Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
Hmmmm interesting! I haven't been notified and Verizon still has plenty of flip phones on their website.
She had an old Samsung Convoy and was told by Verizon that her phone would be deactivated and she would have to switch to a newer style phone. I'm sure she could have gone to a newer flip phone. She just had enough of Verizon.

T-Mobile did the same thing to me years ago(I want to say early 2000's), I was notified that my old Nokia brick phone was not going to work anymore(it was analog and everything was switching over to digital, least this is what I was told).

I see it as a way for phone companies to make customers buy new phones. Make the one they have obsolete and they have no choice but to buy an upgrade.

Which is why I just get a new smart phone every two or three years. Just avoid the inevitable and get a new phone. I really use mine a lot for work as a camera, mainly for verification of completed projects and work orders. And I can't complain about the quality of photos either. It's a camera with phone options LOL!!