Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
Yeah a 36 point difference already, that’s going to be insanely hard to come back from. That’s game over imo, it’s Marquez title to lose now.
It is a commanding lead when you think about it. He can get 2nd place for the next seven races and only if the number two guy(Vinales) were to win the next, then it would tie them up. So he's got a very nice cushion of points and I really don't see that changing in Mugello.

I've always felt that the championships get decided one way or another by the first six or seven races of the season. By that point, a third of the season is over with and the real title challengers start to emerge. As shown, we've seen Marquez emerge as the man to beat now. He's got a least one DNF in his pocket to play with and that's nice for any racer to have.

Only way to beat him now, is for either Yamaha or Ducati to go on massive win streaks and start taking back points. And really, it needs to be both Yamaha and Ducati taking points away from Marquez in the form of placing ahead of him. I don't see it happening, but if both manufactures could push him off the podium every race, then yes the championship would still be wide open. If both Yamaha and Ducati could do that, then they would chew into his lead fast.

That's where Pedrosa has always been so dangerous. Once he finds form and dials things in. He's a consistent race winner or podium finisher. Which means, one less spot on the podium for the rest.

Time will tell...