Thread: 2018 CSC BBQ - Sat. 7/07 - Sponsored by Performance Cycle & The O'Sullivan Law Firm

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

2018 CSC BBQ - Sat. 7/07 - Sponsored by Performance Cycle & The O'Sullivan Law Firm

It's on (again) like Donkey Kong!!!

THE 2018 ANNUAL CSC BBQ!!!

When: Saturday July 7th, starting around noon. Goes till we're done (things usually start winding down around 4)

Where: Clement Park in Littleton *** SHELTER I ***

What: The grill will be going with burgers, dogs, & brats; you're welcome to bring other meat to grill (more food/drink options below)

Who: Family is welcome, and this is kid/dog friendly (pets and some kids must be leashed!)

This year's BBQ is made possible with help from
    Performance Cycle & The O'Sullivan Law Firm

How Do I get There?
    We are in shelter "I" again. From Wadsworth and Bowles, go East on Bowles half a mile to the park entrance by the library (at W. Long Dr.) Follow the road up and around the back of the library and through the parking lot towards the skate park. Paved parking is available next to the picnic site.

What Can I Bring? How Can I Help?
    We have both stepped up to help supply hot-dogs, brats, burgers, buns, and some basic condiments (as well as plates, cups, cutlery, & napkins); If you have something else you'd like us to grill, feel free to bring it! Beyond that we appreciate people bringing a side-dish, soda, dessert, or something else tasty to share. We've had some great smoked brisket, soups & salads in the past - keep it up! Post up and let us know what you're going to bring - we'll keep an updated list lower down in this post.

How Do I Bring Food and Ride?
    If you're planning on riding to the picnic, obviously, you can either pack it in a backpack, or strap it to the back seat, but another option would be to pass it off to someone who is caging it. We'll start a list below of cagers who can take stuff there for people. If you do go this route, please don't expect them to pick it up from your house - you need to make arrangements to get it wherever it needs to be.

Who is Caging It and Transporting Food for People?
    This will help those of you on bikes arrange a cage to get your soup, chili, or whatever to the picnic. If you can volunteer please post up, but include your general location! Expect some people to PM you asking for your services. If you need food brought for you, PM one of these people.

Caging/Transporting Food:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    I'll be driving the Cherokee. So you can bring your stuff by my house off Iliff & Parker (by Vickery Motorsports and where Caldonia's use to be) and I'll bring it with me.

What Food is already being brought:
    - Chips and Guacamole - Mother Goose
    - Cheesecake - madvlad
    - A few bags of chips with some Doritos Mild & Medium dip - madvlad

Other Food ideas:
    - Potato salad
    - Macaroni salad
    - Cole slaw
    - Chili
    - Green chili
    - BBQ baked beans
    - Chips and/or dip
    - Fruit salad
    - Vegetables & dip
    - Watermelon
    - Pie
    - Cake
    - Cookies
    - Soda/drinks
    - Water
    - ??? (any suggestions?)

Other stuff we can use:
    - LARGE coolers
    - ice ice baby
    - EZ-up canopies
    - camp chairs
    - games (ie: volleyball net; football; frisbee; etc
    Last edited by Spiderman; Tue Jun 26th, 2018 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Updated who's bringing what, and who's caging it
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

Re: 2018 CSC BBQ - Sat. 7/07 - Sponsored by Performance Cycle & The O'Sullivan Law Fi

Bump!

I'm happy to announce that The O'Sullivan Law Firm has stepped up to help with sponsoring this event!

This is just under 2 weeks away! Who's coming??
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
    R.I.P. 502

Re: 2018 CSC BBQ - Sat. 7/07 - Sponsored by Performance Cycle & The O'Sullivan Law Fi

I’m in along with my friend Chris and maybe his brother that’s new to riding. Just trying to figure out what to bring and how to get it there lol. So what’s the most needed at the moment? Not sure who has offered what since I’m sure it’s also been posted on facespace

Thanks to Performance and O’Sullivan for the sponsorship on this
    Last edited by madvlad; Sun Jun 24th, 2018 at 12:49 PM.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Believe it or not, Damir, you're the first person to say anything (on any of the postings, here and FB) about bringing something, so it's all up for grabs ATM. Whatever sounds good to you, man!
    R.I.P. 502

Wow that’s surprising and being so close to the date already hopefully people actually show up to this, mainly after some that wanted it so badly to happen.

I’ll bring a case of water, some sugar free drinks for those of us who can’t have much sugar and some cheesecake yes I know ironic. I’ll confirm to see what Chris and his brother Nick may bring once I hear from them (Chris has a newborn so been rather busy I’m sure lol ). I can up the count of drinks and type if there are more confirmed people as we move closer to date but don’t want to buy a shit ton of drinks and have like 4 people show up
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

In. Will figure out something to bring. Yeah seem to remember more active interest for the last time this happened.
    "On a cycle the frame is gone. You're completely in contact with it all. You're in the scene, not just watching it anymore, and the sense of presence is overwhelming.” Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Wow that’s surprising and being so close to the date already hopefully people actually show up to this, mainly after some that wanted it so badly to happen.

I’ll bring a case of water, some sugar free drinks for those of us who can’t have much sugar and some cheesecake yes I know ironic. I’ll confirm to see what Chris and his brother Nick may bring once I hear from them (Chris has a newborn so been rather busy I’m sure lol ). I can up the count of drinks and type if there are more confirmed people as we move closer to date but don’t want to buy a shit ton of drinks and have like 4 people show up
    Non-alcoholic beverages are being taken care of (thanks to our sponsors), but cheesecake sounds awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Okrapp View Post
    In. Will figure out something to bring. Yeah seem to remember more active interest for the last time this happened.
    Tell your friends!
    Seriously (and this goes for everyone who reads this):
    Get in touch with your riding buddies and urge them to attend - the more the merrier!!
    R.I.P. 502

Please some Fresca for me then spidey if you don’t mind (gotta love diabetus ) I’ll bring cheesecake then and few bags of chips with some of those Doritos mild and medium dip then for now and I can cover the ice if whoever is bringing the coolers can buy it and I can gladly give the cash back if that’s an option.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Please some Fresca for me then spidey if you don’t mind (gotta love diabetus ) I’ll bring cheesecake then and few bags of chips with some of those Doritos mild and medium dip then for now and I can cover the ice if whoever is bringing the coolers can buy it and I can gladly give the cash back if that’s an option.
    R.I.P. 502

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

I should be able to make it. I'll bring some chips and make guac.

If anyone would like to ride and not carry anything, I'll be driving the Cherokee. So you can bring your stuff by my house off Iliff & Parker (by Vickery Motorsports and where Caldonia's use to be) and I'll bring it with me.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    I should be able to make it. I'll bring some chips and make guac.

If anyone would like to ride and not carry anything, I'll be driving the Cherokee. So you can bring your stuff by my house off Iliff & Parker (by Vickery Motorsports and where Caldonia's use to be) and I'll bring it with me.
    R.I.P. 502

First post updated with who's bringing what, and who's caging it (and offering to transport food for others who want to ride).
    R.I.P. 502

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

For those of you on Faceplant, you already saw my response.... Sorry that I can't make this year's Q.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quitter
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    For those of you on Faceplant, you already saw my response.... Sorry that I can't make this year's Q.
    Oddly enough, I saw this response before I saw the one on FB.

Quitter
    R.I.P. 502

Unfortunately I'm out of town.
    Blair
    2000 GSX750F, 2003 YZ450F, 2004 GSXR750, 2006 ZX-14
    2013 CBR500R, 2016 YZF-R6 - MRA #760

working
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post
    working
    R.I.P. 502

Bringing chicken tacos.
    "On a cycle the frame is gone. You're completely in contact with it all. You're in the scene, not just watching it anymore, and the sense of presence is overwhelming.” Pirsig