Thread: Colorado Find Your Unclaimed Property

Colorado Find Your Unclaimed Property

Heard about this on tv and radio and figured I'd check it out. Claims I have over $600 from an old mortgage. Had to get proof together and notarized and sent it in (notary told me she had done these before and they are real). From what I heard this is legit...the scams are the ones that make you pay...this is free and appears to be a CO state website. So far they have received my claim and reviewing it, so I'll let you guys know if it works, but worth a shot.

https://colorado.findyourunclaimedproperty.com/

P.S. If you do get anything back I accept a finders fee
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Re: Colorado Find Your Unclaimed Property

Says I have $60 from the Department of Revenue when I lived in Lakewood.

Finders fee: A decent high five.
    Last edited by Mother Goose; Fri Dec 22nd, 2017 at 08:48 AM.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    Says I have $60 from the Department of Revenue when I lived in Lakewood.

Finders fee: A decent high five.
    Nice....you going to claim it? Not sure lower amount have to be notarized.

You could let me borrow that Gran Turismo instead

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Nice....you going to claim it? Not sure lower amount have to be notarized.

You could let me borrow that Gran Turismo instead
    I think so. I got screwed during that whole ordeal, so getting money back from it isn't a horrible idea. It said if it's over $100 it needs to be notarized.

Oh yeah, that game! I've played it once since we last talked about it. Need a wheel to borrow too?
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

I reclaimed a few bucks from this "Great Payback" about 10 years ago. A bit of a hassle, but netted me a couple hundred bucks from a job that owed me.

My parents still have two listings, but they've been on there since I got mine. I don't think they care!
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

I recovered $2000 from the state of Oklahoma for a long forgotten life insurance policy my dad had. It took a while and I had to track down a death cert for a former wife, but it was worth the trouble.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Yeah I got under two hundred few years ago. Just amazes me how an organization cares to help get your unclaimed funds.

How long did it take you guys to get the check? I'm sure it is a slow process, but my status has been that they are reviewing it for the last few weeks and wondering how long this takes.....

How long did it take you guys to get the check? I'm sure it is a slow process, but my status has been that they are reviewing it for the last few weeks and wondering how long this takes.....
    Did some research....does not look good.....up to 11 months to get refund...wow

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/03/0...d-by-problems/

DENVER (CBS4)– A CBS4 Investigation has found that the Great Colorado Payback- a state program aimed at reuniting people with their unclaimed or forgotten money- is plagued by problems that are delaying payments by more than a year, in many cases.

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

It says I've got under $50 (based on the name of the holder, it's a former employer of mine). I filled out the online form, and received the more detailed form via email, but I'm always leery about putting my SSN on anything, and uploading it to a site that isn't part of colorado.gov... Does anybody have any links to confirmation that this is legit? I couldn't find any.
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    It says I've got under $50 (based on the name of the holder, it's a former employer of mine). I filled out the online form, and received the more detailed form via email, but I'm always leery about putting my SSN on anything, and uploading it to a site that isn't part of colorado.gov... Does anybody have any links to confirmation that this is legit? I couldn't find any.
    Well we have three member's on here that posted they got a refund. I also checked with the notary that did mine and she stated she has done many and that it is legit. Last in post #10 there is a video with the Colorado State Treasure, Walker Stapleton, talking about the program.

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Well we have three member's on here that posted they got a refund. I also checked with the notary that did mine and she stated she has done many and that it is legit. Last in post #10 there is a video with the Colorado State Treasure, Walker Stapleton, talking about the program.
    I read that. I tried googling the legitimacy of colorado.findyourunclaimedproperty.com, but all I got was info on "The Great Colorado Payback" at a different URL (http://www.colorado.gov/treasury/gcp/ - which at least is on a colorado.gov website), but seems to be defunct (the Search feature results in a 404). Barn said he got his from the Great CO Payback ~10 years ago, FZRguy got his from Oklahoma (I was assuming directly from the state of OK, not via a CO-sponsored program, but I could be wrong), and mdub's was from a few years ago, so I'm not sure if his is from this new site, or the Great CO Payback, which now seems to be defunct. And as for your video with the State Treasurer, that refers to the Great CO Payback, not this (new?) website: https://colorado.findyourunclaimedproperty.com/, so I was just looking for confirmation that this new(?) site is legit...

... now that that I typed all of the above, I'm not going to delete it, but I will add this new finding, which, I think, confirms the legitimacy of the new site:

I entered greatcopayback.com into my browser, and got redirected to https://colorado.findyourunclaimedproperty.com/

I think it's legit now.
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.