Thread: beginner races / track days? Where do I start

beginner races / track days? Where do I start

Hey all, so I am thining of doing some track days, but dont want to get in anyones way, especially for how slow I am. I am wondering how do I start, where can I go (near COS)

and say I want to start racing for beginners with no experience, how do I start?

ive always craved speed, but I feel the streets are not for it, so I want to keep it safe and in the track

Re: beginner races / track days? Where do I start

Look into the MRA superstreet program. http://www.mra-racing.org/ There are 2 tracks near you, Pueblo Motor sports park and Pikes Peak International Raceway.

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 06xbss View Post
    Look into the MRA superstreet program. http://www.mra-racing.org/ There are 2 tracks near you, Pueblo Motorsports Park and Pikes Peak International Raceway
    We won't be at either of those tracks for the rest of the season. We'll be at High Plains Raceway near Byers, CO. So if you want to try out superstreet, you'll need to head up that way.

Pueblo does have some track days that you can just go out and try it out. There's a few MRA guys out there for those track days, and most are more than willing to help out a new person. If you do go out and think you're slow, just be consistent with your lines and not all over the place. Study the layout of the track a few days before going out so you are familiar with the track and find some youtube videos. That will help you out tremendously. Be predictable on track and you'll be fine. It's the passing rider's responsibility to get around you safely, and it's easier to do that when you are smooth and consistent. Most of all, relax and have fun!
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by 06xbss View Post
    Look into the MRA superstreet program. http://www.mra-racing.org/ There are 2 tracks near you, Pueblo Motor sports park and Pikes Peak International Raceway.

I appreciate it! do they have beginner racing also and also beginner track days? or is it all come all serve? and if im pretty slow and getting used to it, what should I do? any general rules

Just riding the bike and learning to be smooth will help.. not just track days but time on the bike getting your subconscious in tune.
    2000 Zx-12R; 2007 GSXR 600 (bosses bike)
    2016 BMW R1200RS Granite FOG ride
    09 G8GT, 02 WJ

Yamaha Champions Riding School

Did both the street and day classes this year at HPR... money VERY well spent.

https://ridelikeachampion.com/
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Highly recommend the track in general and above options in particular.
    "On a cycle the frame is gone. You're completely in contact with it all. You're in the scene, not just watching it anymore, and the sense of presence is overwhelming.” Pirsig