Thread: Box truck tries to run over passing motorcycles.

Box truck tries to run over passing motorcycles.

For those of you that are not on Facebook, this happened on a group ride Saturday. https://youtu.be/uxPd0M1LvjY Yes, everyone knows it was a very foolish place to pass, still no excuse for the trucks response.

Re: Box truck tries to run over passing motorcycles.

Wished it was a little more clear video is grainy(I'm even viewing this on a 32in screen as well). From that far back it is hard to see exactly what happened. But if you pause at 3 seconds and then click play and pause real quick and get to 4 seconds in, it looks like something is in front of the box truck and then it moves in front of the truck, then he(box truck) makes what looks like a lane change to avoid it. Then the other passing bikes were caught up in it as well.

I've replayed it over and over(about 20 times now). It looks to be an object/a person or something just in front, sliding to the right.

So my question is, did a biker try to make a pass and then loose it in front of the box truck??? If that is the case, then the box truck looks to be trying to avoid whatever is in the road in front of him.

Honestly, not taking sides at all in this. But it looks to me, that a biker attempting to make a pass, lost it in front of the box truck. The box truck then tries to avoid the downed biker. But at that point, other bikes were already attempting to pass as well, and he forced them wide and a couple went down.

If that really is the case, based on what I can see. Then it seems to be the fault lies with the bikes. 1st is the rider that lost it attempting the pass, thus forcing the box truck into an invasive swerve. 2nd are the rest of the bikes attempting to pass as well and they all are extremely stupid, as they are passing on double yellow lines, going into a blind curve.

P.S.
    part where the truck is at fault, is continuing to keep on driving. He may however, not felt any impacts from the small bikes. Too many variables and not enough close up video for better confirmation of how it all went down.

P.S.S.
    o.k. so upon viewing it again. The guy I thought the truck swerved to miss was actually the last guy to lay it down. So then what the heck was in front of the truck?? There are what appear two dark objects that shoot out of just in front of the box truck(from the 3 second, transitioning to the 4 second part of the video). So I'm wondering, was it maybe dogs or animals in the road?? Cause at the point where I see the two objects, none of the bikes are yet up next to the truck and that is when he begins his lane change. Then after it all settles down, there's just the guys side box/bag laying off to the side but those two other dark objects are gone.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Mon Jul 23rd, 2018 at 10:17 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

I need to look into a better editing program. Truck driver cut across the entire lane trying to hit the first bike passing him. The back of his truck clipped the second rider sending him into the third rider. They both went down and another rider went down trying avoid running into the back of the truck.

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    P.S.S.
    o.k. so upon viewing it again. The guy I thought the truck swerved to miss was actually the last guy to lay it down. So then what the heck was in front of the truck?? There are what appear two dark objects that shoot out of just in front of the box truck(from the 3 second, transitioning to the 4 second part of the video). So I'm wondering, was it maybe dogs or animals in the road?? Cause at the point where I see the two objects, none of the bikes are yet up next to the truck and that is when he begins his lane change. Then after it all settles down, there's just the guys side box/bag laying off to the side but those two other dark objects are gone.
    The mailbox?
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by 06xbss View Post
    I need to look into a better editing program. Truck driver cut across the entire lane trying to hit the first bike passing him. The back of his truck clipped the second rider sending him into the third rider. They both went down and another rider went down trying avoid running into the back of the truck.
    Well that's crappy then and I'm sure he's going to enjoy some jail time for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    The mailbox?
    Can't tell, the objects disappear quickly and aren't seen after the truck passes, least on my screen. That's why I thought it might have been some animals, that just ran out in front and took off into the trees.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."