Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617

Thread: 2018 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Re: 2018 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

It’s not all on him, the bike has been absolutely dog shit and I mean if the performance at Sepang didn’t show he can still do this then I don’t know what can. However I do believe politics will take over next season and Yamaha will try to push him out as they start to give Viņales more chances at success with better parts. To me it seems like Yamaha have realized their mistake of offering two more years a bit late although Rossi still shows he can be successful but what about the long run? I foresee Yamaha and Rossi cutting it short next season, Rossi said it himself if he can’t be competitive he will stop and well if there is no bike that can provide him the edge he needs to keep performing then it’s better to stop no doubt.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Tomorrow (later tonight) will depend on the weather, I thought rain was a possibility last I heard. I wouldn't count Marquez out either, qualifying 5th right after dislocating his shoulder again is pretty impressive.
    Blair
    2000 GSX750F, 2003 YZ450F, 2004 GSXR750, 2006 ZX-14
    2013 CBR500R, 2016 YZF-R6 - MRA #760

Yeah no doubt, Marquez impresses time after time but man this race turned into a jet ski competition, holy standing water carnage batman
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

I really hate it when I'm right, "lucky to crack the top 10"....

I agree with you, it's not all him and the bike is part of the equation. But these kind of crashes are all him. Like I said, if he's not hungry enough to stand on that top step anymore. Then he really needs to do some soul searching and figure it out. Dovi is hungry enough, he cleared off by 4 secs when Rossi crashed.

It's time Rossi starts assessing his real level of competitiveness in this sport.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Yeah man what an unfortunate turn of events for him mainly after how strong he was coming in before the red flag came out but well gotta love racing, sometimes the muses don't smile down all the way, just an overall shit season for Yamaha but sure hope they can find their way back next season. Super cool to see KTM on the podium, pretty good ride for Pol. Would have been awesome to see Dani take at least a podium but I think he was just playing it safe just to take the checkered and clock out one last time for HRC and the paddock won't ever be the same without him that's for sure. After the red flag it didn't seem like a lot of riders were very eager to get back out there on that shit show but this is why Nascrap is laughable to say the least, here these guys are risking it all at nearly 200mph in massively wet conditions of all things making it happen, true warriors.

Rins will be a force to be reckoned with at the pace he's going and if Suzuki keeps their bike up to par as well, he's really come into his own this season and what a ride by him as well, smooth, cool and collected but made it happen. Also mad props to Nakagami dude, he even said it on friday that he was glad the conditions were crap so he could get more rain seat time since he admitted he sucked at it but damn well earned 6th place and being on Parc Ferme.... Well now back to my dull life and search for meaning with race season being over, damn it all I can say is that I honestly never thought that motorcycles would take such an important role in my life but man all I can say is am I glad I bought my first motorcycle and don't regret one thing about it! Well fellas counting down the days to the 2019 sticky taking place sooner than later cause man next season is cooking up to be insanely good. All I can say is I LOVE THIS SHIT!!!!!
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Dude just saw the Moto3 race as well and holy crap man, this kid Can Oncu from Turkey is scary good. If he keeps going at this rate, he will be the next big thing. He did really well in the RedBull Rookies Cup and has had good success throughout European championships in different types of motorcycle racing. 15 years old and youngest winner ever in history, man that's badass. What a debut for this dude and putting Turkey on the motorcycle racing map.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Yeah man what an unfortunate turn of events for him mainly after how strong he was coming in before the red flag came out but well gotta love racing, sometimes the muses don't smile down all the way, just an overall shit season for Yamaha but sure hope they can find their way back next season. Super cool to see KTM on the podium, pretty good ride for Pol. Would have been awesome to see Dani take at least a podium but I think he was just playing it safe just to take the checkered and clock out one last time for HRC and the paddock won't ever be the same without him that's for sure. After the red flag it didn't seem like a lot of riders were very eager to get back out there on that shit show but this is why Nascrap is laughable to say the least, here these guys are risking it all at nearly 200mph in massively wet conditions of all things making it happen, true warriors.

Rins will be a force to be reckoned with at the pace he's going and if Suzuki keeps their bike up to par as well, he's really come into his own this season and what a ride by him as well, smooth, cool and collected but made it happen. Also mad props to Nakagami dude, he even said it on friday that he was glad the conditions were crap so he could get more rain seat time since he admitted he sucked at it but damn well earned 6th place and being on Parc Ferme.... Well now back to my dull life and search for meaning with race season being over, damn it all I can say is that I honestly never thought that motorcycles would take such an important role in my life but man all I can say is am I glad I bought my first motorcycle and don't regret one thing about it! Well fellas counting down the days to the 2019 sticky taking place sooner than later cause man next season is cooking up to be insanely good. All I can say is I LOVE THIS SHIT!!!!!
    I agree with much of what you say. I too thought Rossi looked good and strong. But he's just lost that killer instinct that the rest of the field have. I don't know what it is, or why but he has just lost it. He hasn't lost any speed as he can still run just as fast as everyone else and even set a few fastest laps in races throughout the season. What he's lacking is just that drive you see in the most hungry of racers, competitors or sportsman.

I'm sure some of it is down to him just not thinking it's worth the risk and really in his position it isn't worth it. He's got 9 titles and won tons of races, along with hundreds of podiums.

So Rossi always talks about the motivation has to be high in order to race. I still think his motivation to race is still high, probably the highest it's ever been. But it's his ambition that's not where it should be. He's motivated to race(because it's his passion and he loves racing) but he's not motivated to go out and win races and be that portrait of dominance he once was. That's where I see the motivation is gone.

The ambition is gone for a litany of reasons. He doesn't have the right bike, the electronics control to much now(or everything is dependent on them), the tires don't inspire confidence, the grid is ultra competitive now and let's face it, he's just getting older...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."