Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Re: 2018 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

That was an interesting article, but it left out several pieces of Crutchlow's interview. Primarily that he has asked Honda to develop a full factory effort to race AMA. Which begs the question, would Honda really shell out the cash for a factory race team for MotoAmerica? Crutchlow or not?
    Last edited by salsashark; Fri May 4th, 2018 at 11:26 AM.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    Please not Pedro on an Aprilia!!!
    I don't know man, Pedrosa may be what Aprilia needs. Someone who is seasoned and knows how to go fast and is alien caliber. Now, does that mean Pedrosa will win right away on a Aprilia, I don't think so. I think he would need a season or two in order to make it a race winning bike. I think he would get podiums with it. A. Espargaro has shown glimpses of the bike being fast at times and he's no where near Pedrosa. I think Aprilia might be making a bid for serious riders for the future.

Really when you think about it, Aprilia and KTM need to attract top tier riders in order to move their development of their bikes forward and make them race winning machines.

Look at what Suzuki did with Vinales. They got podiums and win in Silverstone. All they needed was the right rider on their bike and it showed they had a fast bike and it was developing. Which is why I think Vinales should have stayed with Suzuki, they could have made him such a great bike, that may have taken several seasons to develop into a Championship contender bike, it would however with Vinales on it been a race winning contender bike every year.

There's race winning bikes and championship contending bike. At the moment only three manufactures are contesting for the championship(Honda, Ducati and Yamaha<---sort of).

But I dare say that if you had the right riders on the right bikes, it would be possible to see manufactures like KTM, Aprilia and Suzuki all winning races here and there.

I mean if Suzuki can win at Silverstone and that's a very large and horsepower driven track. Then I think they could win in places like Misano, Sachsenring, Assen and Phillip Island where it's more about flow and fluidity than outright grunt. Even put up a valiant effort in Sepang with the right rider.

Back to Pedrosa and Aprilia. He may get on that bike and shock a few people at a track or two. "IF" he goes to Aprilia that is.

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Highly doubt Ducati will let Dovi go, there is talk they may bring back Iannone over there. Miller is definitely on route to earn a factory seat there, that Ducati fits him great. I don’t see Dani going anywhere to be honest until Honda either brings the other Marquez brother with or some other young upcoming talent that would be okay playing hookie to MM which is probably the reason they didn’t pursue Zarco. Crutchlow being as inconsistent as he is I doubt he will be offered the factory seat.
    That's a hard one, Iannone coming back would be a retread and bringing back a rider that Dovi doesn't exactly like. I will say Iannone's style fits the Ducati moreso than on the Suzuki. He's just aggressive enough to ride the Ducati hard. He stomped everyone in Austria in his last year on the Ducati.

And from what I've read Dovi doesn't seem to enthused to be dealing with Ducati and the way they are dragging out negotiations. Maybe he's got a great poker face or maybe he's just really ticked with Ducati. Who knows at this point but I think the possibility of him leaving Ducati vs staying is about 50/50 at this point.

I read Zarco didn't want to be Marquez' teammate. Basically, something to the effect that being his teammate would be very hard to stomach. Which either means, he'd have to play 2nd fiddle, or have to deal with being his flunky or the fact that Marquez is just a dickbag and he didn't want to deal with him.

That was an interesting article, but it left out several pieces of Crutchlow's interview. Primarily that he has asked Honda to develop a full factory effort to race AMA. Which begs the question, would Honda really shell out the cash for a factory race team for MotoAmerica? Crutchlow or not?
    Could be Honda may be taking aim at MotoAmerica but highly doubt it. Their too busy with MotoGP and getting their ass kicked out of Formula 1.

Think back to when the AMA was actually huge and cool(Mladin and Nicky Hayden days). No one posed a threat to Suzuki back in those days and it wasn't until Suzuki left for a time that the Yamaha's picked up the scraps and won. But how hard is it to win when you have five guys running Superbikes and the rest are Superstocks.

MotoAmerica is cool and I like it but I'll be honest and say it doesn't hold a sniff to the old AMA. The old AMA actually cultivated some really good riders and sent them overseas to do battle with the worlds best. Now look at it, MotoAmerica is a place for foreigners to come and cherry pick results. As cool as it was to see Suzuki win the title again, we all know Elias is a cut above everyone else in that series and it's because of his experience in MotoGP. I mean the guy has actually beaten Valentino Rossi in a race(Estoril 2006). So it didn't surprise me that he was a serious contender in his first year in MotoAmerica, at tracks he'd never seen. Then in his second year(last year) he just pushed everyone's sh*t in with a bike that was more developed around him.

Back in the day the old AMA was right up there in the ranks with BSB and even close to WSBK. Now, it's more of a spring board for new talent and a place for the old guys to come and let their careers finish. I think what Wayne Rainey is doing is outstanding and bringing more awareness to the American side of the sport but I sure wish something would come along and help it get back to it's old glory days of the 90's and early 2000's.

I will say my favorite in the old AMA were the Superstock and Supersport categories. Bone stock showroom bikes, with a little mods and guys took them racing. I liked Superbike as well with Mladin, Duhamel, Hayden and etc. but the lower categories were always cool.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Well add Miguel Oliveira to the Tech 3 squad for next year. That leaves one seat at Tech 3 still up for grabs.

Super fast lap from Crutchlow. He does have sparks of brilliance at times. Don't really see him in the race tomorrow though.

Also, here we go again with Team Yamaha. I really don't know what their problem is, other than it might be electronic problems with engine management for the rear tire. Because once again, they are eating up the rear when it gets hot.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Well that was interesting. Crashlow doing what Crashlow does best. But what happened to everyone else? There is going to be some heated words at Ducati for sure. Really it was just a racing incident. All three guys were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. But this won't do Dovi's and Lorenzo's relationship any good.

Congrats to Marquez for running a clean and fast race, at least he's riding well and honest.

Team Yamaha, what can I say!! congrats again you've managed to push your research and development of the M1 backwards. Factory Yamaha have done well to stop battling for race wins and now battling mid pack satellite teams. This is a great display of having goals and letting no one tell you that you can't achieve them. If fighting for top 10's and battling satellite teams is what you're aiming for, then by all means shoot for the stars.

Rossi should retire and live it up, and Vinales go back to Suzuki. Because it's clear Yamaha obviously aren't there to win a damn thing. I know a stat they can shoot for and that's most consecutive races without a race win. Hell, even most consecutive races without a podium.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Just saw a video on motogp.com with some commentary from the three riders that crashed together. And I have to say, kind of surprised by Dovi's comments. He more or less is blaming Lorenzo and Pedrosa for the incident. He blames Pedrosa for going in to fast and trying to take advantage of the position. Then blames Lorenzo for not having more information on this pit board letting him know he had more than one rider behind him. Kind of disappointed from him not taking more ownership in that crash.

At my work we do a "5 Why's" when an incident happens. Which basically works like, Q. Why did you crash? A. crash Lorenzo took me out, Q. Why did Lorenzo crash you out?? A. because he collided with Dani, and it sent him back into me. Q. Why did or what caused Lorenzo to collide with Dani causing the crash?? (by time you get to the answer of questions 3 or 4 is where usually you find the answer of why an incident or accident happens) A. Because I blew my braking points and went into the corner with too much speed and couldn't stop. Q. Why did you not stop in time?? A. Because we're racing. Q. Why are you racing?? A. cause that's what I'm paid to do.

That's how a typical 5 Why's would go down with my company involving an incident. The whole premise behind it, is to get some accountability and ownership from the culprit or culprits involved with an incident. It's also a way to source out just what and where things went wrong.

Have to say, I think Dovi losing the championship lead, clouded his ownership in this incident.

Now, what Dovi didn't wasn't exactly wrong and happens all the time in racing. Rider B. blows a corner attempting to pass Rider A., thus Rider A. whom he passed retakes Rider B. again. Happens all the time.

What caused or was the catalyst for the crashes, was Dovi blowing the corner. It then had a chain reaction effect on the two behind him. Lorenzo corrected his line as he went a little wide, but didn't expect Dani there, and Dani was just going through as he thought those two both blew the corner.

What we have is a racing incident, but it was caused by Dovi's actions...

p.s.
    BTW, this is my fourth post in a row. What happened?? Everyone just quit watching MotoGP?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    p.s.
    BTW, this is my fourth post in a row. What happened?? Everyone just quit watching MotoGP?
    Have you looked outside today?! Watched the race, but then hit the roads! Beautiful CO spring day to rack up a little over a hundred on dirt/paved country roads. Not bad for not having any plans to go riding.

Regarding the race, I didn't have much to say... It was a racing incident. I honestly expected to log in and see more George bashing. Not a big fan of the guy, but he was doing a pretty damn good job today with a soft front. Frankly, I was surprised he hung out at the top for as long as he did.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!

It was clear Dovi blew that corner, opening the door for Jorge and Dani. Like the others said, it was a racing incident.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Have you looked outside today?! Watched the race, but then hit the roads! Beautiful CO spring day to rack up a little over a hundred on dirt/paved country roads. Not bad for not having any plans to go riding.

Regarding the race, I didn't have much to say... It was a racing incident. I honestly expected to log in and see more George bashing. Not a big fan of the guy, but he was doing a pretty damn good job today with a soft front. Frankly, I was surprised he hung out at the top for as long as he did.
    Yeah I did the same, up around 5:30 this morning, watched the race and then went about my day. Went out and did some target shooting and then was back before noon. I was back out around 3pm'ish and it was beautiful today. Cool morning turned into a very mild day.

I can't fault Lorenzo, other than he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Pedrosa is the same, poor guy just can't catch a break. He stayed true and carried the racing line, only for the other two to come back to it.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

I was at PPIR for the race weekend but yeah like mentioned above just a racing incident and what not also as much as I don’t like that douche but yeah... not much to say really. Marquez will be champion again, there is no serious contender out there anymore. Yamaha is going from bad to worse, lucked out insanely today after the incident. When Suzuki and Pramac is doing better than you, that’s a huge red flag. Bummed out for Pedrosa, seems like he always gets the wrong end of the stick in all these situations. Hope he didn’t fuck up his hand again.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

I was at PPIR for the race weekend but yeah like mentioned above just a racing incident and what not also as much as I don’t like that douche but yeah... not much to say really. Marquez will be champion again, there is no serious contender out there anymore. Yamaha is going from bad to worse, lucked out insanely today after the incident. When Suzuki and Pramac is doing better than you, that’s a huge red flag. Bummed out for Pedrosa, seems like he always gets the wrong end of the stick in all these situations. Hope he didn’t fuck up his hand again.
    What seems to be rather odd is that during the 2017 preseason and the first 3 races of last season, Yamaha looked to dominate everyone. Then all of a sudden they get to Jerez and all hell breaks loose. Even then, they recovered in Le Mans and the hot temps from Jerez seemed to be a fluke. Where I really think the wheels came off for Yamaha was at Catalunya 2017. Again, the heat returned and showed a massive flaw within the Yamaha.

It's hard to nail down the culprit. I'm inclined to agree with Rossi in that it is an electronics problem. Which I really think he's saying it's an engine management(ECU) problem. The interesting thing is both Honda and Ducati have former Magnetti Marelli employees(least this is what I've read) working for them now. Obviously they have brought over some much needed intel for both teams. Yamaha apparently didn't think this would be important in the compulsory engine management era. I think Honda and Ducati did the right thing and hired someone who knows how the systems work and can tweak them(read: hack them).

If you go back to 2015 the last year for factory software programs. Yamaha clearly had an advantage on the competition. With only five engines allotted and 20L of fuel, they made the best of the situation. Where I think Ducati got the head start was offering themselves up as the guinea pigs for the new ECU from Dorna in 2015. The went Open Class and got concessions, along with a head start on using the new vanilla software. And from what I remember, back in 2015 it was said that the new ECU to come for 2016 would be based on how Ducati used it. So basically, they were writing themselves into some success for the years go come(meaning: wins and challenge for title). Honda were clearly the main opponents of the compulsory software, as they had also an awesome factory setup. But Honda does, what Honda does and plays a little dirty by hiring up someone from Magnetti Marelli.

My honest assessment of Yamaha is they've been caught with their pants down again.

The main roadblock is Zarco. If then factory Yamaha are struggling so bad, then why isn't he?? Well, he rides similar to Lorenzo(very smooth) and he's using Lorenzo's bike from 2016 still. So, basically he's got a very polished and massaged 2016 under him. A bike that was clearly very fast in 2016. Zarco even refused the 2017 and went back to his 2016(hybrid) with 2018 upgrades. Whereas Rossi and Vinales have to ride the 2018. Sure it's based on the 2016 bike, but it still is the all new 2018 model.

What's funny is this is the only race where Zarco has beaten both Rossi and Vinales heads up. Can't count Argentina as Rossi was taken out. Now everyone thinks Zarco is mopping the floor with the main factory guys. And surely he is showing them up, but he got beaten well in Qatar and Austin by the factory guys.

I also think Zarco is riding super hard trying to prove a point. He really is in a win-win position. If he rides way hard and crashes, who cares he's signed with factory KTM next year and leaving Yamaha. If he rides super hard and beats the factory guys well then it's just bragging rights for him personally. And it's a thumb up at Yamaha for not signing him is how I'm sure he looks at it. Factory team have a lot of on their plate compared to a satellite team. They are tasked with trying to help develop the current bike, also to possibly diagnose what is exactly wrong with it during the races.

I also wanted to say big congrats to Mika Kallio, the guy beat the factory guys by two seconds today and on next season's bike. The 2019 isn't completely finished and he's already doing well with it. I really think KTM should have signed him at least for one season to see how he can really ride.

Alex Rins needs to stop crashing or he's going to be in the hot seat soon with Suzuki brass. Iannone is doing well and I'm really proud of how Suzuki has developed. They are now regular podium contending bikes and only thing next is some wins.

Like you say, it was bad that Rossi is duking it out with Pramac bikes but I've got to give Suzuki credit. I still think the Suzuki is a bike that with the proper riding on it would be winning races and not just getting podiums. Vinales showed that in 2016 in Silverstone. I just can't help but think that if he stayed with Suzuki, I dare say he would be challenging for the championship on it. It just needs the right rider(s) on it.

I think Pedrosa would be a beast on the Suzuki and I think Lorenzo will do well(if he goes there, looks very likely) on it as well. It's just a smooth bike that needs a proper alien to ride it.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Yeah Yamaha is toast for a while until they make some drastic changes on their staff. Also how in the fuck is Pedrosa being blamed for the incident yesterday? He had nothing to do with that
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Yeah Yamaha is toast for a while until they make some drastic changes on their staff. Also how in the fuck is Pedrosa being blamed for the incident yesterday? He had nothing to do with that
    You know that's what I'm wondering, Pedrosa was just holding line and doing what was right. I didn't expect the lack of accountability from Dovizioso. He said Dani entered the corner way to fast and that it was his responsibility to watch out for the riders in front. And that's true except the two riders in front completely went wide, yet Dani kept his line and continued on business as usual. Then Dovi blames Lorenzo for not looking back when coming back on the line and for not having more info on his pit board being shown to him.

I understand Dovi is ticked because he lost the championship lead but come on, show some ownership and accountability when you were clearly the cause of the problem. I could sit down and do the "5 Why's?" with all three of those riders and if they all gave me truthful answers, I guarantee that the root of the problem in debriefing the riders would come too, that Dovi caused the problem.

It goes back to the Argentina GP and lack of ownership from riders involved. Pedrosa has given Zarco a pass in his incident but I don't. Anytime you slam into a rider, using them as a bump stop to then force them off the line and wide, resulting in a crash. Something should be done.

Marquez is even worse, in that he flat out said he rides that way all the time and will continue to do so. He chalked it up to, "Marquez being Marquez".

I get it, things happen and contact is made. Just some of these riders are turning out to be real dicks about how they ride.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

If you look at that aerial view, Lorenzo could have avoided that by a mile and even a bit wide he could have kept Dovi at bay, ran a bit wider line into the stand up part and every rider would have gone on with their race but that was an excessively violent move by Lorenzo to just move that far over and that quickly, he knew someone was lurking back there plus like you said, they left that door wide open, what is he supposed to do, not go for it? If the race line is open well you go for it lol
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

If you look at that aerial view, Lorenzo could have avoided that by a mile and even a bit wide he could have kept Dovi at bay, ran a bit wider line into the stand up part and every rider would have gone on with their race but that was an excessively violent move by Lorenzo to just move that far over and that quickly, he knew someone was lurking back there plus like you said, they left that door wide open, what is he supposed to do, not go for it? If the race line is open well you go for it lol
    The thing is Lorenzo has some blame in that he did try to get back on the racing line very fast. I think he did it to stop Dovi from getting back in front of him as this is a corner that has a bit of run off and allows for the rider to maintain some speed. I'm sure he was aware of Pedrosa behind them, just how far back Pedrosa was is something he couldn't calculate. I don't think he expected Pedrosa to be there.

And with that said, I still maintain the incident wouldn't have happened without Dovi involved.

It's a good 90/10 here. 90% Dovi and 10% Lorenzo. Still no way Pedrosa should take any blame. Only way he can say he could have avoided the accident, is to not get out of bed and go racing that day.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Man I just watched the interviews(Jerez test) from Vinales and Rossi and geez those two guys look so dejected about the testing. Rossi was a little more upbeat but not really and the guy put in 69 laps today, so you know he's working. And Maverick just flat out said, "we didn't solve anything". Wow... talk about getting your pee-pee slapped repeatedly. I think Yamaha is imploding at this point. It's a train-wreck that I just want to keep watching now. LOL!! they've done gone off the deep end.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    The thing is Lorenzo has some blame in that he did try to get back on the racing line very fast. I think he did it to stop Dovi from getting back in front of him as this is a corner that has a bit of run off and allows for the rider to maintain some speed. I'm sure he was aware of Pedrosa behind them, just how far back Pedrosa was is something he couldn't calculate. I don't think he expected Pedrosa to be there.

And with that said, I still maintain the incident wouldn't have happened without Dovi involved.

It's a good 90/10 here. 90% Dovi and 10% Lorenzo. Still no way Pedrosa should take any blame. Only way he can say he could have avoided the accident, is to not get out of bed and go racing that day.
    I'm not sure how this is Dovi's fault? He went for a pass, went in too hot, Lorenzo also went in too hot and not as wide and then ran straight to the apex where Pedrosa was. Lorenzo could have hit his normal brake marker and made the corner allowing Dovi to blow the corner and both Lorenzo and Pedrosa would have been by Dovi with no problems. Riders go in too hot plenty of times to pass another rider and don't mess up the rider being passed. It happens MANY times during a race. Hell, I've done it a few times trying to get by someone and it didn't make them go off line. So how is it the passing rider's fault that guy being passed went wide? Did he select mapping 8 for him going into the corner?

I've watched the replay a few times and didn't see how it was Dovi's fault at all. Even though I can't stand Lorenzo, if the rolls were reversed, and Dovi was being passed and Lorenzo the passer, it wouldn't have been Lorenzo's (the passer) fault for the accident.
    Last edited by Mother Goose; Tue May 8th, 2018 at 07:56 AM.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Mapping 8 that will haunt him forever.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    I'm not sure how this is Dovi's fault? He went for a pass, went in too hot, Lorenzo also went in too hot and not as wide and then ran straight to the apex where Pedrosa was. Lorenzo could have hit his normal brake marker and made the corner allowing Dovi to blow the corner and both Lorenzo and Pedrosa would have been by Dovi with no problems. Riders go in too hot plenty of times to pass another rider and don't mess up the rider being passed. It happens MANY times during a race. Hell, I've done it a few times trying to get by someone and it didn't make them go off line. So how is it the passing rider's fault that guy being passed went wide? Did he select mapping 8 for him going into the corner?

I've watched the replay a few times and didn't see how it was Dovi's fault at all. Even though I can't stand Lorenzo, if the rolls were reversed, and Dovi was being passed and Lorenzo the passer, it wouldn't have been Lorenzo's (the passer) fault for the accident.
    It's Dovi's fault from a pure standpoint of who caused the whole incident or event. The difference for Lorenzo, is that I think he was pulled off his line because Dovi passed him. If I'm not mistaken, it was mentioned during the race that at times a rider that gets passed by a dive bomb move can at times be pulled out as well.

I agree, Lorenzo could have taken a better line through the corner, and I think he did tighten up his line rather fast but I maintain that was because he wanted to block Dovi from getting back. I don't think he factored in Pedrosa being as close as he was. That being said, we don't know what each rider was thinking at that given moment when it call went down.

Now whether you want to recognize it or not, the catalyst for the crash was Dovi. He's the one that caused the chaos. If he had chosen not to make the dive bomb pass, then all three of them would have made it through the corner, business as usual. If Dovi would have waited for a better chance to pass Lorenzo, I think he would have gotten by cleanly. He still cleanly passed Lorenzo regardless of the crash that he caused. But it was the fact that he chose to dive bomb pass Lorenzo, which then upset Lorenzo's rhythm through the corner. Not knowing what was going through Lorenzo's mind, the facts are he decided to get back on line as quick as possible, and in result slammed right into a fully leaned over Pedrosa, who had no clue where the other two were at(given his lean angle).

So again, like it or not. Dovi was 100% the cause of the incident. And not only did he cause it, he then went on to blame the two other riders behind for his mistake. That's not ownership or accountability, that's pointing the finger and being mad because he completely blew it and got slapped upside the head as a result.

Am I saying Dovi is in the wrong for trying to make the move?? No, he's a racer and paid to earn places or wins. They're supposed to go out on track and take risks.

What I am getting at is the accountability and ownership factor from someone who's blaming others for his bad decisions. It's from a pure principle of the incident factor is where I'm coming from. Basically, getting to the bottom of who caused what and why?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

If they all just go basically straight from where they are, they all make the corner. I think the comments by Dovi are pretty questionable, Dani just took the normal inside line once both Ducati riders blew the corner. It happens all the time, someone gets in a bit hot (drawn in by a pass or not) and blows the corner, the guy right behind just takes the inside line and passes. It's also pretty common for someone to try and make a move down the inside like Dovi did, they overshoot / can't quite get it slowed down and run a bit wide, so the rider just cuts inside them and takes the position back. I don't think anyone tried to cause this, but I'm still not sure why Lorenzo tried to dive back to the curb. Lorenzo obviously got sucked in a bit by Dovi, but once you've blown the corner it's time to just continue on and shoot for the next corner.
    Blair
    2000 GSX750F, 2003 YZ450F, 2004 GSXR750, 2006 ZX-14
    2013 CBR500R, 2016 YZF-R6 - MRA #760

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blaircsf View Post

If they all just go basically straight from where they are, they all make the corner. I think the comments by Dovi are pretty questionable, Dani just took the normal inside line once both Ducati riders blew the corner. It happens all the time, someone gets in a bit hot (drawn in by a pass or not) and blows the corner, the guy right behind just takes the inside line and passes. It's also pretty common for someone to try and make a move down the inside like Dovi did, they overshoot / can't quite get it slowed down and run a bit wide, so the rider just cuts inside them and takes the position back. I don't think anyone tried to cause this, but I'm still not sure why Lorenzo tried to dive back to the curb. Lorenzo obviously got sucked in a bit by Dovi, but once you've blown the corner it's time to just continue on and shoot for the next corner.
    ^^^ This. Can't blame Dovi for trying to make the pass. But we can blame Lorenzo for not continuing on instead of shooting straight for the curb like a dumbass.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by blaircsf View Post

this ^^^^
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Rumors keep growing about Dovi not continuing with Ducati next season. Wonder if we’ll see a Petrucci Miller deal happening.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Well 2019 just got even more interesting

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/o...lectronics-ban
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

2 more years at Ducati for #04

Go Desmo Dovi!

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/ne...8759/?tp=2&s=1