Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Re: 2018 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

So the race is next weekend at noon our time, broadcast starts around 10 am for the moto3 and then all the way to moto gp. As of right now BeIn in English will be broadcasting it live while of course the Spanish channel will focus on La liga soccer matches during that hour but they will rebroadcast the race until 5 pm. If anyone is interested in getting together I’m game.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Looks like the new model is running the lower classes in an abbreviated format, then the premier class at full coverage. Easier to fit in a social/gathering !

Races aren’t very long either way so they shouldn’t cut too much out on the race coverage but for the post race conferences which they’ve never given either way really.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Wow, did not see this coming. Lorenzo accuses Dovizioso of undermining him and his morale, both now as teammates and while as rivals in the lower classes years ago. Man, I knew this guy was a dick but this takes it to a whole new level. Dovi is probably the most humble and down to earth guy on the grid and now Lorenzo thinks he's undermining him?? The only thing undermining you Lorenzo is how slow you are on the Ducati.

https://www.autosport.com/motogp/new...-undermine-him
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Surprise, surprise.... not. Lorenzo is a cry baby douche that does nothing but complain when things don’t go his way, that’s his usual rap. News flash douche, you’re not as good as you thought you were lol. He needs to give it a rest as he has better things to worry about like Petrucci possibly taking his seat next season if he keeps sucking the way he is. I’m sure this is just a way to also distabilize Dovi mentally because he knows he won’t be able to do so riding that Ducati cause he is simply not capable of figuring it out since the Yamaha was already developed when he got in. Fuck that douche, have zero respect for that dumbass and he wonders why a wall went up at the Yamaha garage and now we may see one at Ducati with this bs soon. This dude is such a coddled bitch man, unreal. He can’t handle the pressure
    Last edited by madvlad; Fri Apr 6th, 2018 at 09:55 PM.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Surprise, surprise.... not. Lorenzo is a cry baby douche that does nothing but complain when things don’t go his way, that’s his usual rap. News flash douche, you’re not as good as you thought you were lol. He needs to give it a rest as he has better things to worry about like Petrucci possibly taking his seat next season if he keeps sucking the way he is. I’m sure this is just a way to also distabilize Dovi mentally because he knows he won’t be able to do so riding that Ducati cause he is simply not capable of figuring it out since the Yamaha was already developed when he got in. Fuck that douche, have zero respect for that dumbass and he wonders why a wall went up at the Yamaha garage and now we may see one at Ducati with this bs soon. This dude is such a coddled bitch man, unreal. He can’t handle the pressure
    I guess that's why the article caught me by surprise. I get why the whole Rossi and Lorenzo team went south. But Dovi?? I put Dovi in with Pedrosa, both of those guys are just way laid back and very humble. They just go about their work and do what they do when they can. Wasn't a huge fan of Pedrosa when he first stepped on scene(thought he was a bit overhyped from 250's) but he's matured into a very good, fast and competitive rider. He's the only guy with big numbers that doesn't have a MotoGP title to his name. And when the stars align for him, he's almost unbeatable.

Dovi on the other hand, I've always liked him as a rider. Just quiet and rides his ride. He really got the short end of the stick there for a couple of seasons with all the people that kept crashing him out. Dovi really is one of those guys that can say, his crashes aren't always his own fault. Because that poor guy has been taken out by just about everyone on the grid. Total poster child for, "wrong place, at the wrong time."

Thing with Lorenzo is I really can say I respect his talent, because the guy is super fast(but on a Yamaha). He just can't seem to be a decent person. I can see a person being a dick if it's warranted. Sure go ahead then and be a dick, because the other party involved may have provoked it. But with Lorenzo, he just is that way all the time. The Sepang 2015 incident, he had no business sticking his nose in that. It was between Rossi and Marquez, and Lorenzo runs to the stewards to complain about a disqualification. If that isn't a chicken sh*t move to steal a title, I don't know what is.

Sure these guys are all like that to an extent. They are fighting for a very coveted prize, very good money and have lots of pressure heaped upon them from their teams and sponsors. I can imagine the stress the main aliens at the tip of the spear have to deal with makes them irritated. For the midpack guys or satellite guys, if they get an awesome results, then it's cause for a celebration and their team just enjoys the moment. Whereas, these main aliens are expected to win and get podiums all the time. Well there's only three spots on the podium, and with that many roosters in the hen house someone is going to get pissed when they aren't on the podium.

I'd have to say I think Lorenzo can handle the pressure(he wouldn't be a champion if he couldn't), what I don't think he can handle is that bike. It's not his Yamaha and he knows it. The Ducati is whole other animal and one Lorenzo doesn't like. Sure he dials it in from time to time but then you can tell he's out to sea all of a sudden. I think everyone goes to Ducati for the money and that's about it. Hell for the kind of money Lorenzo is getting, I'd be more than happy to get half of his salary and ride that Ducati in dead last every race, and I'd do it with a big smile on my face.

With all the rumors going on, who knows what might happen at Ducati. Heard that Ducati might be looking at Zarco. Which, I think Zarco would do better than Lorenzo on the Ducati but I still think he would struggle same as Lorenzo. They both ride the same, very smooth and precise. Zarco is a bit more wild and I think that would bite him on the Ducati.

My opinion, I think Lorenzo would do well at Suzuki. I also think Zarco would do well at Suzuki. Very great handling bike that is forgiving. I think those two could push Suzuki's development up fast. But I've heard that Suzuki won't pay more than $3 Million for anyone. Zarco might jump at that, Lorenzo will laugh at that salary.

There's also rumors that Honda might be interested in Zarco, which would leave Pedrosa without a ride. And I could see Pedrosa going to Suzuki and probably winning on that bike. You know they would build him a bike that he wants and that guy would be fast there. Heard HRC might take Crutchlow if Pedrosa leaves, and I think that's a bad move. Crutchlow is good but on a Repsol, would be a waste. You think he has his head in Marquez' ass now, wait and see if Crutchlow gets a Repsol ride, it will be hard to tell where one ends and the other begins.

It's still early but I love the silly season.

Yamaha - Rossi, Vinales
    Honda - Marquez, ???
    Ducati - Dovi, maybe Petrucci or Zarco
    Suzuki - I bet Rins will stay, maybe Pedrosa if he's cut loose, or Zarco possibly.
    KTM - Zarco has a great shot here, then maybe Iannone. Let's face it, Smith and P. Espargaro are great as a sh*t sandwich and polished turd.
    Aprilia - who really cares, isn't Aprilia for where a racer's career goes to die?? Honestly, could see Iannone coming here. A. Espargaro would probably stay, similar to his brother = weaksauce
    LCR - Crutchlow will stay(contract til 2019), why?? I don't really care. Maybe they need more bikes crashed. You'd think a guy with a wife that hot, he'd leave racing and just bang her as much as possibly. Get it before Father Time does. Cause that's the thing with British chicks. Sure in the beginning they start out as Baby Spice. After a several years, yeah... it's Old Spice.
    Tech 3 - Morbidelli would be good here, but I think he's signed til 2019. I think Petrucci would do well here, except he's older and Tech 3 likes getting younger riders. So maybe Bagnaia?? Jack Miller could surprise as well and might end up here. Though, I think Miller could also snag a Aprilia ride as well.

Notice how Lorenzo doesn't fit in any of those scenarios. In all actuality he'll probably just swallow some pride and resign with Ducati at a massively reduced salary. Mainly just to have a ride for the next two years, in which I'm thinking he's going to see what Rossi does, and maybe come back to Yamaha. It's either that or just flat out retire. Because if he does resign, and has two more crappy years, then the guy is done.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Seeing this story about Lorenzo made me immediately go check Dear George. While Boris has not written anything about it yet I'm sure he will and it will be good. Check out the archives:

https://www.bikeme.tv/index.php/cate...s/dear-george/

Beg to differ on the Lorenzo can handle the pressure, he can’t. He only does well when he is not bothered and he gets that rhythm at the front but as soon as someone shows him a wheel, he starts to crumble. What’s happening now proves not only that but that Rossi developing Yamaha is the only reason why he is champion, with the exception of maybe and a big maybe Honda I don’t see that douche champ again with any other manufacturer. Again he’s not as good as he thinks he is, just a coincided spoiled mommy and daddy punk. Some will say well you wish you had that kind of talent but talent isn’t worth a fuck without mental tenacity which he lacks insanely cause he’s a coddled bitch. Anyways doesn’t surprise me that he is coming out with this bullshit now of all times, he’s feeling the pressure and he is starting to play the last cards from his desperate stack trying to make someone fuck up since his job is now at stake as so much young talent is coming up and his chances for a factory ride decrease by the day. I still think if he doesn’t deliver soon, Ducati will sign Petrucci
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Jesus that Q session was a shit show
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Jesus that Q session was a shit show
    I'm with you, except after seeing morning warmup, I think the race will also be a sh*t show. Guys times were all over the place. It's Marquez race to lose, but Pedrosa and even Rossi were showing decent pace. Everyone else could put in the quick lap, but the rest of the laps in their runs were all over the place. I also bet if it continues to dry, we get a flag-to-flag race, which will totally wreck the race.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Good ol’ Argentina weather
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

So what the hell did I just watch???

And let me get this shit straight. Three penalties in one race and all the guy gets is a 30 second penalty at the end for irresponsible riding. But back in 2015 another rider just pushes another rider off the track and gets a back of the grid penalty for the year ending race??

Where's the consistency of the calls in racing??

Oh yeah, and Zarco can now eat a dick for slamming into Pedrosa and crashing him out.. Zarco needs to be nailed for that one.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

There was insanely aggressive riding this round that was very unnecessary, bullshit move by MM man. That dude just hung himself on this one.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

There was insanely aggressive riding this round that was very unnecessary, bullshit move by MM man. That dude just hung himself on this one.
    Exactly, and not the good kind of aggressive riding. I think what we saw today was several riders just losing their minds. Apparently, Petrucci slammed into A. Espargaro as well, which isn't a surprise as Petrucci can ride very hard as well.

But the move Zarco put on Pedrosa was so borderline that I think he should have received the same ride through penalty. It's not like it's Zarco's first time doing it, that would make it different. But the assbag continually slams into other riders and makes moves when there is very little room. And it's one thing to make a hard move or pass and make it stick, and the other guys still remains on the bike, that's just good hard racing. But when you slam into guys repeatedly, cause crashes then something needs to be done. I get it, Zarco thinks he's hot sh*t because he's beating the factory Yamaha's but he needs to stop riding into people. The guy rides like a dick all the time.

And what can I say about Marquez?? You know, I thought the last two years he'd done some growing up and finally matured a bit. Showed a bit of professionalism and tact. Sure he still had the banzai attitude but was riding well and for the most part clean. But nope...today we get a glimpse of the old Marquez. Someone needs to take junior there by the ear and sit him down and tell him, that you can't always win. In fact, you will never win them all. Sometimes, your stupid ass needs to accept defeat, get what points you can and come back to fight another day.

If it were me, I'd of black flagged his ass at the end of the first lap for that flagrant disregard of the official telling him to start from pit lane. But this just shows the lack of leadership and poor managing of the races that DORNA practices.

Then he goes out and apparently believes he's no longer riding a MotoGP bike but a battering ram. Hell he hit everything else out on track, he should go find the pace car and hit that too.

That really was a disgrace of a race. Sure it was entertaining and somewhat comical in the beginning but then the wheels just came off after that.

At the very least, we need to see back of the grid starts for both Marquez and Zarco in Austin.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Oh damn, just seen on MotoGP.com Rossi and Marquez are doing a media debrief.. Wonder what went down??
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

They’re still live, go watch it
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

They’re still live, go watch it
    Yeah, I'm watching it now. Marquez took awhile to come to the table and start talking. Looks like he is about done and Alberto Puig is going to take the mics.

I ran it back to watch what Rossi said, and now seeing Marquez. Rossi had some strong words to say about the whole situation.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Yeah Rossi doesn’t seem to have any bad will but the way that MM is riding is excessively aggressive and just careless. He was going faster than everyone, he could have waited for a much safer area to pass. His decision making is very poor and someone will get hurt if this continues. Scary shit
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Yeah Rossi doesn’t seem to have any bad will but the way that MM is riding is excessively aggressive and just careless. He was going faster than everyone, he could have waited for a much safer area to pass. His decision making is very poor and someone will get hurt if this continues. Scary shit
    I'm getting a kick out of all the responses over on Crash.net, good grief it's almost comical the way the MM fans are saying go back and watch the video. They're saying Rossi closed the door and Rossi could have just run onto the grass and not fallen over. They are also saying watch the video and you will see Marquez not hitting Rossi deliberately. Mind you, I remember most of these guys from the 2015 incident that were all over the place claiming that Marquez was not dicking around with Rossi and getting in his way. I distinctly remember watching Rossi's onboard camera footage from Sepang 2015 and he was hit two good times by Marquez while they were chopping and passing each other.

And yeah, some are saying Rossi is being a bit over dramatic in saying he's afraid to race with Marquez knowing how he is with him. Yeah, I'm sure Rossi is laying it on a little thick, because really the situation presented itself. And he's going to take advantage of it, I know I would. Marquez really didn't do his bad reputation of hitting riders any justice today.

Sure Marquez is the fastest guy out there at the moment and he's got blistering pace. But he also rides like a dick and has a "win at all costs" mentality. I hate to say it, but I agree I think he's going to hurt somebody one of these days.

P.S.

The same idiots on Crash.net are also defending Zarco's pass on Pedrosa. Saying there was no contact and it was a clean pass. I mean really? If it there was no contact and it was clean, then why is Dani on the deck sliding off the track?? If Zarco didn't make the contact and if Zarco didn't attempt the pass, then I fully believe Dani would have finished the race.

I don't know why people are so adamant about defending these two riders and their actions.

I would pose this question. Why is it, when there is an incident on track between riders, almost invariably Zarco or Marquez names get attached to it? Hmm, that should tell people something, that the common denominator in many of these incidents are these two buttheads and the way they ride.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Guess it’s fine to run into people willingly and fast now
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Guess it’s fine to run into people willingly and fast now
    Sweet! MotoGP's gonna be a whole lot more fun this year!
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    Sweet! MotoGP's gonna be a whole lot more fun this year!
    #deathrace
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Lorenzo is being linked with a possible move to Suzuki if he is willing to take a pay cut which doesn’t sound farfetched now that Ducati is in no rush to re-sign him since they realized how bad of a bust he was ... at the end of the day rumors of course but I see Ducati signing Dovi and Petrucci next year. 17m salary to be barely top 10 on a championship contending bike, that’s sad as fuck. Suzuki is going to sign Alex Rins to an extension soon from the talks as well so the maniac may not even have a seat next year
    Last edited by madvlad; Wed Apr 11th, 2018 at 03:43 PM.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Lorenzo is being linked with a possible move to Suzuki if he is willing to take a pay cut which doesn’t sound farfetched now that Ducati is in no rush to re-sign him since they realized how bad of a bust he was ... at the end of the day rumors of course but I see Ducati signing Dovi and Petrucci next year. 17m salary to be barely top 10 on a championship contending bike, that’s sad as fuck. Suzuki is going to sign Alex Rins to an extension soon from the talks as well so the maniac may not even have a seat next year
    I've seen this as of last week. Heard rumors and rumblings going around on other sites. Didn't want to mention it as it seemed a bit just hearsay. But now, MotoGP.com have story about it, so I'd say it's a safe bet that it may be more true than we may know.

From what I've heard, he will be signing for a $6 million a year deal. You know that's still an awesome salary, yeah not the $17 million he's getting right now. But at least he'll get paid well and to ride for a factory team. A factory team that has a good bike in my opinion. I really wished Vinales would have stayed with Suzuki, I know he could have helped them develop a bike that could consistently win. Maybe not a championship willing bike, but I'm sure they could develop one in time with Vinales. Alas, Vinales wanted the prestige of riding for Yamaha on his resume and having a championship winning bike. Bet he's regretting that decision about now.

Wouldn't shock me if Ducati sign Petrucci or even Miller(though that's pushing it).

Oh yeah, heard also that the reason Lorenzo is slamming Dovi, is because apparently Dovi and Rossi are good friends. And this is Rossi's way of getting back at Lorenzo, by having him undermine him at Ducati.

P.S.

Also read a comment on crash.net that made a lot of sense and a thought that I've had for a very long time. It's odd to see Marquez doing all these banzai and breakneck maneuvers. Leaving nothing on the table and always going for it, as he's always ridden this way and will never change. Yet, if you remember Valencia 2015, Marquez was glued to Lorenzo's ass, and wouldn't pass him nor even show him a wheel. Yet, when Dani came by, Marquez just barged back through and wouldn't let him pass. Now that Lorenzo is accusing Dovi of helping Rossi, puts the whole 2015 campaign in perspective in that Marquez and Lorenzo colluded with each other to rob Rossi of the title.

You know, I've thought about it all week and have mainly just wanted to see what all the teams had to say about the incidents. I wanted to give Marquez the benefit of the doubt since 2015 and thought he had matured and was becoming a deserving champion. But after all that's transpired recently and considering how he was in the past. I've come to the conclusion that the guy is just a dick. I have to agree with Rossi in that, Marquez is bad for the sport if he continues to ride the way he does. Because he just uses others as bumpers to compensate for him blowing corners.

I think he really wanted to slam into people while racing, he needs to come over and run NASCAR. Course, he's going to get his butt served on a plate by those down home boys that only turn left. They live for trading paint.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"