Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Re: 2018 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

So Dani just called for another press conference by Germany so I have a feeling that the deal with Yamaha fell through and he will demote to a test rider and retire.
    Last edited by madvlad; Tue Jul 3rd, 2018 at 09:55 PM.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    So Dani just called for another press conference by Germany so I have a feeling that the deal with Yamaha felt through and he will demote to a test rider and retire.
    That's the rumors I'm reading all over the net. Even people commenting on rumors floating around the MotoGP paddock itself is that Dani is going to call it quits. A commenter mentioned that if it had been a new team and signing, we would have gotten just a official press release. With another press conference being called, and with the crappy last two races he's had. You can tell he's done and deflated. Dani looks like he couldn't give two sh*ts if he finishes another race at this point.

Also rumor is Franco Morbidelli has already signed and now they are just waiting to see what Dani does.

Here's the thing that blows my mind. Bradley Smith and Alvaro Bautista are actually being considered as two of the top prospects for the second seat at Petronas Yamaha. I mean really?? Bradley Smith?? I can kind of see why they might be interested in Bautista. He's got some potential(though not much). I think giving Smith that seat is a waste and they might as well just throw that bike away. At this point, I'd sign Mika Kallio over Smith.

I hate to be harsh, but both Smith and Redding suck(yeah I get it, they are way faster than I'll ever be) but they suck plain and simple and can't compete with the current crop of riders.... They need to go to WSBK or something else. They are way overhyped and can't be counted on to produce results.

Myself, I'd rather see that seat go to someone who can actually be fast and have potential to develop themselves and the bike. Lots of prospects in Moto2 and Thomas Luthi or Tito Rabat would be better suited to that bike over a Turd and a Sh*t sandwich.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2018/0...irement/264728
    Pedrosa officially going to retire. He will probably be the most successful rider to never win a MotoGP world title.

Called it, damn shame though, he still had a lot to give
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Bummer to see him go. Glad it's sort of on his own terms. Deserves every bit of the legends status.
    "On a cycle the frame is gone. You're completely in contact with it all. You're in the scene, not just watching it anymore, and the sense of presence is overwhelming.” Pirsig

Yeah the word is that even though he was going to sign with Yamaha but HRC made him a super offer to be an HRC ambassador instead and he just called it. HRC has the money to do so and with Casey not being around anymore who better than Pedrosa for insight plus they weren’t going to give that kind of knowledge away to Yamaha and help close the gap lol
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Yeah the word is that even though he was going to sign with Yamaha but HRC made him a super offer to be an HRC ambassador instead and he just called it. HRC has the money to do so and with Casey not being around anymore who better than Pedrosa for insight plus they weren’t going to give that kind of knowledge away to Yamaha and help close the gap lol
    That's a interesting theory and if true, would only go to prove that Honda really have found an advantage and they don't want that secret to get away. Whether it be with the software(my opinion) or by other means. Sure Marquez is fast and extremely talented, but he's not that much better than everyone else. My view, is the RC213V is custom made and tailored to Marquez and him alone. Makes sense considering the insane saves he pulls off week in and week out. Will be interesting to see how Lorenzo fares on the Honda. I think he will adapt faster and better compared to the Ducati. I think he will even win a race or two in his first year. Will he dominate on the bike? I don't think so, but who can tell. With Marquez around, I can't see they want Lorenzo to dominate more than him, but in essence they want him to pick up where Dani left off and that's take points away from the competition.

With that said, I am bummed to see Pedrosa retire. He's a classy and professional racer and very humble. I think MotoGP was the better for it, because Pedrosa raced so long in the premier class. Congrats and best wishes to Dani.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

I see another Marquez winner tomorrow, everyone seems to have a one lap burner but no pace.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

I see another Marquez winner tomorrow, everyone seems to have a one lap burner but no pace.
    Same here, I don't foresee anyone having a sniff at Marquez tomorrow.

They might as well start handing out trophies for 1st loser... excuse me, I mean 2nd place finisher and just let Marquez have the day off tomorrow.

Here's how tomorrow's roster will look:
    1st Place - Marc Marquez
    Also Ran's - everyone else...

I have to be honest, I don't even look forward to the Sachsenring GP anymore. Mugello, Catalunya, Austria, and etc. I always look forward to those GP's. It shows, I didn't even get up this morning to watch FP4 and Qualifying. I got up and just went about my business, I would have put money(and would have won) on a Marquez pole, with everyone else a non factor.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

There are rumors that the German round may be off for good after this year
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    Lorenzo has some pace, but Sachsenring has never been a happy hunting ground for him. Plus he doesn't look that ominous. If this were Jerez, then yeah I'd say Lorenzo has a shot. Lorenzo looked great in Assen, but I knew he was going to fade in that race. Didn't see him get into that metronome pace that he has and clear off. He did well and lead for a long time, just kind of reverted back to his old Ducati self and faded back behind the main front runners.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Not a bad result for Yamaha considering but yeah Marquez has that shit on lockdown. Seems like engineers at Yamaha are slowly finding answers. Very important points there to stay in the fight and keep the pressure on.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post

They might as well start handing out trophies for 1st loser... excuse me, I mean 2nd place finisher and just let Marquez have the day off tomorrow.

Here's how tomorrow's roster will look:
    1st Place - Marc Marquez
    Also Ran's - everyone else...

Ahem.....
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Stoner on the money during that interview, luck won’t last forever for Marquez and sure hope he figures out a way to test the limit without having to crash all the time:

http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2018...crashes/264677
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

The season pass is half off right now
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

I'm starting to think that this is something inherent to BeIN sports channel and not the TV providers. At first I thought it was typical tv providers being greedy. But, now Comcast is dropping them, Verizon and way back probably last year, Playstation Vue dropped them. DirectTV streaming, has BeIN sports but it's Spanish only.

I loved having it on Playstation Vue, as I could watch WSBK. Have had the MotoGP subscription for awhile, so that wasn't an issue.

Honestly, can't say I feel bad for BeIN sports. Love their motorcycle racing coverage but can't stand all the Soccer BS they constantly shove down your throat. I get it, it's the world's sport and that's fine. Let the rest of the world watch a crappy sport that has guys kicking around a round ball, features little to no scoring and worst acting than B movies. As much as I think the NFL can be a setup, I'll take American Football over Soccer any day of the week. At least we still get some vicious hits in the NFL, and not the drama queens that get bumped in the shoulder and drop to the ground holding their shin in soccer.

My advice is same as Vlad's. Get the season pass for half off on MotoGP.com
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Good Q2 session, but is anyone else having issues with MotoGP.com's site taking forever to load the video player?? My first attempt at Q2 this morning timed out and then I finally got in. Now trying to watch the Press Conference and it's doing it again. Slow as hell are their servers this morning..
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Yeah their severs were overloaded for sure, couldn’t get the Q2 session at all without buffering and was very choppy
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Good race and congrats to Dovi.

MotoGP.com is sucking it up though. Took me 5 minutes to connect this morning. The race was already in progress when I finally got the video player to load. Have to say, I'm not impressed with their servers at all.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Man just when you think Yamaha have things somewhat figured out, they bomb out when they shouldn’t have. Today was crucial for points limitation mainly coming into Austria since Yamaha isn’t a contender at that track, good thing he was able to make that pass on Cal stick and salvage a few more points. Good seeing Dovi back at the top, pretty good little scrap there at the end from those 3. Bit of a boring race but well onto the next one.

Yeah that’s the reason why I logged on kind of earlier than usual was to secure a spot into the non buffering bullshit side
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Man just when you think Yamaha have things somewhat figured out, they bomb out when they shouldn’t have. Today was crucial for points limitation mainly coming into Austria since Yamaha isn’t a contender at that track, good thing he was able to make that pass on Cal stick and salvage a few more points. Good seeing Dovi back at the top, pretty good little scrap there at the end from those 3. Bit of a boring race but well onto the next one.

Yeah that’s the reason why I logged on kind of earlier than usual was to secure a spot into the non buffering bullshit side
    Normally I just jump on right before the race starts. But this morning really sucked trying to get in. Just stared at a blue background while the video player loaded.

I think Yamaha's biggest issue is tire management, which in turn means electronics. Rossi did well most of the race and was able to stay close. Yamaha are just missing that extra ability to ask more from the bike and tires that Honda and Ducati have. Where I was seeing it was on the big acceleration. Rossi would close up on the front group in Sector 2 but once he'd get to a straight, whether small or large they would pull on him just a bit. Do that over several laps and that's how you lose touch.

And then once the front three turned up the pace, he really couldn't match it as they were just launching from one corner to the next with better grip.

In a way, I'm really glad and smile a bit when Yamaha suffer this much. Because clearly they haven't gotten the message from their riders to fix the problem. Rossi even said it yesterday. The mechanical side of setting the bike up is fairly cut and dry. Doesn't take long to dial the mechanical/physical parts in. Then the fine tuning and where they really find the extra "tenths" that sets them apart from everyone else, is down to the electronics. Rossi said, that's where they seem to take longer and struggle more is with the electronic set ups. So while everyone else is fine tuning their rig, Yamaha spends more time dicking around with their software because they can't manipulate it the way the other manufactures do.

I've said it already, but Yamaha need to figure out what is the problem and fast(and devote all their time to it). They can still salvage the season and finish strong but this deer in the headlights look when it comes to the electronics needs to get solved.

As far as the riders go, I know Yamaha always looks at their younger rider to advance the team. But old man Rossi seems to be the only one at the front race after race. So start throwing him some more support and get some wins. Vinales pace waved bye-bye long ago and he only gets sniffs of brilliance every now and then. Though I'm sure if they sort the problem out, he'll make a return to the front as well.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Was riding back from Sturgis yesterday, so didn't get to watch the race til last night. I will say that normally, I struggle to get quality HD from their feeds, but I switched over to the HTML5 instead of the flash player and the quality and speed has been top notch... even on my crappy chrome book.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.