Thread: giving up my car for 2 wheels only!?

giving up my car for 2 wheels only!?

well, not selling my car or anything....in case of snow ice or rain.....but...man I feel so alive and happy when im driving my bike around town...even if its just errands. When I am in my car...I hate it..I rage at the drivers here and just want it to be over with. On my motorcycle....it dont bother me. I can be stuck on a red light super happy ha ha.

Im seriously thinking of just driving my motorcycle everywhere now...work...gym...small groceries..errands....food...

any of you guys feels the same way? Should I just give up my car (weather permitting) for just my bike? I am not a speed demon, but if I start feeling this way, I think I am going to buy a ninja 400 or that new honda cb 300 R

Re: giving up my car for 2 wheels only!?

A lot of people do it that way weather permitting, I had a few years I did that but keep your car though. If it makes you happy do it man
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

It's an admirable goal, saves gas, and makes you happy. But you're new... give it a while, and you either become an urban warrior on a bike or you say F-it, drivers trying to kill me ain't worth it.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    It's an admirable goal, saves gas, and makes you happy. But you're new... give it a while, and you either become an urban warrior on a bike or you say F-it, drivers trying to kill me ain't worth it.

yeah, i'd figure this is just a phase I am going through since it is new to me. So far, been driving everyday though, on my bike (weather permitting)

...so far so good, little minor stuff in traffic like cars merging into me and so, but able to pick it up pretty quickly. I am sure if it dies down, I would just use my bike to get to forest roads and stuff.

I am one year next month, two wheels only. Not for everyone but works for me.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post
    I am one year next month, two wheels only. Not for everyone but works for me.

very nice! these last few days been on everyday, except yesterday and today. try to avoid riding when the wind is 20MPH+ then it just pretty annoying when im on powers

just an update *in case anyone is interested*

Still daily everyday on my 2 wheels. Only issue I see is armor for legs and below. I wear some armor pants occasionally when its cold, but it gets hot throughout the day and it sucks. So, I use normal pants which I know wont protect. do you guys have recommendations on light armor type pants? maybe with even CE armor around the knees shins that I wont feel through the day

to add on, I dont think I will go back to my car for daily driving. Sure people are crazy here and bad at driving lol i get some pretty close calls often ... (i mean close calls like if im not paying attention i def would be in trouble) but i feel it definitely trains me on predicting traffic and realize when im in a "oh shit zone" better get away from this scenario

ive gotten pretty good at predicting whos going to make a left turn on me, which car is unsure to turn when a car is most likely going to merge what targets accidents etc etc.

pretty fun if you ask me...its like a video game lol.

I also notice weather is very bipolar. rains whenever, even though the weather channel says no raid - definitely have to get used to riding in the rain. Its funny a few days ago we had a random heavy rain day (no reports on weather channel) saw a few motrcyclst pulled over for it to stop which i understand can be scary and unpredictable.

Overall daily can be done, but definitely need a car when it comes to picking up bulky items. (there is always delivery of course)