Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Re: 2019 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Yeah I was just happy to see some good scraps man and the others taking it to Marquez. Yamaha has a really bad weekend but it will only get worse for these guys, doesn’t seem like they have an answer to anything right now.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

It was a great race. Hope that rest of the season's races will have similar excitement!
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    It was a great race. Hope that rest of the season's races will have similar excitement!
    Agreed!
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Sure hope so, that was a blast and had to replay it lol
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Man Quartararo is one strong dude, it’s like he didn’t have arm pump surgery. His future is very bright if he carries this type of form and Yamaha happens to deliver a better bike in the near future. Should be another good scrap tomorrow, some good pace being shown by everyone
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

It was a good Q2, everyone looks fast and have good pace. Let's see what the race brings.

EDIT:
    Also not sure if it will be a for sure thing. But guess Vinales might get a penalty for cruising on track while it was still hot. Just saw the video of him in the way of Quatararo and Petrux. If it does happen, I'm sure it will shuffle the order up behind him a bit. I'd imagine they give him either a 1 place grid or a 5 place grid penalty. Wasn't on purpose but he should have been more aware of his surroundings.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Sat Jun 15th, 2019 at 09:41 AM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Looks like they awarded him a 3 spot
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Well that race sucked....
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Man Lorenzo really fuckered this one up, what are the odds he takes out some in title contention specifically Dovi... what a rookie mistake by this guy and well Marquez pretty much has the title in the bag now due to this, guess Lorenzo paying the favor in 2015 back... Quartararo is just looking amazingly strong and like a man on a mission, has some things to work on of course but very sharp overall. Well earned podium for Petronas and Quartararo, this shows that the thirst and want is greater in the Petronas garage than in the factory garage, this kid is making this Yamaha work insanely well.... well shit yet another snoozefest unfortunately although this race had promise to be a great one like last round cause Yamaha showed great pace as well to stick their nose in that fight
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Well that race sucked....
    yep...……..

MotoGP has become quite the snooze fest
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    yep...……..

MotoGP has become quite the snooze fest
    There were some good battles from P2 back. But the incident at T10 really took the main protagonists out of contention and the possibility of having a very good race waved bye-bye to everyone.

I was even expecting to see some good pace from Lorenzo. Knew Dovi, Vinales and Rossi had some good pace as well. So it was shaping up to be a good race. Then it went south, and fast...

LOL!! check out Vinales shooting Lorenzo the finger. Have to admit that's pretty funny. Dovi's face says it all too...

http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2019...p-crash/296821
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Sun Jun 16th, 2019 at 08:16 AM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

I always enjoy reading articles by Mat Oxley, and found his article on this race to be good:
    https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/o...-crashed-alone
    There is no doubt that Lorenzo made a mistake, but all the conspiracy theories are a bit over the top.

The other thing to keep in mind is Marquez and Dovizioso have now finished the same number of races (I'm not saying the situations are the same, but the number of finishes are). I know a lot of people dislike Marquez, but if he wins the championship this year this incident may not even matter.
    Blair
    2000 GSX750F, 2003 YZ450F, 2004 GSXR750, 2006 ZX-14
    2013 CBR500R, 2016 YZF-R6 - MRA #760

Quote Originally Posted by blaircsf View Post
    I always enjoy reading articles by Mat Oxley, and found his article on this race to be good:
    https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/o...-crashed-alone
    There is no doubt that Lorenzo made a mistake, but all the conspiracy theories are a bit over the top.

The other thing to keep in mind is Marquez and Dovizioso have now finished the same number of races (I'm not saying the situations are the same, but the number of finishes are). I know a lot of people dislike Marquez, but if he wins the championship this year this incident may not even matter.
    I have to agree, I don't believe the conspiracy surrounding all of this. It was a racing incident from Lorenzo, more of a rookie mistake but a mistake non-the-less. My take is he just over cooked it because he was coming in so fast and Dovi stopped a little hard trying to get back on line. Vinales was on the outside and just taking the corner as a matter of course because of Dovi's position, Lorenzo came in and the rest was history.

Vinales really has the main right to be angry as this is the third time he's been taken out by someone else. This one really isn't his fault, some might say his previous tangles with other riders are a result of a bad qualification or botching his usual starts. But he was at the sharp end this time and really doing his best to stay near the front. So no blame can be laid upon him. Just wrong place, wrong time.

What really is pissing me off, is how everyone has so much compassion for Dovi and Vinales, and they aren't being really too hard on Lorenzo. But the real person to blame 100% is Rossi for "NOT" missing the crash. The mutants over at the Crash.net comments section have really hit a new low. I have never seen people hate a rider so much, that they will go out of their way to place blame in a crash/race incident on him. By the way some of these dumbass people comment, you'd think it was Rossi that caused the whole crash on purpose just to not be upstaged by Quatararo. I hate to break it to these dumb f**ks but had Rossi not been taken out, I don't think Quatararo would have been anywhere near him. There was a strong possibility that we would have seen Rossi or Dovi(or both for that matter) battling with Marquez for the win.

I see comment after comment of how Quatararo and Petrucci managed to miss the crash and make the corner, and how Rossi should have rode around it with ease and yadda, yadda, yadda. I'd like to tell everyone, well no sh*t!! Quatararo and Petrucci missed the crash, they were way behind it and had time to react. Petrucci was slow and got passed by Rossi quickly. So he was going backwards and Quatararo was further back yet. Rossi using the tow to get passed Petrucci, made a safe pass and was making the corner, when he saw Lorenzo's bike all over the place and he was heading right for it. He did the right thing and figured instead of hitting it, go around it and lose some spots but make it up. He didn't expect Lorenzo's bike to basically act like a magnet and come right for him.

You could set that same crash up again 10 times and you'd get a different result each time, with riders reacting different. It went the way it did, because that's just what happened to everyone involved.

My thoughts, Rossi saw Dovi and Vinales get taken out, saw Lornezo's bike doing its thing in the middle of the track and decided to avoid it and go around. His choice was correct, the outcome is what screwed him.

It's a racing incident and when you put 25 maniacs all on high powered machines, all vying for the same piece of asphalt these kinds of things happen. It wasn't deliberate from Lorenzo, it was just poor judgment and desire to make a good result. To me, this wasn't egregious at all and just what happens.

In my opinion, egregious is what Marquez did to Rossi and A.Espargaro back in Argentina last year. That was a good example of a rider just being a dick on track and using others as bump stops.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Watching FP2 in Assen, they announced that 99 fractured (C6?) vertebrate in his FP1 crash.

Love him or hate him, that just sucks... I've had a similar injury and it's very painful... I don't wish that on anyone.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Yeah man very unfortunate possible end to the season for him and even his career in MotoGP. These last two years have been injury prone and he hasn’t been able to recover 100%. These injuries are also left over from the crash he has in the test and then this one just aggravated them all further in. While not a fan of the dude but obviously wouldn’t wish this on anyone. Hope he makes a swift recovery
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Are we seeing the last of Rossi in this field? Things just keep getting worse for this dude man, yikes. Quartararo is on a roll, hope he can take that consistency into the race tomorrow
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

What I can't figure out is why there is such a large gap between the top 12 in Q2? The only two riders that are close to each other were Quatararo and Vinales. After those two, the times drop off immensely.

I have to be honest, I didn't watch Q1 or Q2, as at this point I really don't care. The season is shot and it's Marquez title again. But just looking at the time sheets at MotoGP.com the spread does look weird.

Rins is 4/10th's down, Marquez is 7/10ths, then Mir is a full second back!!

The rest of the field seem close to each other, but everyone else is a full second or more off the pace. What the hell happened here??
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Congrats to Vinales!!

That was actually a good and entertaining race, had some good passes and racing. Feel bad for Rins, poor guy can't get a break. He had some good pace. Figured Fabio would fade and Marquez in championship conservation mode. I'm sure he's going to win Sachsenring next week.

On to Sachsenring
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Yeah definitely good for Viñales, hope he can get some momentum going finally. Quartararo pushed a little too hard from the start and shredded those tires I’m sure. Missed the last part of it but logging in now to see the last like 8-9 laps.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

FYI Playstation Vue renewed contract with BeIn sports so you guys can watch both GP and WSBK again without having to get the pass
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Anyone having issues with playing interviews or other video content on MotoGP.com's website? I can see the races no problem but I can't get the interviews or press conference stuff to load. I get the video player but it will not load.

This is the kind of stuff that irritates me with motogp.com's website. I'm seriously thinking of dropping them in November when renewal time comes up.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Saw the press conference this morning no problems so not sure if anything has changed since
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Looks to be a good race tomorrow. It's Marquez race to lose though, with lots of other riders with good pace. For a moment there, though Quatararo was going to take pole. The kid is fast and he's extracting potential from the Yamaha. Petrucci took a nasty tumble, that didn't look good.

And I'm not going to even mention him, but if you can't beat a guy who crashed out or a guy that's got a bum foot and can barely walk, or a KTM, then you deserve that 11th spot. Time to hang it up old man...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Pretty good scrap for P1 there between Fabio and MM, seems like once Quartararo is able to build on some more seat time and experience he's the only one who may be able to give MM a run for his money cause nobody else seems to have the pace to keep up with this dude and I mean hell he pushed to 66 degrees and remained in control for crying out loud lol... I foresee Quartararo taking over Rossi's seat very soon and with MV actually producing some decent results as of late seems like Yamaha may have finally found a bit of a break. Super tough round for Ducati, Dovi looks insanely frustrated and yeah that tumble that Petrux took was insanely nasty, his right hand didn't look too good when he removed the glove there and was starting to swell up, hope it's just a sprain and not a break. Nakagami is just insane haha, very good ride by this dude being as banged up as he is.

Yeah it's beyond me why Rossi was able to produce such a great lap in Q1 and then chokes in Q2... Physically he is there as we have seen him be good still but I think mentally he is starting to check out, I truly believe that we may hear of his retirement at the end of the season. Yamaha sure as hell isn't going to renew his contract and with so much young upcoming talent, I believe it's perhaps a great idea for him to move on... hell of a career without a doubt and what he's done even at 41 years old is something of astonishment but just gotta know when to stop and I believe this is a good time for him to call it and not have it all end in ridiculous embarrassment because at the rate this season is going for him, it's only a matter of time before he hits rock bottom and on a factory ride of all things.

The WSBK championship just took a huge turn with Bautista starting to choke badly, just crashed out of the donington park race and Rea is owning that wet race.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1