Thread: LOCATION CHANGE: Season Kick-Off Ride (Reboot) Saturday May 26 8AM - 7-Eleven, Golden

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Arrow LOCATION CHANGE: Season Kick-Off Ride (Reboot) Saturday May 26 8AM - 7-Eleven, Golden

Kim, or was it Dean?, tried doing this but was called out of town. Then MadVlad (Damir) picked up the slack and discovered he had to work that same weekend, so I'm rebooting this (because rebooting a franchise is the popular thing to do these days) and hosting a Seasonal Kickoff/Newb/noob/n00b ride.

Lock in the dates now: the twelfth of May of this year, current era - or May 12, 2018 CE - weather pending. Should it be rainy or snowy we'll look at the 13th, but maybe the following week *** DATE CHANGED *** - NOW May 19 *** DATE CHANGED AGAIN *** - NOW May 26. I'll know and update as the date gets closer.

Depending on turnout we'll have multiple groups going, as we have in the past: slower (newbish), a more moderated pace and, as always, supersonic.

Let's say:

Golden 7-11, 8AM. I'd meet earlier but I live further away now and Golden is far. We'll do safety brief at 8:30 and then KSU. With the luck of the gods we'll all be on two-wheels before 9AM, but knowing CSC and riders as I do, I expect someone, or some-twenty, will show up late. Don't be that guy/gal.

I will have a route mapped that is fun and a little technical but not too much so for the newer riders or those still shaking off cobwebs (like me).

Please Note:

Required Gear:

Helmet
    Gloves
    Closed-toed shoes/boots
    Jacket

I'm not going to go around and inspect everyone's gear, but if I notice you have no helmet I'm going to ask you to leave. If you have no jacket, gloves or appropriate footwear and anything happens to you I promise you will get no sympathy from me.

If you want to be a Lead or a Sweep, please let me know in the comments: http://www.dailybikers.com/2014/10/g...ycle-brief.htm

I'm thinking what we'll do is ride, break for lunch and then people can split off from there and either continue their own rides or head home. I like this plan because it accommodates everyone's needs, as some people only get half-day hall passes and others want to stay out all day. Lunch locations suggestions are now being entertained. A variety of people have a variety of appetites and dietary restrictions, so please keep that in mind when making a suggestion. Vegetarians, for example, aren't going to do well at Five Guys and gluten-free people aren't going to find solace at a pizzeria. Capice? Also, it should have seating for a few people.

I'm going to post this in the CSC Facebook group, but this is where the updates and discussion will take place. If you comment over there I may not see it and your comment may go unheeded.

I checked and as far as I can tell there's no MRA events going on that weekend, so there's no excuses for some of you not to show.

If you need a bike to borrow, I hear Barn has like 15 and Spiderman has a few extras. ;P

And, feel free to share this post around with other groups you may belong to. There will be a slower riding group so your Harley friend is welcome to join. I'm not looking to create a color-war with any other organizations out there so please use discretion when inviting other riders.

But, let's make this fun. The Newb Ride used to be a chance for more established riders to set an example for newer riders and I still believe those of us with more experience can set that example. That means we ride smart and responsibly. If you want to act a fool you can do it on your own time.

Oh, and the final caveat: if you do something stupid (re: douchebaggery) and draw unwanted attention or endanger the group I will kick you off the ride. No ifs, ands or buts.

Please chime in and let me know if you plan on making it. I'd like a rough headcount so I can decide on group sizes, number of sweeps and leads, and how many maps I need to share.

Did I miss anything?

And ... comment
    Last edited by Jason ON; Thu May 24th, 2018 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Change Location
    Photogallery * Google+ * Facebook! * STFU
    Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    god bless thongs and low self esteem women.