Thread: best sports touring bike!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

best sports touring bike!

Hey CO folks! So....my wife actually likes riding now; you know what that means! I need to get a sports touring bike (sports being my idea)

Anyhow, I have been eyeing 3 bikes

Ninja 1000 (2017+)
    Ninja 650 (2017+)
    versys 1000

Now, ninja 1000 really has my attention. It is actually a sport touring bike and not a super sport. The site even has it labeled as a 2 up touring bike where the suspensions have been adjusted. There is even a quick pre load adjustment in the back..which is highly in favor for me. I also consider this bike will be my daily driver as I have been taking by cb500x as a daily, until I get a rally raid for it

and straight words from the site

"The ultimate sport tourer infused with superbike technology makes it the Ninja 1000 ABS motorcycle. From the daily urban commute to back roads and 2-up touring"

https://www.kawasaki.com/Products/2018-Ninja-1000-ABS

I was wondering what you guys think about it. I believe the seating is more of a "touring comfort" type, so comfort is obviously something I would like to consider. Of course, power is one of the reason I want the 1000 as well when I feel like I want to ride it as a sports bike

I was wondering if anyone has experience with adventure riding on the ninja1000 touring sports
    Last edited by willc86; Tue Jun 12th, 2018 at 04:00 PM.