Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Re: 2018 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Fox sports probably won’t get it again as they only broadcast like 1/2 the race cause they’re too busy making money from ads lol
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Fox sports probably won’t get it again as they only broadcast like 1/2 the race cause they’re too busy making money from ads lol
    I agree with that. I'd say that was the main drawback with Fox Sports, is they showed more BS ads than the race. At least with BeIN Sports, you got the whole race and even the parc ferme celebrations.

Not sure if you remember, but back in the day with the old Speed Channel/Speedvision. They would show the whole race and then the post race press conference as well. I used to think back then, that it was normal to see the post race interview conference. Then slowly it all started to change and the races would cut off and not show the interviews. I'd have to say it was right around when DORNA fully took over and started moving the post race conference to a couple hours after the race. So the only way to catch the interviews would be via the motogp.com subscription.

The good old days lol!!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Oh dude the days of speedvision were the shit even when F1 and WRC were worth watching. That channel was a proper petrol head channel
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Oh dude the days of speedvision were the shit even when F1 and WRC were worth watching. That channel was a proper petrol head channel
    Oh for sure it was great. I always looked forward to Two Wheel Tuesday where we got all things two wheels that day.

I will say, that I do enjoy the way Formula 1 is televised now. I know some may think that's crazy but I love the level of professionalism with ESPN sports, even better than NBCSports they had been on for the last few years. Least with F1, you get all the practices, Q1-Q3 and Race. They aren't as stingy with Formula 1 here.

But yeah, once Speedvision went away, just about all interest in any kind of two wheel racing went with it.

P.S.
    I honestly think if they brought back the old Speedvision and put all things racing back on that platform. It would flourish once again. I know many people were bummed to see the evolution of Speedvision go down the drain. Put it back to the way it first started and I bet people would love to have it back.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Has MotoGP just become a 2 person conversation here?? Racing is what both brought me to DirecTV and made me quit. When Speedvision was launched my cable company was not going to have it so I switched to then new DirecTV. 19 years later when MotoGP moved to BeIN Sports I left. While the upgrade to my package to add BeIN was a wash with the streaming package that devalued the rest of DirecTV. I was paying $100/month for basically DVR service and about 6 series a year I cant get with an antenna. A TiVo for DVR is less than $15/month and those 6 series on iTunes is about $180. I also discovered this year when I could watch Austin at a friends house I greatly prefer the world feed announcers to the ones on BeIN

Quote Originally Posted by longrider View Post
    Has MotoGP just become a 2 person conversation here?? Racing is what both brought me to DirecTV and made me quit. When Speedvision was launched my cable company was not going to have it so I switched to then new DirecTV. 19 years later when MotoGP moved to BeIN Sports I left. While the upgrade to my package to add BeIN was a wash with the streaming package that devalued the rest of DirecTV. I was paying $100/month for basically DVR service and about 6 series a year I cant get with an antenna. A TiVo for DVR is less than $15/month and those 6 series on iTunes is about $180. I also discovered this year when I could watch Austin at a friends house I greatly prefer the world feed announcers to the ones on BeIN
    I'm sure you've probably seen the motogp.com subscription. In my opinion it's well worth the price. I've been on a yearly subscription, where mine expires at the end of each racing season and then I renew in just before Winter testing of the next year. I still only pay $150 a year, and that gives me access to everything. All the extra content you can't get without the subscription. Plus all the FP's, Q1 and Q2, plus races. Not to mention all the old races, I believe you can go back as far as 1996 and watch old races. So it really is worth every penny if you use it a lot. I do, I go back and watch old races from time to time and catch all the other content that is offered.

Plus, I'm with you, I like motogp announcers way better. I miss Nick Harris as I enjoyed his commentary but the new guy isn't that bad.

Only issues I run into the subscription is streaming problems. Seems around some races, I have some issues with streaming but that could be a number of reasons.

And yes, MotoGP has become a two person conversation here
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

MotoGP pass is the way to go for the money after all is said and done. Cable TV is getting Uber overrated and programming gets worse and worse and it gets pricier and pricier.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Or just get a VPN, and download your shows/races for free on the internets and save a shit ton of money....
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

2019 Provisional Calendar

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2018/09/04/provisional-2019-calendar-released
    1. QATAR GP Losail International Circuit 10th MARCH *
    2. ARGENTINA GP Termas de Rio Hondo 31st MARCH
    3. AMERICAS GP Circuit of the Americas 14th APRIL
    4. SPANISH GP Circuito de Jerez-Ángel Nieto 05th MAY
    5. FRENCH GP Le Mans 19th MAY
    6. ITALIAN GP Autodromo di Mugello 02nd JUNE
    7. CATALUNYA GP Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya 16th JUNE
    8. DUTCH GP TT Circuit Assen 30th JUNE
    9. GERMAN GP Sachsenring 07th JULY
    10. CZECH GP Automotodrom Brno 04th AUGUST
    11. AUSTRIAN GP Red Bull Ring - Spielberg 11th AUGUST
    12. BRITISH GP Silverstone Circuit 25th AUGUST
    13. SAN MARINO GP Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli 15th SEPTEMBER
    14. ARAGON GP MotorLand Aragon 22nd SEPTEMBER
    15. THAI GP Chang International Circuit 06th OCTOBER
    16. JAPANESE GP Twin Ring Motegi 20th OCTOBER
    17. AUSTRALIAN GP Phillip Island Circuit 27th OCTOBER
    18. MALAYSIAN GP Sepang International Circuit 03rd NOVEMBER
    19. VALENCIA GP Circuit Ricardo Tormo 17th NOVEMBER

Last edited by salsashark; Tue Sep 4th, 2018 at 03:11 PM.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

They need Laguna back
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

That would be nice, but Laguna doesn't need MotoGP and their required track updates, so...

I will say this. Having been to GP at all three US locations, they're all strong and weak in different areas.

- Laguna Seca was great based on local, but the track's a nightmare to get in and out of. Felt like club racing after attending races at Indy.
    - Indy was way more professional, but given the size of the place, I can see why it didn't work. 80K people (IIRC was the most they ever saw for GP) barely made a dent in that place. All that infrastructure comes at a cost. It's too bad, because listening to the GP bikes screaming down the front straight was insane
    - COTA puts on a great show, but honestly the race is the most boring part. And I'm not just talking about 93 smoking the field... The track's designed for F1 first and foremost. So for bikes, it's just meh...

I'll keep going back though. The U.S. won't have a hope or prayer of ever seeing more than one race if they can't make COTA work.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

What is up with this renewed beef in between Rossi and Marquez? Thought they for the most part chilled out and moved on... more drama than the days of our lives saga yo
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

What is up with this renewed beef in between Rossi and Marquez? Thought they for the most part chilled out and moved on... more drama than the days of our lives saga yo
    Not sure, just got home after being out of town for two days and have seen all the BS on Motogp.com and crash.net about Marquez offering to shake hands and Rossi refusing, saying there is no need for a handshake as he feels there is nothing wrong.

I'm with you, thought they had moved on and put the aftermath of Argentina behind them.

Looks to me, that someone is wanting to stir the pot again on something that didn't need stirring.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Oh and the mind games begin man, watch FP2 lol. Márquez is back to how he was messing with Rossi at Sepang in 2015
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Oh and the mind games begin man, watch FP2 lol. Márquez is back to how he was messing with Rossi at Sepang in 2015
    geez, more garbage.....
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Yep, no idea where this is coming from. Makes no sense to me to be honest, things were nice and mellow and they had to stir the pot
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Yep, no idea where this is coming from. Makes no sense to me to be honest, things were nice and mellow and they had to stir the pot
    It doesn't add up, why stir the pot when things have been so quiet for months now. Was this a deflection from the meltdown that was Silverstone, or did DORNA just need to dick with things some more.

Honestly, this looks like it was staged by outside influences. It really doesn't make sense. Unless something has happened between those two behind the scenes and now it's spilling out and others are catching wind of it. But if nothing has happened, and I think if something had we would be hearing about it. Then to me, it does seem set up or staged to add BS to a feud that didn't need fuel added to it.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Yeah kind of looks like that a bit, as if they deliberately are trying to put peoples minds away from the whole Silveratone debacle #illuminati
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Man I'm sure glad all that private testing is really starting to pan out for Factory Yamaha. They are looking great right now. Some solid work is being done in that garage..
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Yeah at this point it’s gettibg beyond embarrassing for these guys, I don’t understand how you let your riders go out there and battle it out midpack with satellite bikes finishing in front. Some drastic changes need to happen from within cause the current team isn’t getting it done. Badass ride for Dovi, glad he took it. About to see another Marquez title unfold
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Yeah at this point it’s gettibg beyond embarrassing for these guys, I don’t understand how you let your riders go out there and battle it out midpack with satellite bikes finishing in front. Some drastic changes need to happen from within cause the current team isn’t getting it done. Badass ride for Dovi, glad he took it. About to see another Marquez title unfold

Yeah big congrats to Dovi. He did very well and brought it home nice and quiet. Thought for a moment that Lorenzo and Marquez would pull him back in. I have to congratulate all of the front three. Even Lorenzo was really dicing it up and looking fast.

Nothing can be said for Yamaha at the moment. They flat suck and nothing is going to change that. They have a terrible bike and the results they are achieving are what they deserve. They've gone from a championship winning bike to a mid-pack POS. If they keep this kind of pace up, they'll struggle for top 10's.

Honestly, if Yamaha can't get their act together and produce something that their riders can use. Then in my opinion, both riders should leave. Rossi needs to retire, because at this point his legacy is taking a beating. He's looking slow and lame and can't produce squat. Yeah everyone can say he's been 2nd in the championship, and that's because everyone else is crashing. But unless Yamaha make a big turn around and he's got something he can be fast on, then I'd tell Yamaha to shove that bike in their ass.

And Vinales, I feel bad for the guy. He had it made with Suzuki and I think would have been a contender with that bike built and made just for him. He's still fast and I think he would have been winning if he stayed with Suzuki. Look at Rins, he's producing some solid results and I don't think he's as fast as Vinales.

What's worse is Aragon is next and Yamaha might as well not even show up for that one. They always get stomped in Aragon. Only one who could win there was Lorenzo. I foresee "ZERO" wins for Yamaha this year. Maybe that's what they need to finally pull their head out and do whatever it is they need to do to become competitive again. Because at this point, some heads need to roll and some asses need to be kicked for these results....

Yeah, we're seeing another title for Marquez. Really, he's earned it and done what was needed to become champion again. He's won races and taken points when needed. The only issue was his stupid riding earlier in the season where he was barging into everyone. He's cleaned it up a bit and is riding better.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Not sure if anyone caught the stunt Fenati pulled during the Moto2 race, which subsequently got him black flagged and handed a two race ban. Now, there are rumblings I'm reading that MV Agusta may cancel their contract with him next year.

That was a dick move, and regardless of what was happening before the incident. Grabbing a brake lever of another racer on a straight could have caused catastrophic failure and seriously injured the rider. Not sure a two race ban will fix him, I think at a bare minimum a ban for the rest of the season is what he needs. He's no stranger to incidents and has done several throughout the years.

Move was totally uncool....
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Yeah that was crazy but that’s good ol’ Fenati, that dude has always been a straight hot head. If it costs him his new contract, be it. Just when you thought he chilled out and learned from his mistakes that cost him the seat at VR46, gets the MV contract and fucks it up
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Yep both his contracts terminated
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1