Quote Originally Posted by willc86 View Post
that is exactly what I am scared of. So far, on my bike, Ive been learning to let go almost instantly. I had a few wtf people, but the more I drive, the more I start thinking its not their fault, they just didnt see me bc I am so small and I let it go.

In a car, I think its more of "i feel like I am getting disrespected" if they cut in front of me, tail gate me, dont use their blinkers etc. However, I need to learn how to just ignore those things and not let it get to me. Man its just so frustrating...like dude use your blinkers...stop tailgating me.. etc

regardless I know on a bike is much different, and the instant emotions take over, it can be very dangerous since it can alter the way I drive and think...
There's two books you should look into reading, that may help with changing your mindset and taking on more ownership in yourself and life. One is called Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink and the other is Unbeatable Mind by Mark Divine.

Both books can help you with setting goals, changing your outlook on life, retooling the way you think and taking on personal ownership in all situations.

Now you'll get out of those books what you put in. And you can pick and choose things that will help you out. For me, specifically Unbeatable Mind, I had to not focus on the philosophical parts that Mark Divine talks about. For him, he's really big into Yogi and transcendental meditation. I don't believe in that sort of thing, so I used the more physical and practical examples to learn from.

Jocko Willink's book Extreme Ownership, gives many examples of how you can affect the situation and be part of the solution. You can also be part of the problem and that's where you need to focus extreme ownership and then offer up a solution. The concepts in the book are for leadership and growing teams within the corporate world, however there are many good lessons to learn from the book. Using them to then apply them to the way you live and view life. You can take extreme ownership in just day to day tasks.