Well fuck. I had a lengthy reply (for an iPad) all typed out, then went searching for a pic of an ex’s BMW (for the model #), had trouble finding it, and when I finally did, and came back here, the page reloaded and all was lost.

Lets see see if I can remember what I wrote...

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post
I toured 30k miles on a '98 FZR600 with a Oxford tail pack. Creative packing and traveled light. Worked for me.
My R1 is still my favorite touring bike! (Seriously)
I have Nelson-Riggs saddlebags and tailback, and that combo allows me to easily strap in a tent, air mattress, and similar necessities, while still letting me enjoy the twisties! I even carried a camp chair & table for my trip to COTA last year for MotoGP (I’m still kinda bummed that work commitments prevented me from making that same journey again this year). Of course, this setup doesn’t lend itself well to riding 2-up...
if I were to be in the market for something like that, I’d take a serious look at BMW. I rode an ex’s R1200RT, and was very impressed with how well it handled, its power, comfort, and niceties (e.g.: heated seats, heated grips, electronically adjustable windscreen).