Thread: Home surveillance?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Home surveillance?

What does everyone use for home surveillance systems? Like cameras and such? The neighborhood I'm in has become a little shady unfortunately, caught a burglar in my neighbors shed just earlier today and trying to open the back door so wanting to put a reliable system with cameras up that will catch great and quality proof no matter the weather and light conditions. Thanks
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Re: Home surveillance?

I use the cheap Harbor Freight $60 monitor and two small camera setup. Works great, somewhat clear picture, weather doesn't seem to bother them. I don't use it to do recording, more just gives me a real time view as to what's going on outside the house. It does have the capability to send out to a recording device. Mainly to just alert me to anyone outside. Then I let my backup security system do it's thing. My backup system is made by Springfield, Smith & Wesson and Glock. Great companies, I like how you can bring them all together to form a solid cohesive security system
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

I've been looking at some of the Ring setups, and Conbrov spy cameras. Motion activated, loop records on SD card, email alerts. https://www.conbrov.com/
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Gold Member

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B073V...e+surveillance

I am currently finishing wiring this setup up. it works amazing. color daytime and night vision. I've setup the shop that is over 300 feet away from the house and it works fine. the setup was a little confusing at first but most of that came from my lack of tech knowledge and never doing this before. instructions are pretty basic but it does come with the ability to check your cameras from your phone. also you can setup through the app for notifications on movement.

all in all for the price it's pretty amazing.

That looks pretty cool for the $. Is a WiFi connection required to communicate with the app, or can the system be hard-wire connected to a desktop PC? Reason I ask is because I don't have a WiFi capable modem or router.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Cut the cord to the residence, then internet systems are compromised. Need a a 4g system.