Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 61314151617 LastLast

Thread: 2018 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Re: 2018 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Good race, too bad for Bezzecchi.
    Blair
    2000 GSX750F, 2003 YZ450F, 2004 GSXR750, 2006 ZX-14
    2013 CBR500R, 2016 YZF-R6 - MRA #760

Yeah no doubt, gutted for the kid as he was doing well too before the incident which may have cost him the championship. What a ride by Viñales and Bautista man, Bautista just shut a lot of mouths too after he was being lit up for being the replacement choice to Lorenzo. Not sure what to think of Rossi, is almost like they found some answers for Viñales but nearly like Yamaha is trying to push the old dog out and perhaps move onto the next rider who will take his seat. Even though he signed until 2020 but if things keep going the way they are, wouldn’t surprise me if Rossi will bail from his contract before time. He tries to salvage some type of a performance with all those issues round after round but even the most experienced riders have their limits.
    Last edited by madvlad; Sun Oct 28th, 2018 at 12:10 AM.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Yeah no doubt, gutted for the kid as he was doing well too before the incident which may have cost him the championship. What a ride by Viñales and Bautista man, Bautista just shut a lot of mouths too after he was being lit up for being the replacement choice to Lorenzo. Not sure what to think of Rossi, is almost like they found some answers for Viñales but nearly like Yamaha is trying to push the old dog out and perhaps move onto the next rider who will take his seat. Even though he signed until 2020 but if things keep going the way they are, wouldn’t surprise me if Rossi will bail from his contract before time. He tries to salvage some type of a performance with all those issues round after round but even the most experienced riders have their limits.
    I didn't stay up to watch the GP. Was too tired to stay up(had a long week). Just watched the race and big congrats to Vinales!! Finally broke the winless streak. Bautista did well as did all the front guys. They were dicing it up for positions. Iannone was all over the place though. The contact between Zarco and Marquez was wicked, that could have ended way worse than it did.

Everyone looked good except one rider. Rossi, man he looked terrible this weekend. He gave a barely solid performance and really didn't show any potential. Vinales blew his paint off and basically so did everyone else. Which it's good to see Yamaha snap that winless streak but kind of a let down that it wasn't Rossi to do it. He's been the one to carry the Yamaha flag all season long only to get jived out of the first Yamaha win.

The performance between his bike and Vinales were miles apart. Rossi couldn't get a sniff the whole race. Just seemed completely out of it.

I agree, Rossi may be finally getting the hint that it's time to move on from Yamaha. Like to see him win a few more races and at least beat Ago's all time record but if he keeps riding like he did in Phillip Island, then all he can ask for are top 6's, and that's lame...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Yeah man that crash was insane, if that bike wouldn’t have hit Marc’s rear tire coming down making it bounce left, Iannone would have gotten the worst of that incident as on first contact and bounce you see it trying to veer towards the race line. Considering the speed of the crash definitely glad nobody got hurt. That could have ended in catastrophe
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Best race in awhile. Happy to see the 25 bike working again. Looked like the Suzuki still had more left at the end though. Appeared enough of zarco's bike hit marc to break the rear subframe?
    "On a cycle the frame is gone. You're completely in contact with it all. You're in the scene, not just watching it anymore, and the sense of presence is overwhelming.” Pirsig

I still foresee Yamaha struggling next race as Sepang has never been their forte and even less now with all the grip issues and with the scorching heat, they will run into all kinds of grip issues.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

I still foresee Yamaha struggling next race as Sepang has never been their forte and even less now with all the grip issues and with the scorching heat, they will run into all kinds of grip issues.
    Rossi likes Sepang though, seems to do well there. Thing about Sepang is it has a little bit of everything. Hard braking, long straights, fast sweepers so it's a track for everyone. But I agree, if it's hot and we know it will be. Yamaha will struggle with it.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by Okrapp View Post
    Best race in awhile. Happy to see the 25 bike working again. Looked like the Suzuki still had more left at the end though. Appeared enough of zarco's bike hit marc to break the rear subframe?
    If you saw when Marquez got to the pit, he wiggled the back of the bike and everything from tank cover back moved when he messed with it. That and the crash by Dani didn't help Honda in their 'triple crown' pursuit.
    Blair

Yeah man that crash was insane, if that bike wouldn’t have hit Marc’s rear tire coming down making it bounce left, Iannone would have gotten the worst of that incident as on first contact and bounce you see it trying to veer towards the race line. Considering the speed of the crash definitely glad nobody got hurt. That could have ended in catastrophe
    Yea, the view from Iannone's bike is crazy. Zarco got lucky that he was sliding on the grass, I think going through the gravel at that speed would of turned into a wicked tumble.
    Blair

Not looking as horrible as I thought for Yamaha so far on FP1 but we'll see. I will have to say man if I'm very impressed with Miller this season and he's looking to finish super strong, wouldn't surprise me if he takes over the factory seat if he keeps riding this way after the year contract that Petrucci has since Petrux doesn't seem to have much as of late, this kid has come a very long way and has shown why they signed him straight from Moto3. Wouldn't surprise me seeing Lorenzo call it for the weekend and Ducati calling in Pirro to score some points, props for him trying but Ducati can't afford to lose points mainly after HRC didn't score squat last round and they closed the gap real good. Would have been cool to see Bautista on that thing one more time, he rode extremely well at P.I. Guess we'll see how the weekend develops here since we all know weather can change like crazy at this place. Should be a good weekend of racing across all classes yet again but mainly on 3 and 2 given championships are on the line.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Thanks Michelin, your tires f**kin suck!!!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Yeah man that soft tire was a huge gamble with how hard he pushed from the start and their usual lack of grip, although I am surprised it lasted as long as it did and I’m sure the pressure from MM didn’t help the matter. Good to see a bit of light at the end of the tunnel from Yamaha even though a bit late but well at least something to work with for next year to bring the fight on. Cool to see Pescao 10th from last in front of his crowd man, bet that was a pretty special moment. Rins keeps getting stronger and stronger with each race, he’s in a very impressive form considering how underdeveloped the Suzuki is in comparison to the rest of the factory teams. Can’t believe the Ducati’s struggled so much as this is their turf as well
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

I was rooting for Rossi, but I think he saw MM93 getting closer and just pushed a little too hard. Hopefully he can be up front for the last round as well.
    Blair

Yeah man that soft tire was a huge gamble with how hard he pushed from the start and their usual lack of grip, although I am surprised it lasted as long as it did and I’m sure the pressure from MM didn’t help the matter. Good to see a bit of light at the end of the tunnel from Yamaha even though a bit late but well at least something to work with for next year to bring the fight on. Cool to see Pescao 10th from last in front of his crowd man, bet that was a pretty special moment. Rins keeps getting stronger and stronger with each race, he’s in a very impressive form considering how underdeveloped the Suzuki is in comparison to the rest of the factory teams. Can’t believe the Ducati’s struggled so much as this is their turf as well
    I'm not so sure it was completely Marquez pressure. Rossi mentioned in his comments(take it with a grain of salt for those that doubt) that he didn't do anything different in that corner and was riding the same as every lap before. He said, he knew Marquez was coming and was more than ready for a fight to the end.

What I really think it is and it always has been since 2016. And it's those God awful Michelin tires that everyone is plagued with. Even Lorenzo earlier in the year, when he crashed said he didn't change anything the bike just lost it. I know it's happened to Dovi as well. Really it happens to everyone, even look at the saves Marquez made(4 or 5). It just seems that the Honda's handle the crappy tire better(if they can keep it cool).

So what I think we witnessed, was just another rider in a long list of riders that has gotten jived by a bad Michelin tire.

I think they really(DORNA) need to reconsider going back to the old 990 days of multiple tire companies in the series. Michelin has been given more than enough time to get it right and they still can't.

See here's what I hate to see. I can't stand to see a race or even a season long championship being decided by a damn tire. And that's what we are getting more often then not. The tire should be the last component that anyone looks to as a consumable that will fail. Races should come down to rider, bike, setup and so forth. Not a damn tire!! And it's getting old.

Thing with Ducati struggling is typical. I think the fact that Yamaha haven't been there is why we see more of Ducati. If not, then we wouldn't be seeing all the Honda v. Ducati battles. Yamaha would be in the mix then. Certainly Ducati have greatly improved but I think once Yamaha find their way. It will be more Honda v. Yamaha, and I think we will start seeing Suzuki in the mix more and more. Suzuki's second half of the season has looked very good and they have a bright path to go on.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Next season is cooking up to be pretty good and what not, did you also see the twitter post by Lorenzo about Rossi? Never in my life would have I thought he would genuinely compliment Rossi, I am still in awe about that comment. Did hell freeze over?
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Next season is cooking up to be pretty good and what not, did you also see the twitter post by Lorenzo about Rossi? Never in my life would have I thought he would genuinely compliment Rossi, I am still in awe about that comment. Did hell freeze over?
    I did read it, very gracious and respectful. Coming from Lorenzo, I'm sure he meant it. That's one the guy is and that's honest about everything. Up until the 2015 incident where Lorenzo went running to race direction, I had always had respect for Jorge. So maybe he's starting to grow a little bit in life.

I think also Lorenzo is well aware of what Rossi can do if it all comes together for him. Same with Lorenzo, or Pedrosa even. If the stars all align for them, they are all unbeatable when it's their day.

I think with Marquez, he's enjoying what Rossi enjoyed during his prime. One he's riding at the top of his game and two he's got the best bike under him that allows him to do whatever he wants with it. I keep reading comment after comment from those morons on Crash.net, who keep saying that Yamaha or Ducati are the best bikes. It's clear that the Honda is the best, because it's designed for Marquez and him alone. Everyone always says, well look at the rest of the other Honda riders. Can't compare, Dani is on his way out and Cal isn't really that good. Besides, the Honda isn't made for them, it's made for Marquez. Same with Rossi back in 2004, the M1 was made for him and him alone.

I think that's one reason why we don't see the domination of Rossi anymore or the domination of Stoner. These teams are trying to be nice and make a bike that everyone can ride. But I would be willing to bet good money that if Yamaha gave a bike that was exactly what Rossi asked for. He'd probably trounce everyone on the grid. They did just that back in 2004 and 2005 and Rossi trounced everyone on the grid back then. His wins back then were effortless, the same as we see with Marquez today. See Honda are still operating on the old ways, build a bike for the best rider. Pedrosa was supposed to be the successor to the crown when Rossi left(but he never materialized). Stoner came and went, so now they have Marquez.

Yamaha's conundrum is they don't want to give Rossi the bike he needs because he's only got two more years anyways. Even if he took the crown once more, he will retire and then what? Back to the drawing board for their new guy(or Maverick). So Yamaha are clearly stuck in a rock and a hard place. Rossi is still fast enough to be competitive but they are waiting for Vinales to pull his head out and start winning as they see him as the future.

The reason I say all this. Look back to 2016, and look at the beating Rossi handed Lorenzo and Marquez at Jerez and Catalunya. Scorching hot conditions but he punished them the whole race, in both cases. Sure he only won two races that year but clearly Rossi was the fastest guy on the grid. He was almost so fast to the point where he was years ago, where he could summon extra speed at will just to win a race. Look at the way he toyed with everyone in Mugello of 2016, right up until his bike crapped out on him and blew an engine. Everyone knew, it was a matter of when and not if Rossi decided to pull the pin and smoke everyone there.

But for whatever reason, and I don't know why. Rossi just can't seem to find that mojo again. He can't get a bike that's worth a damn anymore. The tires suck and the spec ECU is being exploited. And he just keeps getting older and older every year.

Rossi just doesn't have the "It" factor anymore. Rossi himself still has that "It" factor, he always will. He just has "It". But nothing else around him has that "It" factor anymore. His old M1 used to be the bike that just had that "It" factor about it. The tires from yesteryear just used to have that "It" factor about them.

Now everything just feels like s**t, and that's the vibe I get from watching it all. Nothing jives anymore for Rossi. The guy is still blisteringly fast and I know could punish Marquez given the right bike but for whatever reason it just isn't there or isn't happening.

We know it isn't the age that's a problem. At 39, he threw everyone on the grid(except for Marquez) a proper beating today in Sepang. And like I say, I don't think the crash was entirely his fault. It wasn't the pressure from Marquez, I just think the Michelin tires did what Michelin tires always do and that's suck.

So, if I had anything to say to Rossi and give him words of encouragement, because I know he's devastated by the crash. I'd say, look at all the positives of the race. He punished everyone on the grid, at a track that the Yamaha isn't supposed to go fast at, in the searing heat of Sepang, on a bike that's been clearly sucking hind tit, and with tires that are known to crap out at any given moment. He then pushed the current world champion to ride his ass off to catch him on a bike that's clearly better than the M1.

So I'd say without the crash of today. There's a lot for everyone else to worry about come 2019 if Yamaha gives Rossi the bike he really needs. Because Rossi did today what Lorenzo normally does and that's hammer out lap after lap within a tenth the whole race long. That shows intense and uninterrupted focus on a very high level.

Rossi needs to finish 2018 off and then the whole winter, needs to train and train and train some more. He needs Rocky IV style of focused training, where he can go and think about nothing other than Marquez and beating Marquez. Rossi needs to put a little paper picture of Marquez on the mirror and look at it every day and when he gets to a point where he's ready to battle, go and crumple that picture up. He then need some bad ass 80's music and training montage to go with it all.

LOL! all joking aside, that's honestly what Rossi really needs to do. Go somewhere, train and train and think of nothing but Marquez. Because I guarantee you, that's what Marquez has done.

Come on Rossi!!! get up, he's no machine, I didn't hear no bell. One more round...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Yeah while it is a hard situation for Yamaha but again if they knew that this time was going to come then why even bother signing Rossi until 2020? Perhaps they should have just moved on from him which I am sure he would have been fine with if they would have just stated that they were looking to develop the bike around a younger prospect and shoot for the future. Another thing that makes me question Yamaha quite a bit is that if your riders have a chance at winning races/titles why not do everything possible to help them achieve it, instead of playing that bs presidential compliance game.

As a factory whenever you sign a rider, it will always be a gamble, hell look at what happened with Lorenzo and Ducati, they threw insane money his way on both contract and R&R and ended in technically nothing but Dovi outperforming him for the most part. You have to pay to play as they say and if developing the bike a bit better around a certain rider in this case Rossi, can give him a chance to win, it is a win win for both the rider and manufacturer, don't see how doing what they're doing now is beneficial at all.

Back when Lorenzo came in and when Rossi had developed the M1, Yamaha lucked out because both riders fit the bike nearly perfectly but that won't always be the case. Rossi and Mav ride that M1 absolutely differently and that's where I agree with you on the HRC move on developing the bike for the rider and rider alone as it should be anyways, each rider differs too much and they need certain settings and parts to be specifically tailored to their riding needs as the season goes on, again makes no sense to me that Yamaha signed Rossi for 2 more years just out of maybe sympathy? Maybe they want to keep him at bay cause they didn't want to jeopardize their future after GP plans with Rossi as a rider coach/developer? Yamaha makes too much money off his name alone just cause he rides for them so I'm sure that probably had something to do with it and what not but still bs that they have to treat it that way, that's the part of the politics in anything that sucks major ass. Would have rather had Yamaha cut ties as a rider and been straight up with him instead of making him look like a fool but what's funny is that even on a broken down bike he still manages to deliver results 9/10 times unlike Maverick, can't beat his experience whether people like to admit it or not and just the race in Sepang shows how dedicated he still is to this sport, it is unreal that Yamaha took this long to deliver answers, maybe they were hoping he would take the bait and opt out of his contract? I don't know... it's all speculation at this point but it does make you wonder.

Marquez is having the time of his life and well he might as well enjoy it while it lasts. He has also lucked out that he has steered clear of any major injuries but with as much as he's pushing, not sure how much longer it will be until his luck runs out (no, I'm not wishing anything bad upon the guy whatsoever but anyone who understands this sport knows what I'm talking about). Which also brings the questions such as, how will he do when shit does hit the fan and he struggles for the first time in a while? What if he decides to switch rides at some point past 2020? I mean I am sure HRC wants to keep him forever since he's killing it for them but I'm sure as a rider he's after Rossi's records and everything he has done to knotch his name above Rossi even though that will never happen even if he surpasses the records and such. Just the fact that Rossi rode in multiple bikes and in different eras and was successful through most of it except with this Ducati stint cause well let's not lie to each other, nobody but Stoner was able to figure that POS bike out, even Lorenzo would have probably struggled worse than Rossi did if that bike had remained in that same level when he switched, Ducati at that point was beyond saving and guess Rossi thought they would listen to him like Yamaha did but well we all know how that went... While Marquez is close to the records and all of that but again to me it's the fact that he hasn't really been tested and came into an amazing bike just like Lorenzo and is reaping the rewards without the workhorse work. Ultimately for me it will come down to a few years from now when perhaps technologies and bikes change and he has to make drastic adjustments and if he perhaps remains successful then I will retract my words but until then, Rossi and Agostini remain in a league of their own based on their achievements on insanely different machinery in dire comparison to what he rides today and how much electronics keep him on the seat.

I'm sure Rossi will try to give it his all this upcoming year and if so both years if things go well next season and he doesn't opt out of his last year. I'm sure Yamaha is licking their chops with all of the upcoming talent from moto3-2 and also with the Petronas SIC team coming up in which those two riders also pose a threat to more Maverick than Rossi of course, however it is up to Maverick to attempt to ride around the problem instead of playing the victim aka Lorenzo card. That's another thing you have to admire about Rossi, he encounters problems, he looks for answers, not excuses and delivers 9/10.

Lorenzo's comment was rather surprising and still is, maybe this stint at Ducati has shown him that he is not impervious and he is more vulnerable than ever. Had to take a huge paycut for HRC to even consider him as well and get a mouthful of humility to remain in the paddock. He is a rider of great skill, no doubt about that but his lack of respect and no shortage of excuses is what bothers me about that guy, hell the fact that he blamed Marquez for his current condition is absolute dog shit

All in all many questions and thoughts arise in this subject just due to all the moving parts but next season will prove to see if Yamaha is truly trying or if they are just playing boss in their cubicle and hoping things sort themselves out aka Rossi leaves earlier so they can focus on the future. Only time will tell... for the time being grandpa Rossi is shutting some mouths up still and oh in what ways.
    Last edited by madvlad; Sun Nov 4th, 2018 at 06:10 PM.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Yeah while it is a hard situation for Yamaha but again if they knew that this time was going to come then why even bother signing Rossi until 2020? Perhaps they should have just moved on from him which I am sure he would have been fine with if they would have just stated that they were looking to develop the bike around a younger prospect and shoot for the future. Another thing that makes me question Yamaha quite a bit is that if your riders have a chance at winning races/titles why not do everything possible to help them achieve it, instead of playing that bs presidential compliance game.

As a factory whenever you sign a rider, it will always be a gamble, hell look at what happened with Lorenzo and Ducati, they threw insane money his way on both contract and R&R and ended in technically nothing but Dovi outperforming him for the most part. You have to pay to play as they say and if developing the bike a bit better around a certain rider in this case Rossi, can give him a chance to win, it is a win win for both the rider and manufacturer, don't see how doing what they're doing now is beneficial at all.

Back when Lorenzo came in and when Rossi had developed the M1, Yamaha lucked out because both riders fit the bike nearly perfectly but that won't always be the case. Rossi and Mav ride that M1 absolutely differently and that's where I agree with you on the HRC move on developing the bike for the rider and rider alone as it should be anyways, each rider differs too much and they need certain settings and parts to be specifically tailored to their riding needs as the season goes on, again makes no sense to me that Yamaha signed Rossi for 2 more years just out of maybe sympathy? Maybe they want to keep him at bay cause they didn't want to jeopardize their future after GP plans with Rossi as a rider coach/developer? Yamaha makes too much money off his name alone just cause he rides for them so I'm sure that probably had something to do with it and what not but still bs that they have to treat it that way, that's the part of the politics in anything that sucks major ass. Would have rather had Yamaha cut ties as a rider and been straight up with him instead of making him look like a fool but what's funny is that even on a broken down bike he still manages to deliver results 9/10 times unlike Maverick, can't beat his experience whether people like to admit it or not and just the race in Sepang shows how dedicated he still is to this sport, it is unreal that Yamaha took this long to deliver answers, maybe they were hoping he would take the bait and opt out of his contract? I don't know... it's all speculation at this point but it does make you wonder.

Marquez is having the time of his life and well he might as well enjoy it while it lasts. He has also lucked out that he has steered clear of any major injuries but with as much as he's pushing, not sure how much longer it will be until his luck runs out (no, I'm not wishing anything bad upon the guy whatsoever but anyone who understands this sport knows what I'm talking about). Which also brings the questions such as, how will he do when shit does hit the fan and he struggles for the first time in a while? What if he decides to switch rides at some point past 2020? I mean I am sure HRC wants to keep him forever since he's killing it for them but I'm sure as a rider he's after Rossi's records and everything he has done to knotch his name above Rossi even though that will never happen even if he surpasses the records and such. Just the fact that Rossi rode in multiple bikes and in different eras and was successful through most of it except with this Ducati stint cause well let's not lie to each other, nobody but Stoner was able to figure that POS bike out, even Lorenzo would have probably struggled worse than Rossi did if that bike had remained in that same level when he switched, Ducati at that point was beyond saving and guess Rossi thought they would listen to him like Yamaha did but well we all know how that went... While Marquez is close to the records and all of that but again to me it's the fact that he hasn't really been tested and came into an amazing bike just like Lorenzo and is reaping the rewards without the workhorse work. Ultimately for me it will come down to a few years from now when perhaps technologies and bikes change and he has to make drastic adjustments and if he perhaps remains successful then I will retract my words but until then, Rossi and Agostini remain in a league of their own based on their achievements on insanely different machinery in dire comparison to what he rides today and how much electronics keep him on the seat.

I'm sure Rossi will try to give it his all this upcoming year and if so both years if things go well next season and he doesn't opt out of his last year. I'm sure Yamaha is licking their chops with all of the upcoming talent from moto3-2 and also with the Petronas SIC team coming up in which those two riders also pose a threat to more Maverick than Rossi of course, however it is up to Maverick to attempt to ride around the problem instead of playing the victim aka Lorenzo card. That's another thing you have to admire about Rossi, he encounters problems, he looks for answers, not excuses and delivers 9/10.

Lorenzo's comment was rather surprising and still is, maybe this stint at Ducati has shown him that he is not impervious and he is more vulnerable than ever. Had to take a huge paycut for HRC to even consider him as well and get a mouthful of humility to remain in the paddock. He is a rider of great skill, no doubt about that but his lack of respect and no shortage of excuses is what bothers me about that guy, hell the fact that he blamed Marquez for his current condition is absolute dog shit

All in all many questions and thoughts arise in this subject just due to all the moving parts but next season will prove to see if Yamaha is truly trying or if they are just playing boss in their cubicle and hoping things sort themselves out aka Rossi leaves earlier so they can focus on the future. Only time will tell... for the time being grandpa Rossi is shutting some mouths up still and oh in what ways.
    I think for Lorenzo, he has been humbled a bit with the Ducati. I also think he knows that it's a way different bike than what Rossi had in 11' and 12', and I think he knows that it took him way longer to produce on a bike that was years ahead of the old and more competitive. Basically, Lorenzo walked into a race winning bike with the Ducati(and championship winning bike with Yamaha).

Course everyone says, well Rossi was handed a race winning bike from Stoner. True, but sort of. Stoner didn't win on the 2010 Ducati until the last 4 or 5 races of the 2010 season. For most of the season though, he was in the doldrums like Rossi and Maverick are this year. And anyone objective can't deny that the Ducati was winning less and less after 2007 and 2008. Stoner just couldn't get it to work as well as he did those two years. And he was the only who could ride the Ducati that is for sure.

So I think some of Lorenzo's humility and admiration is that Rossi is the been there, done that kind of guy. He's ridden for multiple manufactures, he's won on different bikes and he's doing so while at 39. So there's a lot to admire.

As to your comments on why Yamaha keep Rossi around. Plain and simple, he makes them money and pulled them out of nowhere when he came back. Remember they didn't even have a main sponsor for 2011, 2012 or 2013. Rossi brought Monster and helped to bring Movistar. He's also done plenty of PR work for them and over in Asia alone, they love Rossi and it has sold tons of Yamaha bikes.

So the easy answer is, Rossi is Yamaha's cash cow and they won't let him go, til he says he's done. I also agree with you, they don't want to ruffle his feathers either as he's surely going to use their bikes for his satellite project if/when it starts. So that's more M1's on the grid.

I do agree with you as well, it is bush-league that they won't develop the bike around one rider. And I can see their plight. If they develop around Vinales, well then they let Rossi flounder and his legacy takes a beating. If they develop around Rossi, then it means they are crapping on their new young gun and he's got an ego to feed as well. So Vinales would get mad and leave. Then everyone would wonder why would you develop around an old guy anyway?

So they are in a tough spot having Rossi around. It's even tougher because he's so competitive and fast. And I think they know if they gave him the perfect bike he'd be even more competitive and maybe even dominant. But that goes back to my point earlier, sure they can give him the bike he wants but then what? He gets his 10th and you know he'll retire after that. So they look at it as, well we won the title again but now we have to start from scratch again.

Myself?? I would give the guy what he needs and see if he really can achieve his former glory and dominance. If he does(and I'm sure he would, at least he'd win more) then they could ride the glory of his success. I'm sure if Rossi won his 10th title with Yamaha, they could ride that wave for a few years while they go back to the drawing board with a new rider to build around. And knowing Yamaha, yeah they would milk that 10th title for a long time.

Look at it this way, if they really did develop the perfect bike for Rossi. Chances are he'd get that 10th title and for sure he'd get the all time win record. If he achieved both(10th + all time wins) then that's just more success to milk and dollar bills coming in.

But I know Yamaha all too well, and they ain't about to do that... They'd rather throw sh*t against the wall and see what sticks...
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Sun Nov 4th, 2018 at 08:19 PM. Reason: typos
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

What are your guys thoughts on the Moto-e class being added for next season? Can’t believe DePuniet, Terol, Gibernau and Canepa will be racing again, that’s insane
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

What are your guys thoughts on the Moto-e class being added for next season? Can’t believe DePuniet, Terol, Gibernau and Canepa will be racing again, that’s insane
    Should be good enough I think. 10 laps and gives the chance for some of the other guys to run in it. Can't say as I think it will be the future of MotoGP anytime soon(least not for another 50 years, I hope).

The positives that I take away from is I think it's a cool concept and a great idea to try to see what new technology it can unlock. The negatives are that I'm hoping this isn't some SJW(social justice warrior) BS being rammed down our throats and that it's some left wing way to curb motorcycle racing into a more beta form of "everyone gets a star" mindset. Also that it would paint gasoline engines as bad and the new Moto-E is here to save the world.

When it comes to MotoGP and Formula 1, I couldn't care less about the world or the environment. I want to see pinnacle of modern engineering of bikes and cars. I want loud and fast machines, and machines that guzzle fuel in order to crank out the kind of performance they can achieve. MotoGP and Formula 1 are about opulence and everything that goes with it. That's what I love about the sports. The grandiose, larger than life atmosphere it brings. If I want to save energy, I'll just take shorter showers and turns off lights in rooms I'm not in(which by the way I do).

I think 2019 will be a good year for bike racing. I might(that's a big might) even spring for the WSBK subscription just to see if Rea can stomp everyone again.

But I think for those mentioned and those to come in Moto-E, will help usher in a new class and hopefully some good racing to go with it.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

It would be great if Pedrosa could win this weekend, it's been interesting to see the videos of his career and his interviews. I think he easily tops the list of most successful riders who never won a premier class title.
    Blair

Quote Originally Posted by blaircsf View Post
    It would be great if Pedrosa could win this weekend, it's been interesting to see the videos of his career and his interviews. I think he easily tops the list of most successful riders who never won a premier class title.
    Yeah man I sure hope he goes out with a bang and Honda can deliver a good set up for him at his last hoorah. The grid won’t be the same without him.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Jesus man that went south and in a colossal way for Rossi, ouch... has his work cut out for him tomorrow
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Jesus man that went south and in a colossal way for Rossi, ouch... has his work cut out for him tomorrow
    I haven't watched Q1/2 sessions, but seeing Rossi so far down the list. He's lucky to crack top 10 tomorrow. Vinales will probably win the race. Rossi is burned out man, he needs to finish this season and just start over next year. Really can't blame him, he's had a crappy year and even being in the hunt for 3rd in the championship is nothing to be proud of considering the only reason he's there is cause everyone has crashed. I myself, wouldn't be proud of 2nd or 3rd and no wins to show for it. That just means he's collected points when everyone else has dumped it.

He needs to do some serious soul searching over the winter break and see if he really wants to keep it up. In my opinion his only goal for next year should be getting wins. The hell with even thinking about the championship or even where he's at. If he can't stand on the top step, then there's no reason to keep it going.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"