Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
Yeah no doubt, gutted for the kid as he was doing well too before the incident which may have cost him the championship. What a ride by Viņales and Bautista man, Bautista just shut a lot of mouths too after he was being lit up for being the replacement choice to Lorenzo. Not sure what to think of Rossi, is almost like they found some answers for Viņales but nearly like Yamaha is trying to push the old dog out and perhaps move onto the next rider who will take his seat. Even though he signed until 2020 but if things keep going the way they are, wouldn’t surprise me if Rossi will bail from his contract before time. He tries to salvage some type of a performance with all those issues round after round but even the most experienced riders have their limits.
I didn't stay up to watch the GP. Was too tired to stay up(had a long week). Just watched the race and big congrats to Vinales!! Finally broke the winless streak. Bautista did well as did all the front guys. They were dicing it up for positions. Iannone was all over the place though. The contact between Zarco and Marquez was wicked, that could have ended way worse than it did.

Everyone looked good except one rider. Rossi, man he looked terrible this weekend. He gave a barely solid performance and really didn't show any potential. Vinales blew his paint off and basically so did everyone else. Which it's good to see Yamaha snap that winless streak but kind of a let down that it wasn't Rossi to do it. He's been the one to carry the Yamaha flag all season long only to get jived out of the first Yamaha win.

The performance between his bike and Vinales were miles apart. Rossi couldn't get a sniff the whole race. Just seemed completely out of it.

I agree, Rossi may be finally getting the hint that it's time to move on from Yamaha. Like to see him win a few more races and at least beat Ago's all time record but if he keeps riding like he did in Phillip Island, then all he can ask for are top 6's, and that's lame...