Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
I like how you follow your post up with your name, even though it is in your signature

Seriously it is not too hard to solder.....but yeah, yeah we've been over this a thousand times on this site....you don't want to learn

P.S. And yes I do have soldering equipment you could borrow...you'd probably have to buy some solder though.
Yeah, that's just habit from doing emails all day. You are right though, I forgot it's in my sig.

Also, has nothing to do with a desire to learn stuff or even how hard it is for somebody who (as you presumably do) knows how to do it. So again, nothing to do with my desire to learn, you've just oversimplified something you don't fully understand, to try and make a point that's not valid.

Multiple things:
- Yes, I'm reluctant want to "learn" in a use-case that involves me potentially doing trial-&-error on the very object I want fixed. This isn't a lab, this isn't a classroom, I need this particular thing fixed. One take.

- I don't want to have to invest in materials and tools that I will likely never use again (since I have never had necessity to use them up until now). Soldering iron, solder, etc.

- My time is valuable. Yes, I've learned how to change the oil on my motorcycle and I know how to polish shoes. I choose to pay people to do these things for me, despite their relative lack of complexity.

I do value your input though, since it gives me a good opportunity to perfect my typing.

Quote Originally Posted by DrKnow65 View Post
You are looking at tiny soldering, the black cable on the left side is 4mm wide and the pin spacing is 0.1inch for size reference.

The board itself is a flight controller board for a remote control helicopter "Ardupilot".

What exactly are you needing soldered in the key fab?

(note, no winks at the guy who might think it means more than I think it does....)
Okay gotcha; make sense.

The part that I need soldered back onto the board is a relatively tiny diode/transistor/whatever, that performs the "click-to-unlock" on the key fob. I have it all taken apart already, and I can see where the click-to-lock transistor is still attached, but this other came loose from the board.

They're of course right under the buttons themselves when reassembled, and I think this may work - to just reattach it - because the the small transistor still clicks when I press it, but because it is no longer attached to the board, well.... Yeah.