Thread: Announcement: The CSC & Social Media + Head of PR & Social Events Coordinator

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Announcement: The CSC & Social Media + Head of PR & Social Events Coordinator

It's probably long overdue, but we're finally going to bring the CSC into the modern age of Social Media. The forums aren't going away, but an account there will no longer be the only official membership into the club. We will have to rewrite some of the rules to adapt to this growth, but right now we're looking at not only making the Facebook group official, but also setting up Twitter and Instagram accounts. Part of the aim with all of this is to help create a positive perception of the CSC to the public.

Use of the Forum started declining many years ago, perhaps as a result of the emerging popularity of Social Media. Some people moved away, others got married and/or had kids, and the social aspect of the club seemed to dissipate from a large social group into smaller cliques. The club has always been run by volunteers, and has benefited from those that have taken initiative to coordinate and put on events, but many of us have gotten busier as our careers and/or families evolved, and, unfortunately, there has been a steady decline of club events and/or dwindling participation over the past several years. I would like to take a moment to thank one particular individual, for several years of efforts in promoting the club and keeping the real-life social aspect going: bornwildnfree (Christi Little) - for several years, she was the primary volunteer, initiator, and coordinator - Thank you, Christi! Several of us would like to do more as a club again, and see the club grow back to a semblance of what it once was - a fellowship that extends beyond the computer screen & keyboard, and includes regular group rides, social events, and participating in charity events - the point is, getting out from behind the keyboard, and getting face-to-face with each other, and doing what we joined this club to do: Ride and Have Fun!

A long-time member recently approached me with some ideas, and volunteered to help make them happen. This brings some new blood into the aforementioned volunteers and coordinators. These ideas presented a shift in the way the club has done things in the past, but the timing felt right for a change, and to start making these ideas happen. Those of us that have been involved before, will continue to be, but to help orchestrate all of this, and hopefully get more of you involved, I'm pleased to announce that Heater (Heather Colton) is going be the CSC's Official Head of PR and Social Events Coordinator. She will be overseeing our interaction with vendors and sponsors with a win-win attitude and diplomacy, as well as being the go-to person for Social Events.

Some of these events will be based on things we've done in the past, but if you have any suggestions for things you'd like to see the club do, please let her know and we'll see what we can do to make that happen. Now, we might need some help in making these things happen, so if you suggest something, don't be surprised if we ask for your assistance in making it happen. On a related note, if you’re interested in helping out, or being part of the social committee, please let her know that as well! We're working on getting Heater an official email @cosportbikeclub.org, but for now she can be reached via PM.
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

Re: Announcement: The CSC & Social Media + Head of PR & Social Events Coordinator

i'd be terrible with social media since i dont have any profiles but looking forward to seeing what happens!!
    Current - 2008 Blue R6
    Sold - 2003 Custom Red R6

Cage - 2012 Nissan Frontier Pro4x

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Re: Announcement: The CSC & Social Media + Head of PR & Social Events Coordinator

The Forum isn't going anywhere, we're just (finally?) recognizing the Facebook group as being an official part of the club, and extending things to other social media platforms.
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

I’ll follow on instaface but I’m good on the whole facespace thing haha, I’ll still troll on here
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

IIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii don't use facebook......

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    IIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii don't use facebook......
    Thought I was the only one
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

The intimacy of the forum was kind of my favorite part of it, as opposed to the "scattershot" that I think many of the Social Media platforms fall victim to. Either way though, I definitely understand the drivers behind this move, and I wish both of the ladies well as they head-up these projects. Looking forward to the club's BBQ in July to see the impact!
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson