Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

2019 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

2019 season starts now...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Re: 2019 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

winning
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

feel free to say it, we got issues. Good day for Yamaha although rain stopped the proceedings yet again but looking good. Lorenzo on a base set up and already 1.5 secs behind? That’s not bad at all I’d say. Morbidelli looking good on that M1 for sure. Good seeing Folger back and the rookies already looking good as well.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Interesting to see where everyone is shaking out, especially with better weather for day 2. It's always a bit hard to equate testing into race results because you never quite know who is testing/focusing on what. A number of the rookies seem pretty quick for their first time out on MotoGP machines.
    Blair
    2000 GSX750F, 2003 YZ450F, 2004 GSXR750, 2006 ZX-14
    2013 CBR500R, 2016 YZF-R6 - MRA #760

Yep, testing is just that testing. I think Vinales is going balls out because he's got something to prove and needs to see his name at the top of the time sheets. He reminds me of Lorenzo in a way, Lorenzo was always the one trying to go for the top of the timing sheets. Which is great and all but unless that works out in the race then it's just going fast when it doesn't matter.

Rossi will be interesting to watch, he likes the new engines but doesn't see much difference between the two. Though, they are better than the 2018 version. Vinales loves the new engines as well so we shall see how they all go. The paddock is heading to Jerez in a week or so for final testing of the year. My opinion, if Rossi can float in that top 6 area, then he's found something and will be on reserve until Qatar when it matters.

Morbidelli looks good, and so did Lorenzo considering his condition. Kind of blows Crutchlow's theory out of the water that the Honda is a hard bike to ride. I think it needs more aggressive and stronger riders. Which may be why Dani Pedrosa just never could get to grips with it this year. Crutchlow on the other hand, just isn't that good and I think that's why he struggles with it. I think we may see Lorenzo win a few races this year on the Honda.

Dovi and Petrucci looked good as well.

Here's how I see next year shaping up. Based on what we know and are seeing and will see in testing. It will be Marquez, Dovi, Lorenzo and Vinales as the main protagonists for next years championship crown. I think Rossi will be there, but not enough to challenge for the crown and will be lucky to get some wins next year. If Yamaha truly have sorted the bike, then I only forsee him taking a max of two or three race wins. Vinales will probably win four or five, with the rest being split by Marquez, Dovi and Lorenzo.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Bagnaia, Mir and Morbidelli will be guys to watch out for, they're already responding very well to the new bikes with impressive pace and consistent times on just base set ups. I will say Lorenzo will have much quicker success on the Honda than how long it took him to come around at Ducati and also if he can stay injury free and this will put insane pressure on Marquez to perform so he will be tested and we'll see how he handles it. Poor Zarco and Iannone are just hating life right now, mainly Iannone as his career is pretty much hanging on by a thread as it is but who knows what Aprilia may come up with that may surprise the grid although a long shot as both Aprilia and KTM seem to have enough funding but just not smart enough engineers/staff to produce a contending bike. If Petrucci wasn't competitive from the gates on that GP19 then he can go suck it, all these years at Ducati you'd think he would know how to ride those things already

Man the 2019 season can't come soon enough, so many good riders in this grid now that will have some amazing races and taking it to the seasoned out there cause they have something to prove to earn their seats in the near future, can't wait. We'll see how this testing at Jerez goes and that weather helps as well, Moto2 and MotoE just had their testing there and they were super crappy conditions as well. Those MotoE bikes are putting down some impressive times and seems like most riders like how well they handle and that their power delivery is not abrupt for being electric.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Nakagami in 2nd for a bit in late session today? Yeah, hopefully good signs for 2019 being interesting
    "On a cycle the frame is gone. You're completely in contact with it all. You're in the scene, not just watching it anymore, and the sense of presence is overwhelming.” Pirsig

Man these tests are proving to be crazy, rookies coming up to speed insanely quick and top 12 positions under a second? That's crazy, granted yes that can obviously be taken with a grain of salt since everyone is working on different things but you know some if not most will attempt a time attack at some point during testing and the rookies are attempting to set benchmark times and laps to be able to work on set up and they are not bad times at all. Very happy for Nakagami for sure, he was fastest and was rather consistent too so all of his hard work is paying off. The 2019 season is just cooking up to be amazing man, again cannot wait for March to come around already, fuck this winter mode shit
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Man these tests are proving to be crazy, rookies coming up to speed insanely quick and top 12 positions under a second? That's crazy, granted yes that can obviously be taken with a grain of salt since everyone is working on different things but you know some if not most will attempt a time attack at some point during testing and the rookies are attempting to set benchmark times and laps to be able to work on set up and they are not bad times at all. Very happy for Nakagami for sure, he was fastest and was rather consistent too so all of his hard work is paying off. The 2019 season is just cooking up to be amazing man, again cannot wait for March to come around already, fuck this winter mode shit
    Just to add fuel to the fire. I heard that the beans were spilled and Rossi wants engine #1 but Vinales wants engine #2 and Yamaha are going to go with Engine two, so there you have. It might be a shot across the bow for Rossi. He did some decent pace with the first engine and was quick. Since they've switched to the second engine. Vinales has pulled away and Rossi is still quick but not within striking distance anymore.

Could be Yamaha finally telling Rossi, it's this or nothing...

P.S.
    I know Rossi has gone with Engine #2, along with Vinales as they needed to be in concurrence as too which engine to use. But that's the rumor, that Rossi liked Engine #1 better.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Thu Nov 29th, 2018 at 08:17 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

And just when you think this dude has matured... nope! All he helped do was drain their bank account and start an unnecessary rifraf with Dovi. You’re good but not that good Lorenzo, Dovi,Pirro and Stoner did ALL of the development, you just came in to reap the rewards just like at Yamaha, give me a fucking break with this clown dude...

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/ne...a/4308109/amp/
    Last edited by madvlad; Sat Dec 8th, 2018 at 03:36 PM.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

This post really should have went here instead of the General Discussion thread:

"I think Ducati with Dovi is a threat for wins, especially on tracks where the Duc goes well at(may see Petrucci get close, though I won't hold my breath). I think Suzuki may pull off a win or two. The majority of wins will go to Honda, that's just a plain fact. I think we'll see a few here and there wins from Vinales.

Be honest with you, I don't see Rossi winning any races this year. He's not looking super fast with the new 2019 M1 and doesn't look in good form. If(big IF) Rossi does get things sorted with the new bike. Then I can see him snagging a couple wins, still have to battle his teammate for those wins though.

This year's title is between Marquez, Lorenzo and Dovi. With a wild card Vinales."
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    And just when you think this dude has matured... nope! All he helped do was drain their bank account and start an unnecessary rifraf with Dovi. You’re good but not that good Lorenzo, Dovi,Pirro and Stoner did ALL of the development, you just came in to reap the rewards just like at Yamaha, give me a fucking break with this clown dude...

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/ne...a/4308109/amp/
    Oh yeah, the dude is GOOD. Really G00d on a bike . And I believe you know it

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    Oh yeah, the dude is GOOD. Really G00d on a bike . And I believe you know it

Yep he is good on a bike. I think everyone knows that. That has no bearing on the fact that he is a toxic teammate.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    That has no bearing on the fact that he is a toxic teammate.
    Works for me... Gives Marquez something else to deal with and frees Dovi up to go after the championship!
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    Works for me... Gives Marquez something else to deal with and frees Dovi up to go after the championship!
    I have the same opinion.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Just booked my airfare and put in the time off request for Austin... Anyone else going this year? Madvlad... you playing in the pits again?
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!

Unsure yet, we may or may not be racing again but looking unlikely that this moment.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    Just booked my airfare and put in the time off request for Austin... Anyone else going this year? Madvlad... you playing in the pits again?
    I'll be there. I'll still be camping trackside, but I'm bringing my camper down this time (instead of tenting it).
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

Nice man, may pull the trigger and just gets tickets anyways in the next few even though I’m sure it’s getting more expensive by the minute as far as hotel and such
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Paddock passes are already sold out. GA tickets go up at the end of the month (currently $89, I think they go up to $99).
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

I'm working with a COTA rep to get my (our) tickets. The seats I want are gone (they gave them to ducati island... those bastards!).

So, the season ticket holders have until the 31st to claim their seats, and after that, unclaimed seats go up for sale. I have a meeting on 2/1 to get our seats. We usually do the 3-day flex pass. T-1 on Fri, T-15 on Sat & Grandstand on Sun.

One of these years I may throw the tuono in the back of a truck and haul a camper down just to say I did... sounds like a fun checklist item.

Inching closer and closer to the first race of the season and the teams are starting to unveil their new livery paint schemes for the year. Now, I'm not the biggest fan of Ducati by any means. But I've got to hand it to them on their new colors. The new bikes look sharp and are very refined looking. I love the blood red color scheme looks for classy.

http://www.motogp.com/en/video_update/2019/01/18/highlights-2019-ducati-team-launch/281680

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2019/0...am-2019/281604
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Yeah the Duc looks sharp although I dislike red in general. Bad news for Lorenzo though, broke his wrist in training. Sure hope it doesn’t affect the start to the season for him very much, he’s the only one that can truly give MM a run anymore, Yamaha won’t be in it this season as Ducati is wishy washy and can’t depend on them being consistent.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1