Quote Originally Posted by DriverDave View Post
Wow, that's some serious hating on the Grand Cherokee. My 2016 Summit with the Hemi is pretty great in every way. It's no SRT but it's no slouch either, it does just fine when I put my foot into it, which is pretty much all the time. A lot has changed since 2011, perhaps you should test drive a new 2018 Hemi and see if you still feel the same way.
I wish I couldn't say it, or that it wasn't true. She has owned NOTHING but Jeep's for the last 3 decades. A 87? Cherokee, 95 GC, 98 GC, 01 GC, 07 GC, and now the 11. She'll be due for a new one soon, but we can't decide, the 11 has really put a sore taste in our mouths.

And this is all excluding the fact that Jeep really fucked me over on a warranty issue on my 2010 SRT8. All of the chrome plastic trim peeled, spotted, and basically turned to gray, and they told me they don't warranty the cars to be driven in inclement weather, which is what caused the delamination of the chrome trim pieces, and that it was my fault for driving in snow. The Jeep had 36,000 miles.

I looked at the 18. The engine hasn't changed since 2011. Hell it really hasn't changed since 2003, it's gained 2-3 trans gears and 15 hp in 15 years. The body hasn't significantly changed since they added a couple thousand pounds in 2011, and the interior is about the same too. I love the luxury options, the ventilated seats, heated everything, air suspension, etc. But stabbing the throttle leaves an image on a Ninja 250 in my head. All that noise and it never seems to get down the front straight. Plus stabbing the throttle causes it to drink like a sailor, and it's got a lot of reliability issues.