Thread: New house security system

New house security system

Im building a new home (Done in January) and will be running some cat5 for some external cameras. I figure I might as well run a 4K system but havent decided yet. Im looking to do 3-4 bullet cameras and 1 dome that can be controlled via their app.

Whats anyone experience with these things?

Am looking at purchasing a 4K NVR w/ 2tb HD like this one and then purchasing individual cameras for each need
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-L...YAAOSwTQtZ-Pry
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

Re: New house security system

Sorry got nothing to contribute on that system, but since you know your electronics any reason you went wired vs wireless? I've been thinking about a wireless system.

Saw this one from your link https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lorex-4-Cam....c100009.m1982

For me 1080 is fine as 4k seems a bit overkill if just to collect evidence.....save the 4k for the bedroom camera

P.S. You really building this house yourself or just meant paid to get it built....just curious as I picture you in your carpenter belt.
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Nov 22nd, 2017 at 11:00 AM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    Im building a new home (Done in January)
    Who designed it? You should have hit me up. My homes have won awards...

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    ... any reason you went wired vs wireless?
    Hard-wire everything on new construction. Way more reliable, way more secure!
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    I so agree with you about this. I have done quite a few home security installs and some people might be amazed at how unreliable normal wireless can be in critical streaming situations.

Always cable cameras unless you just can't.

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    I so agree with you about this. I have done quite a few home security installs and some people might be amazed at how unreliable normal wireless can be in critical streaming situations.

Always cable cameras unless you just can't.
    Ok, makes sense and figured. For me it would be rough running wires, so that is why I am considering one of the wireless systems. Sucks to hear they are not that reliable....thanks.

I was considering the "Ring" system and doorbell...any thoughts on that one? https://ring.com/

Dumb questions, but I assume you have to hide/protect the wires right (as just run wires on side of house visible; yeah ghetto, just curious)? If not couldn't someone just cut them prior?
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Ok, makes sense and figured. For me it would be rough running wires, so that is why I am considering one of the wireless systems. Sucks to hear they are not that reliable....thanks.

I was considering the "Ring" system and doorbell...any thoughts on that one? https://ring.com/

Dumb questions, but I assume you have to hide/protect the wires right (as just run wires on side of house visible; yeah ghetto, just curious)? If not couldn't someone just cut them prior?
    If you're house is already built, you pretty much have to go wireless, unless you're really creative and want to drill a bunch of holes. However, if you have a ranch, it's pretty easy to wire through the attic.
    Kim & Dean

This lol, I do low voltage cabling now and fiber optics and yeah man definitely do all of this stuff as you're building cause it will be a cluster fuck if you do it after the finished product is up
    Last edited by madvlad; Wed Nov 22nd, 2017 at 09:13 PM.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

You know, I probably knew that in the back of my head. Wish I would have remembered! A company named Mayberry did the design.

I agree with the hard wire if possible. My biggest fear with recording is that you capture the moment the quality of the camera and storage of the event are not clear enough to make anything out. Especially at night. I feel like the with the 4K at least the raw footage has a shot of catching all the details. That and the last thing I want is for an interruption because of a disconnect from the router. Also, keep in mind that you need to run the electrical for the camera anyways, so you might as well just run both wires.

Can anyone comment on the clarity difference between 1080 and 4K on these things?
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

Well you could do POE if you're running to a switch or the recording box would work as a switch if it'll be running off a server if you dont want to power the cameras directly to power lines.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    You know, I probably knew that in the back of my head. Wish I would have remembered! A company named Mayberry did the design.

I agree with the hard wire if possible. My biggest fear with recording is that you capture the moment the quality of the camera and storage of the event are not clear enough to make anything out. Especially at night. I feel like the with the 4K at least the raw footage has a shot of catching all the details. That and the last thing I want is for an interruption because of a disconnect from the router. Also, keep in mind that you need to run the electrical for the camera anyways, so you might as well just run both wires.

Can anyone comment on the clarity difference between 1080 and 4K on these things?
    A friend has the eight camera set-up by Lorex. Since he's in a ranch, he was able to hard-wire. The cameras are powered by the BNC cable. So, only one cable per camera. It's 1080 and crystal clear even at night.
    Kim & Dean