not interchangeable, slowing reloading, but would have had a faster rate of fire for its five chambers due to the integral cylinder advancing of its single-action revolver mechanism, self-priming mechanism, and the lack of a need to screw and unscrew the cylinder between shots.

Here is a more realistic version of what was around in 1791
    https://www.ranker.com/list/firearms...achel-souerbry

Snippet:
    The types of guns available at that time were very different from the AR-15s and other semi- and fully-automatic weapons we see on the news these days. In 1791, common guns included muskets and flintlock pistols.
    According to the Washington Post, a "Typical Revolutionary-era musket" had a one-round magazine capacity, and it could fire around three effective rounds per minute – in the hands of the most skilled wielder. It's maximum accuracy range had to be within 50 meters. Compare this to a "Typical modern-day AR-15," which has a magazine capacity of 30 rounds, has an effective fire of 45 rounds a minute, and an accuracy range of 550 meters.
    These are vastly different weapons.

Last edited by bulldog; Tue Nov 7th, 2017 at 11:37 AM.

The types of guns available at that time were very different from the AR-15s and other semi- and fully-automatic weapons we see on the news these days.
    I'm not aware of anyone using fully automatic.

....has an effective fire of 45 rounds a minute...
    Shit! I can fire mine way faster than that.

...and an accuracy range of 550 meters....
    Your average person can't hit shit at that range.
    Kim & Dean

I'm not aware of anyone using fully automatic.

Shit! I can fire mine way faster than that.

Your average person can't hit shit at that range.
    Maybe not fully, but "mimic" it:

Another

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    The people in the church were trapped and had no where to go. It isn't the gun, it's the nut behind it. You can keep blaming the tool instead of the operator if it makes you feel better. I can think of many ways that mass casualties could be inflicted in that environment without the use of a firearm.
    Guess I missed this one.....

Bueller, I never blamed the tool. Was just saying the "better" tool makes a difference. I get there were more people in this church than the Walmart, but if the Church shooter used a handgun instead of a Ruger556, I feel less people would have died....was only comparing the tools used and saying to me it made a huge difference. Will they ever go away....nope. Overall we just have provided crazy people with ways to stack up kills. Yeah sure, a bomb could take out more, but int these cases I was comparing the two guns used.

Anyone want to take the $100 FPS video game bet to prove this. Call of Duty is pretty accurate, so if anyone can prove they can rank up more kills with a handgun than a AR-15 (or Ruger 556) I'll give them $100 cash! I play FPS's daily and in all my years have never seen it happen between evenly matched players; no match......the reason why we strive to get the better gun to do more damage....same as in real life.

Gold Member

sigh.... common sense? I hate that word and when it's used in gun control conversations. while no you never said the word ban but you asked why anyone would need one. this statement is saying they aren't needed thus do away with it. so yes I'm paraphrasing here.

as for body counts? you do understand pistols have rifles beat hands down right? it's not even close as to how many people are killed each year.

as for the second amendment.... the musket was a weapon of war. no different than the ar today if you want to compare. it's not like rapid fire weapons weren't around back then.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puckle_gun

as you can clearly read the technology was there. so your idea that these things weren't a thought you might want to think again. plus have you ever thought what kind of damage could have been done with a cannon? they didn't ban those.

the idea that these guys were too stupid to think of the future is pretty silly.

Gold Member

Guess I missed this one.....

Bueller, I never blamed the tool. Was just saying the "better" tool makes a difference. I get there were more people in this church than the Walmart, but if the Church shooter used a handgun instead of a Ruger556, I feel less people would have died....was only comparing the tools used and saying to me it made a huge difference. Will they ever go away....nope. Overall we just have provided crazy people with ways to stack up kills. Yeah sure, a bomb could take out more, but int these cases I was comparing the two guns used.

Anyone want to take the $100 FPS video game bet to prove this. Call of Duty is pretty accurate, so if anyone can prove they can rank up more kills with a handgun than a AR-15 (or Ruger 556) I'll give them $100 cash! I play FPS's daily and in all my years have never seen it happen between evenly matched players; no match......the reason why we strive to get the better gun to do more damage....same as in real life.
    video game? it's a video game. not real world. back in the day I would taken you up on this and just quick scoped you into rage quitting.

pound for pound you are high. at close range a 45 is so much more deadly than a 223/556. that's why you can't can't compare video games with real life bro. I hit you in real life with a 45 you are going down. done. end of story. one shot. might not be dead but that 45 is taking you off of your feet. it's called stopping power for a reason.

video game? it's a video game. not real world. back in the day I would taken you up on this and just quick scoped you into rage quitting.

pound for pound you are high. at close range a 45 is so much more deadly than a 223/556. that's why you can't can't compare video games with real life bro. I hit you in real life with a 45 you are going down. done. end of story. one shot. might not be dead but that 45 is taking you off of your feet. it's called stopping power for a reason.
    Yea a video game...what we going to do, go kill people to prove it......you and that common sense again man...sheesh.

Yeah an I hit you with a shotgun you will go down too, but you aren't about to kill mass amounts of people with one like a AR-15!

I already proved the Puckle gun was not in production...2nd amendment does not cover unreleased guns...I'm sure they have some powerful laser guns nowadays not released....should those be covered under 2nd amendment....heck why not grenades then!

Why scared now? It's only a video game so you should beat me then with that "stopping power" right? I get what you mean, but you are now comparing one shot to one shot; I'm comparing quantity of what a gun can do to multiple people.

Sorry bro, but you can NEVER beat me at a FPS! I've asked you numerous times to join Killing Floor 2 and I'll prove it! Right now I am top 50 out of thousands....was top 10 in Halo for months!!! Come prove it instead of making threats of how good you were back in the day...... Here it is, buy it and text me when ready....we will see https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ga...g-floor-2-ps4/
    Last edited by bulldog; Tue Nov 7th, 2017 at 02:46 PM.

Gold Member

wasn't in production yet? what crack you smoking? funny how something that wasn't being produced was being shipped 50 years before the Constitution was signed.

as for your video games. time to come back to the real world.

wasn't in production yet? what crack you smoking? funny how something that wasn't being produced was being shipped 50 years before the Constitution was signed.

as for your video games. time to come back to the real world.
    Go read post 181...it's already been discussed...you are behind! It states two were only made!

Production was highly limited and may have been as few as just two guns, one a crude prototype made of iron, the other a finished weapon made from brass

lol...what a scared guy! You said you would beat me with a sniper but are scared to prove it...oh well, I tried as talk is cheap!
    Last edited by bulldog; Tue Nov 7th, 2017 at 03:49 PM.

Gold Member

but you are acting like these things did not exist. they did. there is your proof. they were around. hell the cannon alone could do more damage than an ar15 in a crowd.

you're acting like this video game is your 100% proof of your argument. seriously....

but okay what platform do you play on? and no we aren't playing your favorite game. I'll give you two choices. bf4 or cod Black ops. promise you you don't want Black ops. I will destroy you. you might stand a chance on bf4. but minimal.

talk is cheap right? so are PlayStation threes. let me know what you want to do.

So you admit you were wrong. Lol. There were two and that is supposed to convince me. The entire article said how crappy this gun was and shot 8 rounds a minute. How many can a AR15 shoot. Crazy if you think they compare.

No no my argument is common sense!

wow I put the link and all. I play PS4. Sure let's choose a fps we've both never played then. I beat Black Ops years ago bro. Try to keep up with the new stuff so let's choose a game that didn't come out 4 years ago. Omg if you are on a ps3 that is funny. To slow a system compared to nowadays. If this is what you are on you are no real gamer man!

plus let's do your handgun vs me with a Ar-15..... that was original point right.

edit: Black ops. Initial release date:
    November 9, 2010.
    A game released 7 years ago! Maybe we can play some PAC Man too.

Bf4 released
    October 29, 2013. You really this far behind bro??

ok got it. Wolfenstein 2 (one of originals of fps) came out 10-27-17. Perfect!
    Last edited by bulldog; Tue Nov 7th, 2017 at 04:22 PM.