Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
We're still learning about the traffic in the Springs now that we are closer to it than up north. Before, I'd avoid commuting unless I could take back roads and side streets. I still can't believe I commuted I-25 for six months and survived!

The others are right, with a KLX (Just picked up one again myself) you can get out of town and jump on the many dirt roads and trails out of the Springs (like picking up Rampart Range from Garden of the Gods).

Some of the best riding in the state is away from the Front Range. The city and foothills seem to have their share of idiots.

haha exactly!!! O_o i thought the road was closed from garden of the gods to 300 (rampart) did they open it again? that is so cool if they did!!

And yeah!! def going to take my MSF....going to take it next week. I am a big believer in safety so dont mind spending the money knowing i can die any day. Ive been riding everyday but not much close calls (unless dirt) could be I drive like a granny ha ha..i go the speed of traffic but keep my distance wayyy back..also try not to stay in a blind spot. I feel safer if cars pass me and see me vs me gunning it on the fast lane and a car merging into me. anytime I see a car making a left i slow down and get ready to slam my brakes reducing speed on impact.

ill def say if I was not paying attention and speeding I prob would have close calls such as little kids jumping out of the road one time chasing a ball, lady turning a left turn and she did not see me until she was in my lane and a car that almost ran a stop sign (pulled out pretty hard and i slammed my brakes, stalled, and she took off lolol)

been trying to master my brakes too since they are not ABS, but me being 220 lbs, seems pretty hard for the rear to lift up when i hit my front brakes hard

question though.....these U turns....can you guys explain where or what situation it happens a lot? like a U turn on a red light for them? or straight up in the middle of the road?