Thread: 2019 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 2019 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Yeah I will agree with you on the comment he made there, definitely don't feel bad as he used Rossi to tow to pole position yesterday so if he would have started mid pack, it could have been a much different story for sure. Yeah man MV showed a bit of something there towards the end but just when you think there is light at the end of the tunnel for these guys, something goes south either during race day or practices/qualifiers, it's like it never goes right on both ends. They have either strong race pace but their qualifier sucked so they waste all of that fighting their way forward or they have a good qualifier but drop like flies. It's rather mind boggling to me what's going on at Yamaha at the moment for sure.
    I do find it rather odd as well, especially since they are lapping during the race close to three seconds off of what they qualified on. One would think, o.k. with the pace a lot less frantic, the Yamaha's will for sure put in a good fight and be there at the end.

And I understand that qualifying is just that, it's usually a couple super fast laps and that's it. But these guys were going quicker during their FP's and then come race time, everyone is just slower. So it would lead you to believe, that everyone will bunch up and be there at the end. Didn't happen that and really only two guys featured in the race.

So I'm not sure what Yamaha's problem is at the moment. Either they can't dial in their electronics for full race distance, or the tires took a huge dive again, or the temps went up and the bike chewed them up quicker. The speed is there for both Vinales and Rossi, but the bike isn't complete yet. Something is still missing.

Look at how the Suzuki was destroying the Honda in the flowing turns and tight turns. Yamaha's should have been doing the same thing.

But looking at how everyone(except Yamaha) have improved their engines and power delivery, it leads me to believe one thing for sure. That the Yamaha engine must be a real crapper...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    One more thing, Matt Birt can eat a d*ck. Stop saying, "you've got to really feel for Marquez, for doing all the work." Yeah, not really. He's ripped off wins from all kinds of riders in the past, and then the same thing happens to him and we are supposed to feel bad?? Sorry Matt, but pull you head out of Marquez' ass and realize he got slapped at the end.
    I thought the same thing

So I'm not sure what Yamaha's problem is at the moment. Either they can't dial in their electronics for full race distance, or the tires took a huge dive again, or the temps went up and the bike chewed them up quicker. The speed is there for both Vinales and Rossi, but the bike isn't complete yet. Something is still missing.
    I hope Yamaha comes to the fight next year with a truly redesigned machine.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    ... he used Rossi to tow to pole position yesterday so if he would have started mid pack, it could have been a much different story for sure. ...
    Pretty sure MM was going to pole whether Rossi was in front or not. He probably gained a little bit following Rossi, but his first run time would of still been on the front row.

I do find it rather odd as well, especially since they are lapping during the race close to three seconds off of what they qualified on. One would think, o.k. with the pace a lot less frantic, the Yamaha's will for sure put in a good fight and be there at the end.

And I understand that qualifying is just that, it's usually a couple super fast laps and that's it. But these guys were going quicker during their FP's and then come race time, everyone is just slower. So it would lead you to believe, that everyone will bunch up and be there at the end. Didn't happen that and really only two guys featured in the race.
    Everybody was going slower during the race. Looking at fastest lap differences between Q2 and the race:
    93: 1.8s
    46: 1.9s
    12: 1.4s

So everyone slowed down by about the same amount. Between temperature changes and tire changes it's not hard to believe a 1 - 2 second difference across the board for all riders. When your competitors have a couple tenths or more per lap on you (both in qualifying and the race), it's hard to stay with them.
    Blair
    2000 GSX750F, 2003 YZ450F, 2004 GSXR750, 2006 ZX-14
    2013 CBR500R, 2016 YZF-R6 - MRA #760

Quote Originally Posted by blaircsf View Post
    Pretty sure MM was going to pole whether Rossi was in front or not. He probably gained a little bit following Rossi, but his first run time would of still been on the front row.

Everybody was going slower during the race. Looking at fastest lap differences between Q2 and the race:
    93: 1.8s
    46: 1.9s
    12: 1.4s

So everyone slowed down by about the same amount. Between temperature changes and tire changes it's not hard to believe a 1 - 2 second difference across the board for all riders. When your competitors have a couple tenths or more per lap on you (both in qualifying and the race), it's hard to stay with them.
    Right, and I get all that but it's not like in Formula 1. In Formula 1, they have ridiculous time spreads. They can qualify a good 4 or 5 seconds faster than what race pace come race day will be. To me that's just absurd. Why the massive deviations of lap times?? Just goes to show what the cars are capable of, but only during Q sessions and not the actual race. Which in turn, can mask a particular driver's either advantage or disadvantages.

You have one lap wonders that look to have tons of pace and then show up as big turds during the race.

MotoGP for instance though, tends to be a little more closer in times and more competitive. Rossi showed very good pace during the FP's and had a more than solid Q2 session. But come race day it all went backwards for him(which is usually not the case, it's the other way around, he sucks in Q2 and then has to chew his way forward). Yes, everyone goes slower during the race but they still maintain that strong pace they showed during the practice sessions. Rossi, seemed to have lost all the pace he had in the practice sessions. 11 seconds off the winner is not showing strong pace, that's getting your pee pee slapped big time(especially starting the race in P2).

Vinales showed way more consistency and speed throughout the race. Which again shows, he brought his pace with him come race day. Same as Marquez and Rins. Where the hell was Rossi at??

It just goes to show, that the Yamaha really is sucking hind tit in some key areas. Both Vinales and Rossi should have been there fighting for the win and podium. Vinales was close, but Rossi didn't have a sniff. I don't think Fabio would have been close either though, as he'd of fell back with Morbidelli, still ahead of Franco.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."