Thread: best sports touring bike!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: best sports touring bike!

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    I've ridden the Ninja 1000 (a full day w/ a passenger) and I seriously thought about getting one. But I was still in my "gotta go fast and look cool" stage, so I didn't end up getting one. I'd still consider one if I wasn't looking to go a totally different route for my next bike.
    funny who that works... started for me when I bought the troublestrada. Fell in love with the more comfortable riding position, still had plenty of power and sportiness.

Now, ADV road beast mode with the Aprilia Caponord Rally. It's definitely no sportbike or sport-tourer, but has more than enough to get going, and all the ugly so the other ADV riders don't mind it either. Also comfy enough to put 600 - 700 miles on it in a day without being crippled the next.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    funny who that works... started for me when I bought the troublestrada. Fell in love with the more comfortable riding position, still had plenty of power and sportiness.

Now, ADV road beast mode with the Aprilia Caponord Rally. It's definitely no sportbike or sport-tourer, but has more than enough to get going, and all the ugly so the other ADV riders don't mind it either. Also comfy enough to put 600 - 700 miles on it in a day without being crippled the next.
    It's funny that I've never been really attracted to the whole adventure side of things. I'd get a WR before I went full Adventure. My next bike, I'm leaning towards the cruiser side, the Yamaha Raider to be exact.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

It's funny that I've never been really attracted to the whole adventure side of things. I'd get a WR before I went full Adventure. My next bike, I'm leaning towards the cruiser side, the Yamaha Raider to be exact.
    I wouldn't mind adding a bobber style cruiser bike to the garage, but that's going to be a while since I just picked up a second car that I plan on tracking in the future... Too many expensive hobbies!
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Pretty sure everyone knows Kim and I both have WRs and street bikes. Every time we go for a ride, we talk about how much we want adventure tourers. Sick of the crotch rockets, and the WRs vibrate your nuts off at 80 mph!
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    Pretty sure everyone knows Kim and I both have WRs and street bikes. Every time we go for a ride, we talk about how much we want adventure tourers. Sick of the crotch rockets, and the WRs vibrate your nuts off at 80 mph!
    That doesn't sound fun. I used to hate my VStar 1100 because it is so slow and loud, but as I age it becomes much more comfortable than my Ninja.