Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Re: 2018 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Brivio confirms deal is being finalized with Mir so that confirms that Lorenzo is out of a factory seat next season unless Honda does the unthinkable.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Dude that crash by Pirro on the main straight this morning hope the injuries aren’t bad, that was some gnarly ass shit
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Holy crap that was brutal. Ducati says he's doing better than expected. Hurts to even watch that wreck.
    "On a cycle the frame is gone. You're completely in contact with it all. You're in the scene, not just watching it anymore, and the sense of presence is overwhelming.” Pirsig

Yeah I’m surprised they said just a concussion and some bruises, insane stuff. For those who doubt gear please look up this crash which happened at around 200mph and see why gear is important lol
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

WOW!!

It is only qualifying and Sunday is the race but very good lap and congrats to Rossi for that pole lap. He's looking very fast for tomorrow. Lorenzo looks fast but we'll see how long that lasts for him. Vinales looks fast but is kind of hit and miss. Marquez looks a bit rattled for some reason. He's had some mistakes and really looses it in sectors 3 and 4.

Would like to just see a good race tomorrow and would really like to see Rossi win Mugello. He could win nothing else more in the future, as long as he could win Mugello tomorrow. The crowd was going crazy at just a pole lap. Can't imagine what Mugello would be like if he wins the race there. Place would erupt big time.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Pretty good race overall, still not impressed by Lorenzo as anyone can win a race unbothered but well not his fault at the end of the day that Dovi was being the biggest bitch not to risk another DNF and well from Yamaha and Suzuki stand point we all knew it was a long shot. Everyone will now have Lorenzo back as a world champion
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Pretty good race overall, still not impressed by Lorenzo as anyone can win a race unbothered but well not his fault at the end of the day that Dovi was being the biggest bitch not to risk another DNF and well from Yamaha and Suzuki stand point we all knew it was a long shot. Everyone will now have Lorenzo back as a world champion
    Have to congratulate Lorenzo. He did run a very flawless race and his pace was very good. 48's the whole race and he was more the dark horse than Iannone. I didn't think Lorenzo had that pace. Figured he'd be on the podium but not a runaway race win.

I think Dovi wanted to stay quiet and just keep it rubber side down. He couldn't afford another DNF booboo. I think he would have gotten his ass chewed if he went down for a 3rd consecutive race.

Rossi I thought at least had P2 pace. Didn't think he was going to win but you never know. Then once I started seeing him have some issues in braking, then I knew he was screwed for the win or even P2. I figured he'd lose the podium until he pulled the pin at the end and left Iannone. But I think that was Rossi's focus to end up on the podium and he got it.

I will say, I smiled when I saw Marquez go down. Sure he's still leading the championship and he's earned it all. But it was nice to see him crash out and lose 25 points. Since he cost Rossi all his points in Argentina, was only fair he lost all his points for today. I think what comes around goes around and this was it coming around for Marquez. Yeah, he's going to win the championship this year. Yet, it's nice to see him get slapped a few rungs down by all his crashes. Sooner or later it bites you and I think one of the commentators said it. Ride on a knife edge long enough and you get cut.

Feel bad for Pedrosa, couldn't really see what happen but he looked to take a nasty crash off in the gravel.

These results will spice up the silly season though. Still don't think Lorenzo will stay with Ducati, though if he goes on a win spree it may shake contract talks up.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Again easy to win a race when you’re not pushing and not being bothered, disrupt him just a bit like we’ve seen him in the lead before, he just falls off with the least of disruption plus he didn’t have to battle so the tire wear wasn’t going to be an issue. I’m sure if Dovi would have had the balls to push forward you would have seen Lorenzo mentally crumble as usual. About the only thing he will do all year, Ducati won’t sign him at all. Glad Rossi went podium, he deserved it. Sucks for MM but well can’t push the limits forever. Also another thing that played in Lorenzo’s favor is the fact that the top end of the Ducati is what helped him anyways, any other track he would have been toast.
    Last edited by madvlad; Sun Jun 3rd, 2018 at 11:12 AM.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Again easy to win a race when you’re not pushing and not being bothered, disrupt him just a bit like we’ve seen him in the lead before, he just falls off with the least of disruption plus he didn’t have to battle so the tire wear wasn’t going to be an issue. I’m sure if Dovi would have had the balls to push forward you would have seen Lorenzo mentally crumble as usual. About the only thing he will do all year, Ducati won’t sign him at all. Glad Rossi went podium, he deserved it. Sucks for MM but well can’t push the limits forever. Also another thing that played in Lorenzo’s favor is the fact that the top end of the Ducati is what helped him anyways, any other track he would have been toast.
    I don't feel all that bad for Marquez. Did you see that move he put on Petrucci?? Sure it was hard and somewhat fair. But that outlines how he rides. Barges into or through and can't pass clean when he thinks someone is getting away. It shows that when the chips are down, he reverts to riding like a dick.

For sure the Ducati grunt helped Lorenzo. But I have to applaud his efforts and recognize he rode a good and faultless race. Yes the others should have pushed more. I think Rossi could have pushed more and stayed with Dovi. He spent too much time with Iannone and Petrucci. I think when Rossi saw Marquez go down, he knew that the Hard front was going to take some time working up to temp and making it last. So Rossi played the long game and got the podium. I think if there had been one more lap, he would of got Dovi for P2. Oh well, roll on Catalunya.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Wow, Vinales slams Yamaha, saying the reason he signed was that they could promise a race winning bike.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/89...d-winning-bike

Vinales does have a point, he's fast everywhere else except during the race.

I remember Freddy Spencer one time talking about the difference between a race and everything else. He said, races are where the problems would tend to show up. He said, you could test and test and test. That one time they(Honda) had tested a new frame for him and it really looked to do well. Then he took it and used it during the race and then cracked the new frame. So to Spencer, the race is always the real world where things will show if they work or not.

I think the same can be said for Vinales. He's fast in testing, fast in all the FP's, even fast in Qualifying. Then the race gets there and it all changes. That's when the problems show up.

I also think that's when some of the other riders really show up and do battle, and that's come race time.

Pol Espargaro back when he was at Tech 3, mentioned how fast he was. And that during the practices, he could be faster than even Valentino Rossi. According to Espargaro, he was just that good and he was fast. But then he got mad because when it came time to race, he said Rossi would find an extra gear and leave him, along with the rest of the aliens.

I think what it boils down to, is that you have the guys that do extract the most out of their bikes come race day. That's what makes them the true "aliens". Rossi is known for being a racer that shows up on Sunday. And really when you look at it, why not? What's the point of going balls out during the practices and qualifying?? To prove what?? That you're fast over one lap? No further proof than Zarco or Crutchlow. These guys are fast but they are one lap wonders, and will never be aliens.

I'm starting to think that Vinales is letting things get into his head and he's going to fall out of the alien group. I'm really starting to think that Vinales should have stayed with Suzuki and he might have even been champion by now, or at least leading it this year. The Suzuki is a good bike and Iannone and Rins are no where near Vinales, and even they are putting that bike close to the front.

We are seeing a classic case of "the grass is not always greener" syndrome. Yamaha sounded good but Vinales just isn't finding his way on that bike. He's got three wins to his name, more than Rossi does in the last two years but at some point, Vinales mindset waved bye-bye and hasn't returned.

I think he screwed the pooch by re-signing with Yamaha. Time will tell though, he may bounce back and find his bearings yet....
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Sun Jun 3rd, 2018 at 12:44 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Finally got around to watching the race... Congratulations to JL99, but the commentary was getting a bit over the top. You would think he won a world championship with as much as they were talking him up. We'll see what happens on tracks that don't favor the Ducati so heavily.
    Blair
    2000 GSX750F, 2003 YZ450F, 2004 GSXR750, 2006 ZX-14
    2013 CBR500R, 2016 YZF-R6 - MRA #760

Quote Originally Posted by blaircsf View Post
    Finally got around to watching the race... Congratulations to JL99, but the commentary was getting a bit over the top. You would think he won a world championship with as much as they were talking him up. We'll see what happens on tracks that don't favor the Ducati so heavily.
    Yeah that’s the issue with it is that everyone is like omg he’s back, blah blah blah. One race doesn’t mean squat, I’m sure he will choke again.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Not sure why that deleted, was trying to edit.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2018/0...of-2018/261595
    https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/ne...-2019-1044566/
    Pedrosa will be likely be the most successful rider to never win a MotoGP world title.
    Blair
    2000 GSX750F, 2003 YZ450F, 2004 GSXR750, 2006 ZX-14
    2013 CBR500R, 2016 YZF-R6 - MRA #760

Yeah sad to see him go and I foresee Lorenzo signing with HRC and taking that seat. Yamaha confirmed no seats for 2019 so that’s the only logical move
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Yeah sad to see him go and I foresee Lorenzo signing with HRC and taking that seat. Yamaha confirmed no seats for 2019 so that’s the only logical move
    ^^^
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    Awesome
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Happy for Petrucci, well deserved ride for him. That HRC combination of Puig/MM/Lorenzo is going to be a ticking time bomb egos are going to clash and man this is going to be a disaster sooner or later
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2018/0...nd-2020/261628
    Lorenzo to Honda confirmed. I agree about egos though. We will also have to see how Lorenzo adapts to the Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by blaircsf View Post
    http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2018/0...nd-2020/261628
    Lorenzo to Honda confirmed. I agree about egos though. We will also have to see how Lorenzo adapts to the Honda.
    what I’m really curious about is the 2019 electronics rule change which will cripple the software even further, that may be some riders demise including Lorenzo trying to adapt to it as the Honda is a pretty aggressive bike as well, not as severe as the Ducati but definitely not as easy as the Yamaha. I knew Lorenzo wasn’t about to go to a satellite team and with the agreement that Rossi and Yamaha have for their satellite team past 2020 that whole Petronas thing sounded like a bunch of moot for 2019 lol
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

MV joins Moto2 for next season too, interesting
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

what I’m really curious about is the 2019 electronics rule change which will cripple the software even further, that may be some riders demise including Lorenzo trying to adapt to it as the Honda is a pretty aggressive bike as well, not as severe as the Ducati but definitely not as easy as the Yamaha. I knew Lorenzo wasn’t about to go to a satellite team and with the agreement that Rossi and Yamaha have for their satellite team past 2020 that whole Petronas thing sounded like a bunch of moot for 2019 lol
    I think Lorenzo will do well on the Honda. Look if Crutchlow can manage to grab some wins with it, I think Lorenzo is more than capable of being in the hunt for race wins every race weekend. Do I think he will share the same dominance on the Honda that Marquez has?? No, I think he will have to wrap his head around the bike same as he did with Ducati. But I think Lorenzo will get a much better package and also a manufacture that will actually help develop the bike the way he will want it. Don't get me wrong, Honda is still building their bike around Marquez and that will always be the case as long as he's there. But I think Lorenzo will get the parts he asks for.

Dani has been able to win with the bike as well, so I think Lorenzo will win on it.

What I honestly see happening is that if Honda continue their current trend and have competitive machines and Marquez maintains his level. It will make a very potent team and a very hard to be duo. Lorenzo will take wins and Marquez isn't slowing down anytime soon. Way I see it, is Honda is making a power play to stack the deck in their favor. They now have the only two riders that have taken all the world championships since 2009.

I also see Ducati maintaining their current level. They will grab a few wins here and there. The big loser in all this is Yamaha. If they can't get that bike back to a competitive level, and even Rossi has said he's out of the championship. He just wants to actually win some races before he can think of the championship. Then Yamaha are screwed and they will continue to be screwed until they figure out the problem.

on a side note, I've read some comments from fans that have been at the last few races and they have noted that Rossi has been short shifting in some of the corners where the other riders are balls out wide open. But one of the commenters noted that especially at Le Mans, that his short shifting technique see to help him go faster and lose less during the race. Then Rossi himself has mentioned that some of the things they've found to help the Yamaha are what he calls "old" ideas. Maybe he's reverting back to riding around the problem and let Yamaha fix the problem at some point, versus trying to fix it in the here and now. IF that really is the case, than Rossi is showing he's still got motivation to try and achieve the best possible result. It shows as he completely destroyed the rest of the Yamaha riders.

It's funny all we heard was how awesome Zarco is and he's showing up the Yamaha boys, then he ends up 11 seconds behind Rossi and we don't hear a peep about him.

Which goes back to what I've always thought about the over-hype of Zarco. He's got a great package in what he's riding with it being dialed in and polished. But he's not in the factory rider's shoes of having to develop a bike throughout the season. Zarco doesn't test the new parts, work on settings, work on trying to make the bike turn around. Sure he works on the things he works on, but in no way, shape or form is Zarco even in the same league as the factory riders. I think it's starting to show, the factory guys are finally starting to turn things around a bit. Even Vinales smoked Zarco and Vinales was all of nowhere in Mugello. I think we are starting to see the typical movement of the factory riders away from the satellite bikes. Which usually by six or seven races in we start to see new parts from the manufactures, we start to see them sorting their KIT out and finding directions to move in.

I have to say, I was extremely proud of Rossi's performance in Mugello given the heat they experienced and the fact that the other teams are crushing Yamaha at the moment. I think he could have went with Dovi, but that's neither here, nor there. One more lap and he may have passed Dovi. It is, what it is. I still think that if Yamaha get their sh*t together and really come out with a great bike in 2019. A bike that both Rossi and Vinales are fast, competitive and can win on. IF all that happened, we would see a huge shift in dominance to team blue. But that is yet to be seen...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Yeah that whole Zarco and Lorenzo bandwagons have been hilarious to be honest but whatever, Zarco will show his true colors at KTM and Lorenzo did at Ducati showing that Yamaha is what made them look great. At least Rossi works through the issues and delivers results even if he’s 1000 years old, that’s what separates him from the likes of Lorenzo and MV. I’m sure he will be far more competitive at HRC than Ducati obviously but oh man once one thing goes wrong he will not hesitate to start playing he blame game as usual.

its being rumored that Pedrosa will announce his retirement by next round at the Catalan GP, that would suck.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1