Thread: 2019 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 2019 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

You can cultivate some talent, but there is always one who has natural talent and family money! Karl Abraham is the guy with money, yet he finishes mid pack or lower!

Re: 2019 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Quote Originally Posted by Kristian View Post
    You can cultivate some talent, but there is always one who has natural talent and family money! Karl Abraham is the guy with money, yet he finishes mid pack or lower!
    I think Karl Abraham is a good example of someone that buys their way in, but doesn't quite have the commitment. Sure he's got family money and I know that's what drives most of his participation, I think his family are living vicariously through Karl. Which is fine, do whatever must be done to scratch the itch. Karl has talent but gives off that I really don't want to give it my all attitude. Least that's how I see it. He does crash a lot though, so maybe he is pushing and just wrecks a lot.

But I think someone that was on the other end of the spectrum for instance, Casey Stoner. I read his book Pushing The Limits(good book by the way) and in it, he outlines and details what he and his family went through to get him to the brass ring. Early on, it was just him and his close family. Sure as he got going, the sponsors and teams starting to take notice. But he had to grind it out for a very long time in the process.

Guys like Stoner and others that are brought up in that sort of environment just have that "IT" factor. Some people have it, some don't. They have it to go that extra mile.

I agree with you, guys like Karl Abraham really shouldn't be there. It sucks to see Abraham stay and someone like Bautista gets the boot. But look at Bautista, one door closed and another opened and he's taking full advantage of it. He's going that extra mile and it is really showing.

There will always be those guys that pay to play. I see it all the time at the range. You'll guys with high dollar pistols or high end AR's and they shoot slow, can't move and really don't have much of a skillset. But boy they sure look cool!! But when time comes to get the business done, they blame their gear because they can't shoot. That's why I'll stick to my $400 Glocks and mil-spec AR's(what would be considered entry level) and ring steel, move and shoot and group paper all day long.

Plus I'm one of those that believes, you've got to like what you're doing. Better yet, love what you're doing. If you can't derive pleasure or enjoyment from what you're doing, then you will never maximize your potential in whatever it is you set your sights on.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."